So let me get this whole thing straight (Ending spoilers)

#1ExtremeLightPosted 3/20/2014 10:29:55 PM(edited)
So I finally decided to grind like 5 hours to finish the game (so I can finally focus on FFX).

And I gotta say, I ain't just been Toriyama'd. I been Dragonball'd, Star Trek'd, Naruto'd, Kingdom Hearts'd, b**** slap'd, Earth'd, and whatever BS'd there are out there.

First thing:
I love the ending. I was expecting it to be worst than all three especially when some of the fans were disliking it. Hell I really should listen to any people when they're talking about the game positively and negatively. That's not to say I found the ending perfect. It left me a little perplexed to be honest.

The thing I don't like:
Hope. I didn't mind in the game but like I think they could had done the whole god thing without him. This is more personal. I don't like the whole creepy I'm God and I'm Hope thing or similar elements in any literature. However it was interesting to see how it end up coming into play as Lightning freed Hope from God and I'm just like: https://31.media.tumblr.com/edc5ee7aa812ba26e8d2cb07a93dae5d/tumblr_inline_n28yt1hHYV1r8swf1.gif

Battle against God:
Basically they just Dragonball'd God. Spirit Bomb Sword. Lightning's Kamehameha. Hell I almost began to think the otherToriyama wrote this part of the ending.
But like, I just love how the entire main cast came back and worked together to defeat God. Hell seriously the whole thing was like a Dragonball Z/GT moment. I love the departure of the Eidolons and I felt like maybe Mog was actually Serah's Eidolon (if you think about it he can transform :P).

"Earth":
I did not expect this... and I'm still trying to comprehend this. I figured it out when I saw Mars and the Moon (my reaction: http://24.media.tumblr.com/5f78005093f23da40060554f3971e7dc/tumblr_ml484gVPjx1r0lxmlo1_500.gif )
My mind instantly jumped to FFXV because it is after all "A fantasy based on reality." However I then saw the secret ending. And this is my interpretation (I seem to recall an article saying the ending is left up to speculation anyway so fair game):

1.) Their new world is Earth. Don't try to tell me that's not Earth. That's f****** Earth. And everyone is living an ordinary life. The End.

2.) Lightning is meeting someone... Claiming that they will meet soon. Obviously she's meeting Toriyama I think it's seriously hinting at something. There is no reason for that random statement. It was left open-ended. There was an article that say that the Lightning Saga may be over with but Lightning isn't done with... This is going to sound crazy but I believe that they're are planning some type of FNC compilation game potentially combining FF13, Type-0 and FFXV. Nomura is actually working with Tabata (Director of Type-0) on XV. Nomura had worked with Toriyama on his saga. I believe they talked about it and are planning an even bigger game that may not be part of the mainline or may be part of the "Versus Epic" (which already have planned sequels).

3.) Note that the universe disappeared at one moment. Basically Big Bang happened and Claire and friends traveled billions of years into the future.

Last Thoughts:
-Toriyama's interpretation of the mythos? He basically destroy it.
-All hail Caius and Yeuls, God and Goddesses of Chaos and Death.
-The ending was the biggest BS I ever thing. Usually the Assassin's Creed series claim this title lmao.
---
In this dying world, nothing is more precious than time. Why do you waste it on me? Does my victory still sting? Do you seek vindication?"
#2ajmrowland1Posted 3/21/2014 12:50:44 AM
1. I never felt the endings in AC were BS as they are very built up and and are not that hard to rationalize until a contradiction arises.

2. I honestly have a hard time believing they were fully reborn from infancy. I dont know why. I love it that it makes everything feel more realistic, but on the other hand, it's easier to believe that their earth is a parallel one like ours but not quite ours. Linking it too much to our world just opens holes later on, and people who see them post them online. Even saying they weren't reraised from infancy and that the secret ending is "one year later" just feels less flawed.

3. I believe she was going to meet Serah. Not for the first time obviously, and I don't really know for what reason. but when she looks toward the sky, there's a jet trail, and I can imagine Snow and a pregnant Serah in the plane as it's getting ready to land. And in fact, that would be all the ending I needed. Just showing that life continues. A wrap up. I don't need to see Sazh and Dajh and Noel and Yeul to believe they're happy, nice as it would be(convenient too, if they were randomly reborn at the same time).

Easier to swallow than Lightning meeting Toriyama.
#3IightningzPosted 3/21/2014 1:02:13 AM(edited)
No. Etro is alive and cursing people in XV, and Etro is dead in XIII. Stop trying to connect them please.

That statement was Hope's words to her when he brought her to re-unite with the rest of the cast. That is the significance, it is not 'no reason'.

"We could hear you, Light. Let's go. We'll be together."

Lightning always was a lone ranger, and she was afraid of being alone at the ending, and now that she has accepted Claire and her wanting to be 'together' is the significance of her being Claire. The question you should ask is not whom she is meeting, but why did she say it.

Another significant part of this is that a lot of emphasis seems to be placed on the exchange of words between Hope and Lightning, such as "Watch the rear.", "Keep eyes front.", "Some things in life you just do". etc. Lightning seems to be worried that Hope doesn't acknowledge when she said "Keep eyes front." He does acknowledge it the day before he disappears, and this is merely another instance of mimicry.

