I honestly hope LR serves as a wake up call to FF fans and to SE

#1RedZarakiPosted 2/11/2014 1:36:39 PM
The bad press, negative reviews, and (probable) poor sales (look at the Japanese launch numbers) I hope shows people something.

I hope it shows them that the recent FF games haven't just been people bashing the new thing. It's been legitimate lack of quality in a series that was once touted as highly as any series in the world. Earth-shaking system selling blockbuster titles. That is the pedigree here.

It's like a straight-A student bringing home a C-. Stop saying to the kid "it's okay hun, I thought you did great!". Point out their mistakes, force them to do better.

Or are you really that one fan who buys something from company X no matter what? Even so far as to support the company's downward spiral and insulate them from the fan outcry of disappointment? You're only harming yourself if that's the case.
---
Wolf Baron
#2Nightmare637Posted 2/11/2014 1:39:07 PM
hey now I was a Straight D student.

c- is like a dream for my family.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
3DS FC:4613-6937-5018
#3_Dim_Posted 2/11/2014 1:39:15 PM
now 7 tier spin-off games are considered bad.
#4LadysoalluringPosted 2/11/2014 1:39:35 PM
Tout it out when it happens with the next main/flag ship entry in the FF series not a sequel of a sequel.
---
Official "Vanille" of the Dissidia Duodecim boards
"To hate, to hurt, to destroy ... I couldn't do it" - Vanille
#5hotmj023Posted 2/11/2014 1:40:01 PM
Nightmare637 posted...
hey now I was a Straight D student.

c- is like a dream for my family.

I like the cut of your jib
---
FF7 - 8.9
ff13 - 7.0 - Majority rules
#6j-fielding95Posted 2/11/2014 1:40:48 PM
I hope they completely ignore all bad press and continue making games as great as the Lightning Saga, easily the best trilogy in gaming.
---
You are slave. Want emancipation?
#7LaventorPosted 2/11/2014 1:41:08 PM
I suppose if Final Fantasy would rehash itself over and over like certain other series instead of trying something new it'd get high scores every time and sell like hotcakes *shrugs*.
---
Pokemon X/Y FC: 5412 - 9930 - 5608 - Please PM me with your FC if you add me :)
Friend Safari Dragon; Gabite, Noibat, Druddigon
#8Snorlax_exlaxPosted 2/11/2014 1:43:54 PM(edited)
While LR certainly isn't the best game ever, people really need to stop acting like it's the spawn of Satan.

99% chance we won't see another XIII game, so calm down.
---
http://goo.gl/5q5pPB /// http://goo.gl/QZxuAS
http://goo.gl/lmYq7h /// http://goo.gl/OGfHd6
#9ColonelGuilePosted 2/11/2014 1:43:37 PM
Have you ever thought that there may be no problem, and it's just a matter of upset nostalgia critics who are stuck in the past? FF fans are at their worst, and there's no reason for it - but don't worry, this is the last game. XIII has a good fanbase, and so does every other title. FFXV is going to have a strong fanbase too, and a lot of people hating. It's a vicious cycle. There's nothing me or you can do about it because people will still continue to buy because they like RPGs in general. At times, people are looking for entertainment and not to delve into critical detail about every little thing that's wrong.

If you do want to fix things, get a degree in writing from a renowned college, start writing stories, become an Indie dev, network with people, and maybe you will get seen by someone who wants to change the RPG world.
#10hotmj023Posted 2/11/2014 1:45:26 PM
ColonelGuile posted...
Have you ever thought that there may be no problem, and it's just a matter of upset nostalgia critics who are stuck in the past? FF fans are at their worst, and there's no reason for it - but don't worry, this is the last game. XIII has a good fanbase, and so does every other title. FFXV is going to have a strong fanbase too, and a lot of people hating. It's a vicious cycle. There's nothing me or you can do about it because people will still continue to buy because they like RPGs in general. At times, people are looking for entertainment and not to delve into critical detail about every little thing that's wrong.

If you do want to fix things, get a degree in writing from a renowned college, start writing stories, become an Indie dev, network with people, and maybe you will get seen by someone who wants to change the RPG world.

Yeah, those scores sure are no problem. Neither are the dwindling sales by each game
---
FF7 - 8.9
ff13 - 7.0 - Majority rules