Let's flood the Turbo Ether market people!

#1Altrus02Posted 3/3/2014 9:35:43 AM
It's nice to see people selling really strong weapons or elixirs on Outerworld, but let's face facts. The only time you'll buy a million gil weapon on your first playthrough is if you save most of your money until the last day. And elixirs at around 360,000 aren't impulse purchases either unless you are drowning in cash on hard mode. So how about most of the first timers look for a turbo ether to buy, then attach it to their character for re-selling.

They are one of the most useful potions to carry around, and at a mere 5,600 gil they are absurdly cheap compared to everything else. For those of you who are merely dabbling with Outerworld, I remind you that attaching items to your character when you post DOES NOT LOSE YOU THE ITEM! So let's get more people walking around selling turbo ethers instead of empty suits with emptier pockets.
#2darksuzaku1Posted 3/3/2014 9:45:16 AM
Can agree with you except for Elixirs.

People want the elixir for the trophy. It's a purchase and reload just for the trophy. I always post mine along with a text like "Elixir here" to inform people.
#3Altrus02(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 10:07:00 AM
I might have seen you then. :) I certainly don't want the elixirs to disappear since I want to stock up on a lot when I play through on hard, but it would be nice if all the people walking around with nothing were carrying turbos instead. Right after my day 13 fight against Aeronite, I had no recovery items left and was just lucky enough to find two turbo ether npcs in time to go down to face Ereshkigal.
#4Plant42Posted 3/3/2014 10:09:34 AM
I got a turbo ether I will start posting screen caps with it.
#5Altrus02(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 12:08:14 AM
Cool people seen selling Turbo Ethers today:
KabukiHowl, DAPL4Life, Chocobo Joe, Moon, and Malboro Smooth

Elixir shoutouts:
Yunalesca43
#6Master25125Posted 3/4/2014 12:20:49 AM
I am sending Turbo Ethers every time I can make a pretty or cool screenshot of Lightning... so, a lot... xD
---
"Kweh, kweh."
Lightning, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
#7Y2JerichoPosted 3/4/2014 5:59:48 AM
Dumb question but, where do these NPC appear at when people are selling items?
#8Altrus02(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 6:08:44 AM
Y2Jericho posted...
Dumb question but, where do these NPC appear at when people are selling items?

Any unnamed npc can become an Outerworld npc if you are running around with your connection enabled. If you want to find some, just find a spot with large crowds of npcs loitering around. I favor the Auger's Quarter in the afternoon myself. You can run in a circle around the area through the same npc mobs again and again and several Outerworld npcs will trigger.
#9Altrus02(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 7:54:48 AM
Cool people seen selling Turbo Ethers today:
KabukiHowl (again), AmandaKay, strippedpink, and Naxster

Elixir shoutouts:
Malduke, Magnus Burnouf, PeaceB, and JChow

Normal Ether honorable mentions:
Ekureeru

Number of Totally Uncool people seen with empty pockets:

Shame on you uncool people. Shame on you.
#10densetsu_xPosted 3/5/2014 8:10:23 AM
Well, mine are a bit of pot luck since the first few I submitted were empty (didn't really have anything worthwhile), but since then I've done submissions with Elixers, Ethers, Turbo Ethers, and Bladed Lances. So who knows what might show up next. Might put Gagnrad up there too since you can otherwise only get one.