E-mail for collector's edition

#1FAT____MANPosted 2/3/2014 8:37:19 PM
God i hate Digital River...

Anyway i got an e-mail with the Cloud's suit dlc code, and a message that states, "Thank you for ordering on Square-Enix, Inc.. The product that you preordered is now available."

Does that mean they'll be shipping out by morning or what? Also who's excited, and check your emails!
---
FC: 0044-2911-8776
#2Mindwipe77Posted 2/3/2014 8:49:31 PM
ty for the heads up for those who may not know, but tons of us got this email hours ago, and yes hopefully our games will ship out soon, just wait for that shipped email they'll send ou
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#3FAT____MAN(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 8:51:36 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...
ty for the heads up for those who may not know, but tons of us got this email hours ago, and yes hopefully our games will ship out soon, just wait for that shipped email they'll send ou

Ah, I hadn't seen anything blatant on the first page. Also I've been neck deep in homework/Mass Effect for the last 5 hours.
I'm just a little worried with their way of charging when you order(to check the funds?), then recharging you when they actually ship it.
---
#4Mindwipe77Posted 2/3/2014 8:53:47 PM
FAT____MAN posted...
Mindwipe77 posted...

Ah, I hadn't seen anything blatant on the first page. Also I've been neck deep in homework/Mass Effect for the last 5 hours.
I'm just a little worried with their way of charging when you order(to check the funds?), then recharging you when they actually ship it.

they may have taken the funds to check your card, then they put it back and take it when they ship, although for some ppl they just take it and never put it back and ship it out. You won't be charged twice, so do not worry
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#5FAT____MAN(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 8:57:26 PM
I'm not worried about a double charged, just an unforeseen discrepancy. I'm not a fan of their system.
---
#6TiaelPosted 2/3/2014 8:58:56 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...
FAT____MAN posted...
Mindwipe77 posted...

they may have taken the funds to check your card, then they put it back and take it when they ship, although for some ppl they just take it and never put it back and ship it out. You won't be charged twice, so do not worry

Also those with Paypal got charged back when they ordered, but credit card orders you will get it back, it's a pre-authorization charge.
I had it happen with the Before Meteor OST, and the NNK WE from DR, but was always refunded the amount until the item actually shipped.
And the NNK WE fiasco was a big issue, I got mine thankfully, but was on the boards when that blow out occurred.

I was more worried about them overselling copies like the NNK WE, but given SE likely produces more CE than Namco Bandai does, and the fact we got that Cloud garb DLC e-mail, hopefully means everything is going smoothly.
---
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3052701/
Trails in the Sky SC - http://i.imgur.com/qT369Jv.gif
#7DoomerangPosted 2/3/2014 9:16:48 PM
FAT____MAN posted...

Anyway i got an e-mail with the Cloud's suit dlc code, and a message that states, "Thank you for ordering on Square-Enix, Inc.. The product that you preordered is now available."

Does that mean they'll be shipping out by morning or what? Also who's excited, and check your emails!

The Cloud suit DLC code was actually considered a separate preorder item from the CE (check your order; it lists the dlc item separately). All that notification is telling you is that the code itself is available, because it in itself was considered a preordered product. It wasn't referring to the CE itself.
---
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles
#8FAT____MAN(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 9:22:16 PM
Doomerang posted...
FAT____MAN posted...

The Cloud suit DLC code was actually considered a separate preorder item from the CE (check your order; it lists the dlc item separately). All that notification is telling you is that the code itself is available, because it in itself was considered a preordered product. It wasn't referring to the CE itself.

Ah ha! There we go, that makes a lot of sense.
---