How would you save the Final Fantasy series?

#31VekkererPosted 1/6/2014 5:47:35 PM
It's so nice whenever we can all get together and wish Death upon each other. It warms my heart.

>.>
---
"And you have proved to be
A real human being and a real hero..."
#32Strider102Posted 1/6/2014 9:49:47 PM
Vekkerer posted...
It's so nice whenever we can all get together and wish Death upon each other. It warms my heart.

>.>

Indeed. Nothing says "I need to grow up" more then death threats on a message board.

Btw Vek, can I has brain hurt now? Don't make me beg.
---
Strider is something of a god of equine necro-brutality. -Master ZED
#33cory droidPosted 1/6/2014 10:00:18 PM
King_Shortt_IX posted...
Get rid of story characters for your party and replace them with it a create your character system.

Return back to the classic turn based system, and expand the skill system to include impressive looking summons and spells that are useful.

Simplify the story, and keep it clear of convolution. Everything is by the book and there are no surprises.

Get rid of needless CGI scenes

Make the series open world with freedom to play the game as one sees fit. Everything is unlocked from the start.

No more DLC.

So what you want a Final Fantasy to be a wrpg with an illiterate shallow storyline. Good thing we don't have you making final fantasy.

Aren't you the one that keeps saying final fantasy should go back to it's roots? And then you say it should be like a wrpg? Make up your mind.
---
"That's because you're wrong, and your chops are bustable. My chops are unbustable"-JuliusKnightBlade
#34crono12064Posted 1/6/2014 10:05:59 PM
cory droid posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...
Get rid of story characters for your party and replace them with it a create your character system.

Return back to the classic turn based system, and expand the skill system to include impressive looking summons and spells that are useful.

Simplify the story, and keep it clear of convolution. Everything is by the book and there are no surprises.

Make the series open world with freedom to play the game as one sees fit. Everything is unlocked from the start.

No more DLC.

So what you want a Final Fantasy to be a wrpg with an illiterate shallow storyline. Good thing we don't have you making final fantasy.

Aren't you the one that keeps saying final fantasy should go back to it's roots? And then you say it should be like a wrpg? Make up your mind.

Did you see his original post? Wow.
---
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Too much sanity may be madness and maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be.
#35Jedi_WraithPosted 1/6/2014 10:43:30 PM
Vekkerer posted...
Better to wear nostalgia goggles and being able to smell dog **** then wearing brand goggles and declare the dog **** to be Diamonds.

Pffffffft.
Good one, you made me laugh.
Or well, more it was more of smirk then a laugh.

Vekky's brain hurt himself,

"Then" instead of then.

.....dat hater english.
---
how Return of the Jedi should have ended
http://youtu.be/zdukWtJwlPU
#36hyro56Posted 1/6/2014 10:49:05 PM
I would just force my preferences onto the fanbase instead of accepting feedback. So I'd make another sequel to the Lightning Saga to infuriate them even further.Oh and make a follow-up to X-3. With twice as much Biltzball. And Chocobo riding. Cuz everyone loves chocobo riding.
---
Atlus > Square-Enix
GameFAQs OTP ExtremeLight x mistermikeymike
#37SuperXThousandPosted 1/6/2014 11:36:29 PM
King_Shortt_IX posted...

No more DLC.

So.. FF1? Ahm, no thank you.
#38EdenspiritPosted 1/7/2014 12:03:19 AM
HD JRPGs on home-consoles are not very easy to produce because they suck up a lot of time, money and manpower. Sure, many people are saying the XIII sequels are a cash-grab and I do agree with them to some extent even though I really enjoyed XIII-2 and was looking forward to LR. I think the reason they chose to make the sequels was to maximize profits because the PS3 life cycle is nearing its end. The first game took around 5 years to make (2004-2009/10), the second one around 1 year I think (2010-2011/12) and LR around the same amount of time. I believe the localization does take more time than other JRPGs because of all the lip-synching and voice-acting (I don't think there's any text-only dialogue, is there?). I don't really know other games that lip-synch everything. If anyone does, do tell. I genuinely wish to know if there are other games out there that do. The devs may not have been lying when they said they could not make HD towns with their current engine. They toned down the graphics in the sequels to allow for more exploration and to introduce towns. Cutting down the number of party members may not be a mere coincidence either. If anything, maybe it would have been best for them to give very little focus to the graphics and aesthetics I guess. They did reintroduce towns and exploration and reduced the quality of the graphics in regards to fans' complaints, didn't they?

Anyways, if the mainline FFs keep doing not-so-great and keep losing popularity among the fans despite all the effort and time they dedicate in creating a single product, it might not be a bad idea if they produced FF only on handhelds in the future. The new CEO, Matsuda, may actually be right about his plans to focus on mobile gaming, IOS and handhelds. Handheld games require less manpower, time and money to make, and Tabata did a pretty good job with Type-0. The game could (and most probably will) do really well once it's released in the West... assuming most FF fans do own handhelds. Think for a second. The sequel trend is not gonna end that soon. FF XV is pretty much confirmed to have sequels, so everyone'll probably be stuck with XV for about the same amount of time they were with XIII. If XV turns out to be amazing for all FF fans, then great. If not, it'll suffer pretty much from the same stigma as the XIII series. So FF on handhelds is not a bad idea at all. Everyone'll keep getting new worlds and stories to explore and one won't have to wait for too long to get a brand new game. It'll be like a fallback to the PSX/SNES era. Graphics and the usage of VA for every single scene or dialogue don't matter do they? Maybe it'll be best to stick to less realistic or detailed figures, reintroduce the overworld for exploration and go in single avatar mode while you're exploring (maybe bring back random encounters... but I always HATED that). The best way to bring back the old FF flair is to move everything to handhelds IMO. DQ (one of the most popular franchises in Japan, definitely more popular than FF) has gone that route and it's doing really well, isn't it?

It's nigh impossible to create HD FFs and new FF worlds (with multiple party members, overworlds, towns, etc., etc.) in a short amount of time on newer-gen consoles. Building a whole new world from the ground up ain't no easy task. If anything, it's the Western market that needs to change. They need to shift to handhelds and follow the trend. Like in Japan.

What do you think? Wouldn't it be great to have a variety of different FFs over a short span of time like in the old days?
---
At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want. - Lao Tzu
#39cory droidPosted 1/7/2014 12:48:01 AM
crono12064 posted...
cory droid posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...

No more DLC.

Did you see his original post? Wow.

Heh, I guess his first few versions weren't "subtlety trolling" enough.
---
"That's because you're wrong, and your chops are bustable. My chops are unbustable"-JuliusKnightBlade
#40VekkererPosted 1/7/2014 2:55:35 AM(edited)
Strider102 posted...
Vekkerer posted...

>.>

Indeed. Nothing says "I need to grow up" more then death threats on a message board.

Btw Vek, can I has brain hurt now? Don't make me beg.

You honestly Believe that that idiotic post you made was true didn't you? That's why you're acting all obnoxious about it?

This this...
Looking at the flaws in one, and ignoring/denying the flaws in others, means you like to think you're entitled and FF is ment to cater to you and you alone."

...isn't something that's supposed to be laughed at?

defender pls
---
"And you have proved to be
A real human being and a real hero..."