Lightning vs. YRP

#31TwilightOdinPosted 12/29/2013 12:53:29 AM
darkgod1000 posted...
What fanservice does Lightning have besides catering to weeaboos and people who enjoy the lack of a personality?

How does she cater to weeaboos?
---
"This world is cruel, and also very beautiful."
Mikasa Ackerman, Shingeki no Kyojin.
#32Xerneas1Posted 12/29/2013 4:46:05 AM
OmarMohy posted...
What is YRP?
Your right penis?

Yuna, Rikku, Paine. you jerk
#33JukainPosted 12/29/2013 4:56:02 AM
TwilightOdin posted...
darkgod1000 posted...
What fanservice does Lightning have besides catering to weeaboos and people who enjoy the lack of a personality?

I'm guessing the pink hair and the tsundere traits.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#34MalakTawusPosted 12/29/2013 5:26:05 AM(edited)
Lightning alone is already way better than YRP for my taste, and if we add to her even Fang it's not even a contest for me :P

Said that, i liked Yuna FFX's version way more compared to YRP version and Rikku is always funny. About Paine.......she's really not an interesting character imo.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#35Elice_CarolPosted 12/29/2013 7:37:42 AM
TwilightOdin posted...

Typical animu female. Hot n' cold with others, unrealistic hair color, eventually becomes some sort of chosen one, usually remains single/alive at the end so otaku won't get mad.
---
Nothin' to see here, I swear.
#36yagam1234Posted 12/29/2013 7:46:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#37MalakTawusPosted 12/29/2013 8:25:29 AM(edited)
Elice_Carol posted...
TwilightOdin posted...

Typical animu female. Hot n' cold with others, unrealistic hair color, eventually becomes some sort of chosen one, usually remains single/alive at the end so otaku won't get mad.

Kinda disagree.

Is Lightning (and almost all FF games in general btw) connected to the anime-style? Of course, BUT:

-the fact that she is "hot" is absolutely not something particularly related to anime, even since greek litterature female warriors are almost ALWAYS described as very beautiful, and it's quite normal even for not japanese female heroines.

-the fact that she act cold with others is also not something that can really be connected with anime, it's simply a characteristic that is NATURALLY connected with the soldier/warrior character that has heavy responsabilities, even more if she has a difficult past. Again, this is normal even in western litterature that has absolutely nothing to do with anime -_-

-"becomes some sort of chosen one" is perfectly normal for heroines in general, 100% normal especially if we consider the myth/legend type of narrative.

-"usually remains alive" is another thing that can't be connected particularly to Anime, infact i dont know what kind of animes you watch, but actually in animes there are TONS of sad endings with heroines dying.
Even in western movies the heroines sometimes dies (like in animes), but sure as hell it's NOT the majority of the times..........so even this point is completely void.

-strange hair colour.......yes, this point is def anime's influence, undeniable.......but tbh it's not a very important point, i doubt that fans like her character because she has pink hair, at best it's a distinctive factor.

In conclusion, Lightning doesn't have those traits because she is anime-style heroine, she is like that simply because she is an heroine in a myth/legend type of story (with even gods involved)........beside the hairs,lol.

(....and the reason why those traits are often used in animes and became "types" is simply bacause anime is heavily influenced by myth/legend formula in general.........actually it seems that Japanese authors often love european classic litterature, and christian religion too now that i think about it, but that's another matter)
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#38Elice_CarolPosted 12/29/2013 8:50:19 AM
Why the long post, sunshine?
---
Nothin' to see here, I swear.
#39asuka77Posted 12/29/2013 11:28:31 AM
J-pop rulez ho ho ho

Sa..sa..su..ke..kun...
#40RedZakuPosted 12/29/2013 12:44:25 PM
Elice_Carol posted...
TwilightOdin posted...

I agree that's what Lightning is, I disagree that's what animu females are. Most animu females are generally more dere-dere than tsun-tsun, unless it's an anime catered specifically to girls generally do not become chosen ones, and they definitely do not typically remain single.
---
-PSN: SeigZeon
Your logic fails more than the shields of the U. S. S. Enterprise.