can i just game over, then start new game plus?

#1mewmew42Posted 2/12/2014 8:04:01 AM
can i ignore the clock? - Results (53 votes)
yes just take your time even game over there is infinite NG+
56.6% (30 votes)
no play properly on easy then go NG+
43.4% (23 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This will be my 1st ever FF

Saw the reviews with average 7/10 score

Don't care will still get it later this week

Seems like all i need to do is switch right outfit and attack/block.combat seems more real time and something i could enjoy

Since if i don't do much and mess around world will end, can i just keep mucking around and play multiple ng+

Just feel like totally ignoring the clock and have fun at normal difficulty
#2LivingHitokiriPosted 2/12/2014 8:05:43 AM
Take your time and enjoy the game, you should never try to go for completion ,especially if you're unfamiliar with these type of games .
#3SockNightPosted 2/12/2014 8:06:16 AM
If you wanna explore more play on easy, you can freeze the clock more often.
#4mewmew42(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 1:56:56 AM
Yeah got my copy

As long as it can last me until dark souls 2 I'm content
#5dawnbombPosted 2/13/2014 2:53:15 AM
lol, what a biased poll

home come there is no 'play on normal then hard like your intended to do' option?

and yes, the makers did say that in a interview

hella biased poll is hella biased
#6sadiq2010Posted 2/15/2014 12:14:44 AM
yes you can.
#7OldKyePosted 2/15/2014 12:18:59 AM
dawnbomb posted...
lol, what a biased poll

home come there is no 'play on normal then hard like your intended to do' option?

and yes, the makers did say that in a interview

hella biased poll is hella biased

However after spending hours going though the mechanics the game treats you like your playing easy on normal drops are the same everything.

Biggest way to see this is battle score easy has a multiplier of 1 normal has a multiplier of 1 and Hard has a multiplier of 3.

Basically they never really put in a difficulty between easy and hard as far as the game cares it's easy with hp regen after battle and easy without hp regen after battle then hard mode.

So what your really saying is you prefer to play easy without hp regen for more of a challenge which is respectable but it's still the same mode otherwise lol.
#8JukainPosted 2/15/2014 12:26:29 AM
Normal enemies also have higher stats (Base 1.0 stats, enemies on Easy have 0.8 stats) and slightly better drops.

And EP doesn't drop nearly as much on Normal as it does on Easy, and some EP skills are cheaper on Easy.

And you're not penalized an hour for escaping on Easy... really, Easy is just too easy.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#9OldKyePosted 2/15/2014 12:27:42 AM
Jukain posted...
Normal enemies also have higher stats (Base 1.0 stats, enemies on Easy have 0.8 stats) and slightly better drops.

And EP doesn't drop nearly as much on Normal as it does on Easy, and some EP skills are cheaper on Easy.

And you're not penalized an hour for escaping on Easy... really, Easy is just too easy.

No better drops that's a myth easy is the same drops as normal only hard changes it I read it like 8 times lol.
#10OldKyePosted 2/15/2014 12:30:58 AM
But like I said normal is easy with things turned off to make it harder even your score is rated like your playing on easy so it's basically a handicap all around.

So if you want more challenge then yes normal is for you but if your going to self impose limits why not just do things like not use chronostasis or only carry 3 potions?

What's the point of telling people "it's not a real play through unless you only use 3 potions at any time."

That's what saying it's only right to play normal means lol.