10 years from now people are gonna say that the XIII saga is so underrated.

#31King_Shortt_IXPosted 12/27/2013 2:54:25 PM(edited)
Who knows? There may not even be a Final Fantasy in 10 years time.
---
Adult collectible. This is not a toy.
#32The_CiscoPosted 12/28/2013 5:04:59 AM
Zork_Wesker posted...
The_Cisco posted...
lemon_love01 posted...
Its just a feeling I have. Not to mention the Irony, where its the same person who used to bash, is now the one praising.

I for one never minded the XIII saga.

Oh yes. Take a look at 7,8, 9, and 10. Those games were given loads of hate during the time they were the latest ff.. now the kiddy guys who started with those games now consider them as part of some "golden age" of square/rpg's. in 10 years, the latest FF from that time will be getting the "oh square ruined the series... this isn't an rpg anymore... it sold so low.. the protagonist/story/characters are bad" lines and they kids now who started with 13 are going to list 13 as part of the "golden age" of square.

I'm sorry what? I never recalled anyone really hating on Final Fantasy VII until after so many years that it came out...just, because. If anything, that game is responsible for making the franchise as popular as it is. I doubt the XIII series will be held anywhere near the regard that any of those games are. Even FF8 and X.

LMAO. Of course you don't recall, because i know you were not around (don't pretend either). Gamepro and various game magazines gave the same bashing to 7 as to what the goths do now.

"How is this a final fantasy, the roles are so gone.. no castles... cloud only cries in the game.. Square is really betraying itself just to finally get more eyes from the western audience..."
#33theofficefan99Posted 12/28/2013 5:07:51 AM
The_Cisco posted...
lemon_love01 posted...
Its just a feeling I have. Not to mention the Irony, where its the same person who used to bash, is now the one praising.

I for one never minded the XIII saga.

Oh yes. Take a look at 7,8, 9, and 10. Those games were given loads of hate during the time they were the latest ff.. now the kiddy guys who started with those games now consider them as part of some "golden age" of square/rpg's. in 10 years, the latest FF from that time will be getting the "oh square ruined the series... this isn't an rpg anymore... it sold so low.. the protagonist/story/characters are bad" lines and they kids now who started with 13 are going to list 13 as part of the "golden age" of square.

This is such BS and you know it. No mainline FF's were hated to the extent of FFXIII.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#34theofficefan99Posted 12/28/2013 5:09:08 AM
Nvm Cisco is the "goth" troll carry on.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#35JackSwaggsterPosted 12/29/2013 10:42:44 AM
In 10 years the XIII saga will be seen as a grim reminder of the death of gaming and society.
---
http://imageshack.com/i/31xnfup
The #1 Elite gamer.
#36mahroflcopterPosted 12/29/2013 12:43:06 PM(edited)
It will always be polarizing due to it's very design. XIII stripped all illusion of choice, forced you to play the way that the designers wanted you to play for prolonged periods of time, makes it impossible to ignore the story as it is shoved in your face until Chapter 11, streamlines several mechanics that are among many people's favorites, etc. I've found that, generally, you either liked this approach or you didn't . The director even admitted that it would be controversial, and it was, and it always will be.

XIII-2 half-heartedly added back the illusion of choice through poorly implemented mechanics ("Live Trigger" means jack all in terms of the narrative beyond a few joke endings; "Cinematic Action" are just QTE's that you can't even actually fail and ultimately change nothing, you just don't get an item; the main hub makes it seem like you have a hell of a lot of choice, but it's really just copy pasted (as many as 4 times with most areas being copy pasted at least twice) areas where you have a couple new things to do, mostly already on the story track; etc), is very loose compared to XIII as it has little difficulty 90% of the time, is poorly balanced, nerfed the hell out of most of the battle system, took out whole mechanics (aka summons), etc.

LR looks to be on the same path of just adding stuff in as if to say "Me too!".

And none of this even mentions the story of each game.

Personally, I liked XIII for what it was, didn't like XIII-2 in the least, and am semi-interested in LR. The Lightning Saga has always seemed like an experiment, and a lot of what the staff say kinda support that view. So really, The Lightning Saga will always be polarizing.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.