To those getting the Western version: English or Japanese Audio?

#1ChibiGoku 302Posted 1/16/2014 12:56:15 PM
On your first playthrough, what will your audio language be? - Results (390 votes)
English
71.79% (280 votes)
Japanese
28.21% (110 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Given the release for the game is getting closer, I've decided to open up a poll, due to the fact we will be getting dual audio for this game, as the form of DLC.

My question to you guys is what audio language will you guys be playing this game in on your first playthrough?

For the record, I would like to try and keep "weeaboo" comments kept to a minimum (if not all together) in this topic. I do not want this to become a flaming ground.

As for me? I'm planning on going with the Japanese audio, at least through my first playthrough of the game. Given that I've played through the series through the Chinese and Japanese versions, I figured it would make sense to finish the series off with playing with the original Japanese audio. That, and I generally have a preference to the Japanese voice cast and the American version is cheaper than straight importing the Japanese release.

Not to discredit the English cast, all the performances of all the games in English were pretty strong, except Hope's voice. I'm not sure if it's the voice actor's fault or the director's fault, but with the first game, it felt very flat. Not totally pleased with it on the second game, but it did sound a bit better there.

So, what about you guys?
---
Sonikku X!!
#2j-fielding95Posted 1/16/2014 12:57:24 PM
English because I'm English and I speak English therefore English is the language I understand.
---
You are slave. Want emancipation?
#3sonovajenovaPosted 1/16/2014 12:57:52 PM
English. Wanna hear me some Ali Hillis.
---
Well, why can't I include spoiler tags in my signature?
#4coreekymonPosted 1/16/2014 1:00:02 PM
j-fielding95 posted...
English because I'm English and I speak English therefore English is the language I understand.

This, voice acting has almost never bothered me in anything so why listen to the Japanese when I could just understand it in English.
---
I very much dislike the Gamefaqs boards, I don't know why I'm here.
#5Jedi_WraithPosted 1/16/2014 1:01:29 PM
j-fielding95 posted...

He asked westerners, not you euros.
---
how Return of the Jedi should have ended
http://youtu.be/zdukWtJwlPU
#6lindaluvPosted 1/16/2014 1:01:40 PM
The VA for the 13 series was actually pretty good. Plus I wanna hear Fang and Vanille again ^_^. Only animes for me are where I prefer the japanese VA's
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Strider) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
MulaMadara : Deneb (25 - Sorc)
#7bobdaconPosted 1/16/2014 1:01:58 PM
If I bought the game I'd clearly get the japanese voices.

Since english isn't my first language, I'd have to read subtitles anyway and I prefer the japanese voices except for Sazh.
#8cz75gscPosted 1/16/2014 1:02:21 PM
English.

I'm french speaking, but they rarely include french language in games except for subtitles.
Maybe more in Europe, but Québec has standard north american releases except for the boxes that are bilingual.
#9VerteX13Posted 1/16/2014 1:02:53 PM
English, I just watch Anime in Japanese. Games are always english by me. It serves me no purpose to look at the subtitles when I just wanna look at what's going on in the scenes.
---
Stella will be playable in Final Fantasy XV. Calling it now.
Official Conductor for the FFXV Hype Train
#10j-fielding95Posted 1/16/2014 1:03:34 PM
Jedi_Wraith posted...
j-fielding95 posted...

He asked westerners, not you euros.

I don't want you to embarrass yourself.
---
You are slave. Want emancipation?