is this like final fantasy xii where..

#91OpheliaAdenadePosted 3/8/2014 5:14:11 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Parts of it are really good. Other parts not so much.

Even as someone who liked the other two, I still think I'd rather they use the good parts in a new IP.

Yea, I have to agree with this. I wish they'd taken the combat system and schema stuff and used it for a new game. The gameplay itself is a blast and it was easily my favorite part of the game, but it just feels wasted here. :/ I wanted more bosses to fight.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#92TiaelPosted 3/8/2014 5:53:29 PM
Iightningz posted...
Tiael posted...
Iightningz posted...
TheBatman91 posted...
crono12064 posted...
I like how TheBatman91 insults anyone who likes these games by calling them weaboos then in the same post cites metacritic to justify how terrible the FFXIII games are compared to past FFs, all the while being completely ignorant that an even more weaboo game Persona 4 Golden (though not a bad game) scored higher than the "golden age" era FFVII and FFVI.

And dammit Strider102 stop with that sound logical reasoning and start hijacking this topic with songs.

Okay so click on the boards of this game and look at the first page, I can see 3 topics about Lightning and nothing to do with anything about the game, just fans declaring there love for her, is that not weaboo in your books? and it isn't just today, that is how it's always been. Light is pretty much the only reason people like this game because they want to 'waifu' a game character like a bunch of basement dwelling, virgin losers.

So if I talk about what a great character Edward Kenway from Assassin's Creed 4 is, is it still 'weeaboo'? People are just expressing their love and enjoyment because they probably don't have any other place to talk about it, much like you expressing your distaste for this series. Also I don't have a basement, and I'm not a virgin. You generalize too much.

Edward Kenway is pretty great, ACIV was the game that came with my PS4 bundle and having a blast with it.
Though Ezio Auditore is definitely my favorite.

Should I feel bad for preferring Connor?

@TheBatman91
lol ok, I'm not denying I'm the guy with the most dirt on my hands, but I don't fall in the demographic you described.

Blaspheme.
---
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3052701/
Trails in the Sky SC - http://i.imgur.com/qT369Jv.gif
#93TheBatman91Posted 3/8/2014 6:07:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#94crono12064Posted 3/8/2014 7:13:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#95crono12064Posted 3/8/2014 7:33:06 PM
Wow. Another moderated message? Okay, now I feel really bad at this point. I probably shouldn't have mocked him with that CoD and GTA metacritic crap earlier. I deleted my rebuttal, since it's really pointless to continue this argument.
---
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Too much sanity may be madness and maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be.
#96tiornysPosted 3/8/2014 9:16:48 PM
Shihali posted...
Tiornys, looking at the linked review, wouldn't you agree that a key system being so unintuitive that most players can't or won't understand it properly is in and of itself a major failing of a game?

It's part of one, yes, with the other part being that too many people intuitively find their way into repetitive and boring strategies. If most people intuitively found their way to more interesting approaches, then even if they failed to recognize the greater strategic scope available, it wouldn't be a problem. This is FFXIII's greatest and most significant flaw, and almost no one ever talks about it.
---
http://etrosgate.com/
#97TheBatman91Posted 3/9/2014 5:25:46 AM
crono12064 posted...
Wow. Another moderated message? Okay, now I feel really bad at this point. I probably shouldn't have mocked him with that CoD and GTA metacritic crap earlier. I deleted my rebuttal, since it's really pointless to continue this argument.

It doesn't bother me lol I really wouldn't care if my account got banned I just come on here mainly to read the FAQs and only post once in a while.
---
I am the greatest and everything that I like is great, if you disagree with me on anything, you're wrong.
#98ShihaliPosted 3/9/2014 4:28:22 PM
tiornys posted...
Shihali posted...
Tiornys, looking at the linked review, wouldn't you agree that a key system being so unintuitive that most players can't or won't understand it properly is in and of itself a major failing of a game?

It's part of one, yes, with the other part being that too many people intuitively find their way into repetitive and boring strategies. If most people intuitively found their way to more interesting approaches, then even if they failed to recognize the greater strategic scope available, it wouldn't be a problem. This is FFXIII's greatest and most significant flaw, and almost no one ever talks about it.

No one talks about it because anyone experiencing it wouldn't identify a battle system with unintuitive potential to be interesting as such. They'd complain about the game playing itself or battles being dull.

Just wondering, how do you cope with the limit of six paradigms in the deck? The role system is more flexible than most FF games, at least before overleveling, but the six-paradigm limit takes most of that flexibility right back. It wouldn't hurt in most battles, but seems you'd have to limp through without being able to fine-tune your attack or risk disaster if anything unusual happens.