Difficulty ranking amongst other FFs?

#1Leon FanPosted 2/12/2014 10:36:17 AM
Where do you guys rank the difficulty of XIII-3 among other FFs? I have them all and I personally feel X-2 and XIII-2 are the easiest by far. Just began this game so I dont have an opinion on it. Ranking just on difficulty alone
---
PSN: rtomblin Fav Ser: Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid
Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry, Onimusha, Half Life, God Of War, Dead Space, Dino Crisis
#2Mech_BattalionPosted 2/12/2014 10:48:11 AM
FF1 and FF2 are by far the easiest in the series(Even without doing the Inf XP glitch in 2)

Most of the 2D games are actually very easy and are beaten in about 20 hours. The hardest being FF6 of the 2D games.

FF7 was quite easy as well, 8 was a bit tougher and 9 was probably the hardest due to its final boss.

X was the perfect difficulty, X-2 was child's play and 12 demonic unless you went through 100 hours of boring grinding.

13 was pretty easy, XIII-2 was easier and Lightning Returns is the easiest once you understand the time constraints and all that good stuff.
#3Leon Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 10:50:31 AM
I actually have never played 1-5 even though i have them. I cant seem to beat final bosses for some reason. In 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 i couldnt beat final boss. Loved 6 but lost interest and didnt finish it or get to Kefka lol with my track record
---
PSN: rtomblin Fav Ser: Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid
Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry, Onimusha, Half Life, God Of War, Dead Space, Dino Crisis
#4Mech_BattalionPosted 2/13/2014 8:33:22 AM
Do you ever play with multiple save slots?

I used to have a hard to beating RPG's because I would only use one save point. Then when Legend of Legaia came out and I was stuck on the Minotaur boss I gave up.

I was given the advice that RPG's allow you to save in at least 4 slots. They are there for a reason, besides one being for each person in the family to use as their own.

If you save in a different spot after every 2-3 hours of gameplay, you will be able to beat any boss you are having problems with. Just load up a previous save and use it to grind up your characters more, or search for items you may have missed. Once you know how tough a boss really is, you know what level you really should be to fight him, as well as what types of healing items to bring (antidotes, anti-paralysis etc)
#5GodSlayer66Posted 2/14/2014 5:43:56 AM
Mech_Battalion posted...
FF1 and FF2 are by far the easiest in the series(Even without doing the Inf XP glitch in 2)

Most of the 2D games are actually very easy and are beaten in about 20 hours. The hardest being FF6 of the 2D games.

FF7 was quite easy as well, 8 was a bit tougher and 9 was probably the hardest due to its final boss.

X was the perfect difficulty, X-2 was child's play and 12 demonic unless you went through 100 hours of boring grinding.

13 was pretty easy, XIII-2 was easier and Lightning Returns is the easiest once you understand the time constraints and all that good stuff.

I Couldn't Disagree more with some of those. At least I agree with FF6 and X-2.
FF1 FF2 were tougher than the 3D ones

FF7 was the only one that required a bit of grinding to make the game easy the other ones were easy with just normal story progression and very minimal sidequesting + grinding. FF8 Junction system + infinite yellow health limit breaks allow you to roflstomp trough the entire game, it's just ridiculous. And you can beat that game with hardly using the junction system at all without too much trouble. Necron was just one boss and not too difficult if you went to the last boss fight prepared for him.

X was way too easy. Every character besides Khimari had a specific role in the party and if you used them to fulfill that role you never had a problem and leveled up evenly The game never really provided a challenge. Penacea was the only real challenge that the game had to offer and even then when you get the strategy down you win almost every time..
#6InninXIPosted 2/14/2014 6:47:10 AM
My difficulty list hardest to easiest. Story wise

XIII (Hard to play because of how boring it was).

-

III-JP/DS (The grinding just to progress in the story is insane)
IX (Necron sans ribbons oh my)
X(Eerae, Seymour+anima, Flux, Yunlesca, BFA...)
VI
XII
VII
VI
V
I
II
VIII
XIII-2 (Harder than X-2 because of Caius at the end).
X-2
---
PSN: YoninXI 3DS FC:1161-1061-8447
Forever Fat Princess