What was the best 13 series entry overall?

#41DarkefkaPosted 2/17/2014 5:52:34 PM
I would've said XIII-2 if we played lightning and not Serah I never cared for a second about that character and now she becomes the main character of the game? no thank you... that and the fact that you couldn't really get 6 ATB segments (well you could but the best weapon didn,t have the +1 ATB segment you needed unlike FFXIII) and the fact that they removed Haste... they left slow, but removed haste, what the hell? Haste is a mandatory buff in XIII, yet is inexistent in XIII-2 the only means of getting it is either pre-emptive strike, auto-haste from equipment (both of wich seems to last for 10 sec) and some monsters feral link wich means it can't be spammed...

buffs in general felt clunky in XIII-2 I often had my SYN finished buffing me right before the first buff died where in XIII you could spend some time in a buffing paradigm then be okay for a good amount of time.

a third character is also always better then a monster, but the monster thing worked quite well and had depth and customization to it so it's not necessarily a bad thing. however I do miss the epicness of the summons, the ultimate moves (XIII-2s are a joke considering you can only use them once per fight) and the diversity of characters (especially Fang, GOD Fang was awesome) but everything else beside story was best in XIII-2, better endgame content, the world was not a think straight line, the puzzles were a nice touch etc, and Mog/Noel/Caius/Yeul were awesome.

LR has a stupid story right now (finished Luxerion and Yusnaa ATM) but it's lightning, amazing battle system, music and the customization level is through the roof, but it lacks a ''je ne sais quoi'' the whole thing seems clunky, and I hate that they removed the crystarium. also a plus in LR, Serah is dead... (god that character was awful)
---
Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories. Your fate is in your hands! Auron, FFX
#42Souji_MikagePosted 2/17/2014 6:06:36 PM
Darkefka posted...
I would've said XIII-2 if we played lightning and not Serah I never cared for a second about that character and now she becomes the main character of the game? no thank you... that and the fact that you couldn't really get 6 ATB segments (well you could but the best weapon didn,t have the +1 ATB segment you needed unlike FFXIII) and the fact that they removed Haste... they left slow, but removed haste, what the hell? Haste is a mandatory buff in XIII, yet is inexistent in XIII-2 the only means of getting it is either pre-emptive strike, auto-haste from equipment (both of wich seems to last for 10 sec) and some monsters feral link wich means it can't be spammed...

buffs in general felt clunky in XIII-2 I often had my SYN finished buffing me right before the first buff died where in XIII you could spend some time in a buffing paradigm then be okay for a good amount of time.

a third character is also always better then a monster, but the monster thing worked quite well and had depth and customization to it so it's not necessarily a bad thing. however I do miss the epicness of the summons, the ultimate moves (XIII-2s are a joke considering you can only use them once per fight) and the diversity of characters (especially Fang, GOD Fang was awesome) but everything else beside story was best in XIII-2, better endgame content, the world was not a think straight line, the puzzles were a nice touch etc, and Mog/Noel/Caius/Yeul were awesome.

LR has a stupid story right now (finished Luxerion and Yusnaa ATM) but it's lightning, amazing battle system, music and the customization level is through the roof, but it lacks a ''je ne sais quoi'' the whole thing seems clunky, and I hate that they removed the crystarium. also a plus in LR, Serah is dead... (god that character was awful)

I agree with almost everything you said, but why so much hate for Serah?
Me too, when I found out that lightning wasn't the MC I was a little disappointed, but soon enough I ended up liking Serah just as much as Lightning. In FFXIII she deosn't get a chance to shine, while in XIII-2 she really shows that she is Lightning's sister while also retaining her overall personality.
Also, fighting with a transforming moogle makes her look like some magical girl. Ain't she adorable?
Last but not least, how can you hate these?

http://imageshack.com/a/img822/3164/z8x.gif
#43SlayerOfBeastsPosted 2/17/2014 6:08:31 PM
Darkefka posted...
also a plus in LR, Serah is dead... (god that character was awful)

Vanille says hi