I just pre-ordered the collector's edition and was woundering about something

#1m_x360Posted 2/1/2014 1:55:22 AM
How's Square Enix's store website? Have anyone ordered from them without having any problems?

I never orders from an official website of a specific product, usually just from Amazon. And I'm just worried if I'll have problems with the shipping date or the product itself. I hate it when they say in the game's page " *Launch day delivery not guaranteed. Final product may vary"

Well, I can live with a short delay but whats with the "final product may vary"?!
They Might as well say "Oh, well you might receive the pocket watch and the art book or you may not" :(
---
Always be hopeful and have faith despite everything, no matter what.
#2hyjinx17Posted 2/1/2014 3:01:15 AM
Never ordered a game but I ordered a few figures and they arrived in the designated time frame and were un damaged.
---
3DS friend code:3883-5502-4640 IGN:Zero
#3m_x360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 2:21:51 PM(edited)
Nice, I'm glade it went well with you.

The thing is, I ordered a tumbler cup with my game but after placing my order I noticed it says that my order is going to be delivered after the 27th of Feb because of the Tumbler will arrive on the 27th. So I cancelled my Tumbler, but I still notice the after 27th delivery part, not sure if it's an error or what. I just hope I receive my product as I ordered and as soon as possible.

Square is just stupid, let amazon handle it! I lot of people like them and trust them.
---
#4thunderpeteiiPosted 2/1/2014 2:55:16 PM(edited)
I've ordered things from their store with no problem. I've not ordered a game for release date.

A lot places don't guarantee release date shipping. Amazon only refunds the shipping charge, (which if it's free is nothing) and only offers release date delivery to certain areas. I have had games be a day or two late from there.

There's reasons why SE and others are trying to set up their own store (Margin). And that does mean that it won't be the well oiled Amazon is. And Digital River has had a history of having issues. Though I've never had an issue with them.
#5Mindwipe77Posted 2/1/2014 2:56:45 PM
I pre-ordered the LR CE a couple weeks ago, and this is my 1st time using DR's store. I have heard alot of bad things about DR but i had to have that CE so this is DR's chance to get me to trust them.
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
Proud owner of Xbox One,PS 4 and Wii U
#6m_x360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 11:39:35 PM
Well, I hope things goes well with you, me and all who pre-ordered.

It just that it bugs me that whenever I check my order, I still have this in my page:

"This order will be shipped after the release date of 2/27/2014 for FINAL FANTASY SERIES CLEAR TUMBLER CHOCOBO."

Even thou I canceled the Tumbler and it does says that I canceled it, but it's still there. That's why I feel someone is too lazy to do a proper check on the site, because I might still be registered as if I ordered it out of a mistake or so. I guess I'll just have to be hopeful that things will go well.

I thought of canceling my whole order and re-order the game again just to clear any confusion, what do you think?
---
#7m_x360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 4:07:33 PM
I have some good news regarding my problem and I liked to share it.

I just called Digital River, they kept me on hold for a while but thankfully someone answered and he was very helpful and he assured me that my tumbler cup was canceled so I should receive my order before the tumbler's release date which is the 27th (and that date kept appearing in my order page for some reason even thou I canceled the tumbler so it had me worried)

And I asked him regarding when I might get my order and he said I might not get it the same week of release since I order it few days ago and there are others who ordered it way before me, which is totally fine with me as long as I'll be receiving my order the way it advertised (you know, the game, the art book and the pocket watch, nothing missing) and he said yes I should and said that I'll receive an E-mail telling me when to expect to receive my order.
So, so far I feel good about Digital River and I hope that feeling will be the same when I receive my order. And I hope things will go well with other gamers as well with their orders.

In case anyone need to contact them, that's their number:

tel:1-866-585-3251

Remember, keep your order number ready when they ask for it so they can find your order much easier.
---
#8Nerdforlife91Posted 2/3/2014 4:43:26 PM
Thanks for the telephone number, and good to hear everything worked out for you for the better! :) I ordered mine back in December when they first were announced, so we'll see what happens, haha.
---
PSN: Fighter4life
#9m_x360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 5:42:43 PM
Thanks! And you're welcome.

If your shipping speed is at least 2nd day, than hopefully you'll get it in the same week since you're one of the first who pre-ordered it.
---
#10Nerdforlife91Posted 2/3/2014 5:44:07 PM
I picked Ground because I didn't have that much money to spend on shipping alone (2-3 Days), so we'll have to wait and see, but I'm probably not expecting it until the 13th or 14th.
---
PSN: Fighter4life