Is this the worst written rpg series you've ever played?

#101randomoafPosted 2/17/2014 10:09:25 PM
Valcrist_Mk2 posted...
Is the combat in Graces better than Xillia? If it is, I don't see the point of getting it.

Combat in Graces is better than Xillia and so is the customization but I liked the team combos better in Xillia. The story and characters in Graces blows chunks but at least the game is meaty compared to Xillia.
#102Pirate_DuckPosted 2/17/2014 10:23:30 PM
For it's budget and prestige, I think it is the worst written videogame series.

I'm sure I've played RPGs with worse stories, and definitely have with worse characters (Star Ocean 4).
---
Dayman! aaaAAAaaa Fighter of the Nightman! aaaAAAaaa Champion of the Sun! aaaAAAaaa His a master of karate and friendship for everyone!
#103fingwe1Posted 2/17/2014 10:32:45 PM
zelda 2 ? I mean who can understand what is going on in that game?
#104fingwe1Posted 2/17/2014 10:34:26 PM
randomoaf posted...
Valcrist_Mk2 posted...
Is the combat in Graces better than Xillia? If it is, I don't see the point of getting it.

Combat in Graces is better than Xillia and so is the customization but I liked the team combos better in Xillia. The story and characters in Graces blows chunks but at least the game is meaty compared to Xillia.

come on! Xillia cross combos are nice only if you play as Jude or Millia. The other characters are so underdevellopped that Xillia is a shame to all Tales of games. Even Phantasia had better characterization
#105Neutron15Posted 2/17/2014 10:41:48 PM
not the worst but its great
---
I WISH AGNI'S PHILOSOPHY BECOMES FINAL FANTASY XVI
#106TriangleHardPosted 2/17/2014 10:41:59 PM
Zetathekitsune2 posted...
If you think of lightning as "bland" I honestly wonder your ability to comprehend writing of stoic characters or anything that isnt a giant trope fest.

Baach was stoic
Freya was stoic
Tseng was stoic
Leo was stoic

Lightning was just dull
#107jinhaoyu122Posted 2/17/2014 10:42:18 PM
Tales of Grace was. The story was just so...I couldn't even finish the game.
#108randomoafPosted 2/17/2014 10:43:05 PM
fingwe1 posted...

come on! Xillia cross combos are nice only if you play as Jude or Millia.

I used most characters and I never failed to do long team combos. It just depends on how well planned your setup is.
The other characters are so underdevellopped that Xillia is a shame to all Tales of games. Even Phantasia had better characterization
Okay are you talking about the story or the gameplay?
#109TriangleHardPosted 2/17/2014 10:44:27 PM
TriangleHard posted...
Zetathekitsune2 posted...
If you think of lightning as "bland" I honestly wonder your ability to comprehend writing of stoic characters or anything that isnt a giant trope fest.

Baach was stoic
Freya was stoic
Tseng was stoic
Leo was stoic

Lightning was just dull

One more thing.

Lightning is classic Tsudere trope.
#110Milla_MaxwellPosted 2/19/2014 12:02:47 AM
Valcrist_Mk2 posted...
SugarFlakes posted...
TrippyPBA posted...
Valcrist_Mk2 posted...
Definitely.

I played Tales games with better characters than XIII.

Ohhhhhhh man , now that's just COLD. May be one of the biggest shots at this series I've ever heard
Pssh. Please. I can top that.

Star Ocean 4's cheesy plot? Yeah you know the one right? I liked it more than XIII"s plot sagas combined.

Oh yeah. I went there.

I don't think you played a Tales game before. They are horrible.

I really doubt you've played one, considering that they've been consistently better than Final Fantasy games from the PS2 Gen onward.

Hell, Lightning Returns is the only main series Final Fantasy game so far that can hold a candle to them purely because it dropped the slow ass gameplay that the series had for the longest time.
---
People who want Havic101 to re-accept my friend request on GameFAQs: 10