You can hypothetically assume the 'who' refers to Serah(who she's been fighting to be together with all this while, but never able to), Hope(word exchange significance) or the whole cast generally. So if you're serious about the Toriyama s***, stop it.

And the endings in AC all had excellent buildup, foreshadowing and congruency.
---
Lightning Collection: http://imgur.com/a/ibrsD#0
Tumblr: http://raitningz.tumblr.com/
#4ExtremeLight(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 9:12:53 AM
I wasn't serious about Toriyama. That's why I spoiler it.
There were several endings in AC that came out of nowhere. Like Lucy dying and killing off Desmond. That why I felt it was BS.

I didn't really think she was meeting Serah or whoever so thanks for the perspective. Though I really wanted some type of FNC cameo game :( Oh well. Thanks guys.
---
In this dying world, nothing is more precious than time. Why do you waste it on me? Does my victory still sting? Do you seek vindication?"
#5Chaos-StrikerPosted 3/21/2014 9:50:25 AM
Iightningz posted...
No. Etro is alive and cursing people in XV, and Etro is dead in XIII. Stop trying to connect them, please.

I don't think it can be helped...As I understand it, they share the mythos but are different worlds. By worlds I mean on whatever scale separates Fantasy from Fantasy. XIII, XV, and Type-0 are all just as different as IV, VII, and X, but they still have one relation: FNC. Specifically, the gods. And since the XIII series has proved these gods' existence, I can't help but suspect they have the same roles or at least are the same gods spoken of in the other FNC games. There shouldn't be two Etros, for example...should there? Maybe two different interpretations of the Goddess, but not two Goddesses.

I don't know Type-0 and I don't plan to until someone wises up and translates or localizes it (s/he would be a saint for that), but for XV I expect that the death of Etro has to be felt in SOME way, no matter how small. XV's world doesn't have to become Nova Chrysalia or share it's reality with another Unseen Realm or anything like that, just feel a specter or splinter of events in XIII series.

Either that or XV just happened before XIII-2

That's just the logic (game logic, mind you) I see between FNC games...It's iffy at best, I know but I'm open to it being cleared up for me.
---
~A different breed of gamer
#6gacs64Posted 3/21/2014 9:54:14 AM(edited)
I guess that Lightning wasn't talking about someone specific in the game, but she was talking to us players. She said "i'm sure we will meet again", so it have to be us, that's my opinion.
---
The Judgement Day is near...
#7ExtremeLight(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 9:57:05 AM
gacs64 posted...
I guess that Lightning wasn't talking about someone specific in the game, but she was talking to us players. She said "i'm sure we will meet again", so it have to be us, that's my opinion.

That's definitely another way to look at it! Some type of "we'll meet again" for the fan. Obviously her role in KH3 and Dissidia is incoming.
---
#8Chaos-StrikerPosted 3/21/2014 10:03:06 AM
ExtremeLight posted...
gacs64 posted...

That's definitely another way to look at it! Some type of "we'll meet again" for the fan. Obviously her role in KH3 and Dissidia is incoming.

Like I always say, the lack of Lightning in SE's production minds will more than rocket-propel the decision to create of a new Dissidia...Sooner than we think, I believe.
---
~A different breed of gamer
#9IightningzPosted 3/21/2014 10:15:22 AM(edited)
ExtremeLight posted...
I wasn't serious about Toriyama. That's why I spoiler it.
There were several endings in AC that came out of nowhere. Like Lucy dying and killing off Desmond. That why I felt it was BS.

I didn't really think she was meeting Serah or whoever so thanks for the perspective. Though I really wanted some type of FNC cameo game :( Oh well. Thanks guys.

Why wouldn't it be Serah? I don't get it. There's a letter on her briefcase, which may very well be a wedding invitation of sorts.

I don't see why people would think she was talking to the player. In the Ultimania, several versions of the ending were planned: One which involved Sazh on the train with her going to meet her friends, just like how XIII started, and another one where she talks to her friends(the cast) through video conferencing on a smartphone.

"But since the story started with Lightning, it should end with Lightning." - Toriyama. Which is why she ended up talking alone. One can't confirm it, but based on hypothesis on the alternate endings, she certain didn't mean the player.

It's got to do with the "We'll be together" by Hope, I'm dead sure of it.

Actually that Lucy part did feel a bit forced, but I'm thinking only because Kristen Bell wanted out of the VA job. I'm not sure though. They had to find some way to be rid of Lucy. And it helps that they compensated with documents that foreshadowed her intended betrayal in later games.
---
Lightning Collection: http://imgur.com/a/ibrsD#0
Tumblr: http://raitningz.tumblr.com/
#10Lexandra1Posted 3/21/2014 10:16:13 AM
gacs64 posted...

Yep, this. :) Remember her last narrating words (in the proper ending)?
... before YOU were born!
She means the player specifically.
The new world has to be planet Earth, no question about it. Maybe even a parallel one, but Earth for sure.
---
I'm not allowed to talk to ya, all i can say, that I'm not allowed to talk to ya.