How would you save the Final Fantasy series?

#121thunderpeteiiPosted 1/13/2014 5:17:21 PM
FFXIV already saved it financially, it was more sucessful than ffxi at a point a few months ago, which was financially the most successful FF.

And I don't like mmo's, and my favorite rts Warcraft being turned into an mmo too, but that's the way it is.

Gameplay wise idk, they've fragmentd their own fanbase on what exactly they want. I think less linear, with worldmap might be certain things that most would like though. Which ffxv seems to have. Who likes what battle system is all over the place though.
#122Kou-NurasakaPosted 1/13/2014 8:10:02 PM
The_Undying_84 posted...
Make something similar to the good games, AKA the SNES and PS1 games.

The only other option I would even consider is something with XII's battle system and a FFV esque job system.

You, keep talking, I like this idea!
---
I who stand in the full light of the Heavens command thee who opens the gates of Hell! Come forth divine lighting! This ends now! Indignation!
#123Sacred_ArfaidPosted 1/13/2014 8:29:29 PM
Kou-Nurasaka posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...
Make something similar to the good games, AKA the SNES and PS1 games.

The only other option I would even consider is something with XII's battle system and a FFV esque job system.

You, keep talking, I like this idea!

All of it except for 12's battle system.
#124Kou-NurasakaPosted 1/13/2014 8:32:12 PM
I actually liked 12's battle system. It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty in depth considering the amounts of customization you could have with weapon set ups and what not.

Very fast paced.
---
I who stand in the full light of the Heavens command thee who opens the gates of Hell! Come forth divine lighting! This ends now! Indignation!
#125King_Shortt_IXPosted 1/14/2014 7:23:40 AM
The fandom needs to get unified.
---
Adult collectible. This is not a toy.
#126MindersPosted 1/14/2014 9:54:19 AM
I believe that one of the main problems SquareEnix faces is that the fanbase has grown quite a lot. It's easier to please 100 000 people than 3 million people. With the growth of the internet people can also come together and complain.

This might seem insignificant at a glance but if enough people point out an issue it might become noticable to you even if you didn't particularly cared before it was shoved in your face by hundreds of people. To use the lemonade example. John might be thirsty, buy a glass of lemonade and enjoy the sour taste because he's really thirsty. However standing next to him is Harry shouting about sweetness and John might realise that he'd rather have sweet lemonade than sour and jump on the bandwagon to complain.

Technological issues have also been mentioned. The complexity of creating a game has increased a lot over the years and that means you have to spend more time and money on everything crafted for the game. This leads to them having to limit either quantity or quality of content.
With the visual quality the way it is they simply have to limit the quantity of the content. You might say that gameplay is more important and I would agree with you. Unfortunately the game is now mainstream and that audience cares a lot about the graphics of games.

The quality of the story is another story tho. I do however believe that the story is, or at least could be, negatively affected by the higher production value. With the vastly superior character models today compared to the old games there is less imagination involved in the story. Same with voiceacting. Imagination can cover for flaws and add charm to the game. With the way things are now my imagination is blocked and we get to see exactly what the writers wanted. I might not like what they want.

I believe imagination is one of the reasons the WRPG scene has grown as much as it has in recent years. With the higher grade of customization and freedom people can play what they want and not what the writers want. Add the modding community to games like Skyrim and players can get a lot closer to what they want.
---
"homer the lord only asks for one hour a week" -Marge
"in that case he should have made the week an hour longer..." -Homer (GF)