Did you complete FFXIII? If not why?

#1InninXIPosted 2/14/2014 6:55:27 AM
Did you? - Results (1050 votes)
Yes.
67.43% (708 votes)
No.
32.57% (342 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I got to the final dungeon and quit. I kept thinking "Maybe it will get better, maybe get better..! Nah i'm bored"
---
PSN: YoninXI 3DS FC:1161-1061-8447
Forever Fat Princess
#2kewldude475Posted 2/14/2014 7:03:40 AM
Yep. I had to quit and come back to it almost 2 years later though. I then realized it's actually not a bad game. And the final dungeon should only take you maybe an hour and a half.
---
http://i.imgur.com/415vgiZ.gif
#3BigAl519Posted 2/14/2014 7:12:24 AM
Got to chapter 12 I think, just couldn't stand it anymore. Was such a horrible game... Enjoyed XIII-2 for the most part though. Still couldn't get past the really bad combat system. It made me enjoy it less unfortunately.
---
Everyone run for cover! The durpocalypse has begun!
#4belzykPosted 2/14/2014 7:15:13 AM
Yes i did though the gameplay isnt.the.best and their fight styles wierd the story for 13 and 13-2 were amazing
#5Cloud8690Posted 2/14/2014 7:16:10 AM
I beat it 3 times, XIII-2 twice, and working on LR now. Will probably beat this one several times as well due to NG+.
---
Current Game: Call of Duty: Ghosts
XBL Gamertag: Tidus8690
#6AthelweissPosted 2/14/2014 7:18:54 AM
InninXI posted...
I got to the final dungeon and quit. I kept thinking "Maybe it will get better, maybe get better..! Nah i'm bored"
Why would you quit after you get to the final dungeon? xD

I finished it.
#7InninXI(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 7:30:41 AM
Athelweiss posted...
InninXI posted...
Why would you quit after you get to the final dungeon? xD

I finished it.

I was mentally exhausted by that point
---
PSN: YoninXI 3DS FC:1161-1061-8447 GT: Andr0idXI
Forever Fat Princess
#8Anielle25Posted 2/14/2014 7:32:34 AM
I did complete it twice from start, but havent fully platinum it.
#9King_Shortt_IXPosted 2/14/2014 7:33:13 AM
I did despite the game's best effort to demotivate me with a poor story and poor characters.
---
Adult collectible. This is not a toy.
#10AngelPeachPosted 2/14/2014 7:48:36 AM
Yeah, I have, and I don't think the series is that bad. I'm not sure about Lightning Returns because I'm terrible in full game time limits for some reason. But the other games are not that bad.

Sure the battle style is different, but what's wrong with it? You don't have to let the game auto for you, you know? You can pick out your moves yourself if you want to. And sometimes, that is for the best as the game won't necessarily give you what you want. The battle style in the first two games is fine. Not the best mind you, but certainly not the worst I've seen.

I know the story is hit or miss for some people, but to me, I found it really enjoyable. I know I'm not the only one who noticed all of the characters developing as the story progressed. And I love a lot of the things characters say in a battle. Especially Sazh. My family and I love to repeat some of his lines in a Paradigm Shift. The story isn't perfect, but it is enjoyable in my eyes.

Admittedly, the one part I can understand the criticism for is that it is linear. And it is really. You have no room to explore most areas, you are forced to be in these areas and you can't backtrack, at least in XIII anyway. In XIII-2, you can go back to earlier areas if you want, and you want to do this if you are aiming for 100%.

While I do understand, I have to respectfully disagree. Yeah, it is linear, but I can think of other games, even in other genres, that are linear and I still love them. I know this may sound strange, but to me, I don't care whether or not I can explore around while trying to go from point A to point B. The important thing is having fun.

I'm not saying these games are for everyone, but I do think they get hated a little too much just for being really different when compared to most Final Fantasy titles.