HOLY .... they don't make games like this anymore...

#21TwolegitnaPosted 12/29/2013 8:22:23 AM
6 is mediocre compared to the far superior 7 (puts opinion on a pedestal)

And I also blame that lame excuse they use when they say their trying to "westernize" the series. With a company as big as SE is , they could of just as easily slapped a different name on it instead of calling it(them) a FF game
#22equi_exchangePosted 12/29/2013 8:32:28 AM
hei22190 posted...
at least in the zelda series, we have one magical game after another. Nintendo doesn't lose their touch on these things. Final Fantasy on the other hand is just going downhill

They don't lose their touch they've fired Hironobu Sakaguchi
---
PSN: sanspantalon
#23DarktyrannomonPosted 12/29/2013 10:10:01 AM
hei22190 posted...
never said it was, but it sure blows this 13 stuff out of the water..

No way. 8 focuses too much on romance and the characters barely interact with each other. Lame characters with bad characterization. 13 has awesome characters and better story.
---
Please do not deplore yourself. Even if the world does not forgive you, I will forgive you. - Frederica Bernkastel
#24AveriaClairePosted 12/29/2013 10:59:51 AM
hei22190 posted...
at least in the zelda series, we have one magical game after another. Nintendo doesn't lose their touch on these things. Final Fantasy on the other hand is just going downhill

Yeah, because the Zelda fandom doesn't have plenty of people complaining about how the recent console releases have been lackluster.

Oh wait. You aren't complaining, therefore the games are perfect. I know how this sort of logic* works.

* Saying this is an insult to actual logic.
#25hei22190(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 12:09:51 PM
I mean like wtf happened...

1. characters are no longer memorable. How can you compare any member of the caste of XIII with someone like Shadow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUH_UZlGIKs

2. the music... rap music in FFXIII-2??? All the music from LR doesn't seem good as well.

3. the gameplay is so... ugh... there's barely any customization anymore. To be honest, the gameplay of LR looks really boring.

I love FF, im just a little disappointed. I hope 15 is really really good..
#26hei22190(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 12:13:06 PM
AveriaClaire posted...
hei22190 posted...

Yeah, because the Zelda fandom doesn't have plenty of people complaining about how the recent console releases have been lackluster.

Oh wait. You aren't complaining, therefore the games are perfect. I know how this sort of logic* works.

* Saying this is an insult to actual logic.

I think each Zelda is just as memorable if not better than the next. Of course, the main three will always be OOT, Majoras Mask and A link to the Past.

But even so... other titles in the series stand VERY well against those 3 such as...

the minish cap, skyward sword, twilight princess, wind waker... the list just goes on.
#27AveriaClairePosted 12/29/2013 12:25:44 PM
hei22190 posted...
1. characters are no longer memorable. How can you compare any member of the caste of XIII with someone like Shadow!

Shadow is one of the shallowest characters in FFVI.

2. the music... rap music in FFXIII-2??? All the music from LR doesn't seem good as well.

Sweet subjectivity, Batman!

3. the gameplay is so... ugh... there's barely any customization anymore. To be honest, the gameplay of LR looks really boring.

The FFXIII games are some of the only games in the series where equipment doesn't progress in a mostly linear fashion (i.e. newly obtained equipment is just better in every way than older items).

That last sentence pretty much sums up how much your opinion is worth. "I don't like the gameplay, not that I've actually played the game or anything...."
#28hei22190(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 12:43:32 PM
AveriaClaire posted...
hei22190 posted...

The FFXIII games are some of the only games in the series where equipment doesn't progress in a mostly linear fashion (i.e. newly obtained equipment is just better in every way than older items).

That last sentence pretty much sums up how much your opinion is worth. "I don't like the gameplay, not that I've actually played the game or anything...."

How deep could the gameplay possibly be when it looks and sounds like (from the people who played the game) the same thing as FFXIII? Too bad you even only control ONE character now.
#29j-fielding95Posted 12/29/2013 12:47:20 PM
hei22190 posted...
I mean like wtf happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUH_UZlGIKs

I love FF, im just a little disappointed. I hope 15 is really really good..

FF's always suffer from poor characters, since they're all so different to each other and therefore there's always gonna be some you love and some you hate.

There's nothing wrong with rap music being in XIII-2.

There is tons of customisation in LR, I don't see where you're getting that from, even more so than most other FF's.
---
You are slave. Want emancipation?
#30goodlyoakPosted 12/29/2013 12:48:52 PM
hei22190 posted...
AveriaClaire posted...
hei22190 posted...

How deep could the gameplay possibly be when it looks and sounds like (from the people who played the game) the same thing as FFXIII? Too bad you even only control ONE character now.

No one has said that. Most people who played this game all agree the gameplay is the best part.