"Lightning Story Is Truly Over, But She May Be A Guest In A Future FF"

#21Strider102Posted 4/30/2014 10:10:55 PM
Kooler2006 posted...
Billysan posted...
Gaming_Esquire posted...
Billysan posted...
Maybe a giant Lightning you can summon in FFXV...

You might be joking but that's actually an interesting idea.

Giant Sexy Arm Pits is always a good idea.

What the hell is with you weirdos and armpits....jebus!

We could talk about her...cleft.
---
Strider is something of a god of equine necro-brutality. -Master ZED
#22Gaming_EsquirePosted 4/30/2014 10:17:00 PM
Kooler2006 posted...
Billysan posted...
Gaming_Esquire posted...
Billysan posted...
Maybe a giant Lightning you can summon in FFXV...

You might be joking but that's actually an interesting idea.

Giant Sexy Arm Pits is always a good idea.

What the hell is with you weirdos and armpits....jebus!

---
Dragon Ninja Dinosaur Wizard
#23hijokaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2014 1:28:21 AM(edited)
CatMuto posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...
Why does SE insist on milking a dead cow?

I dunno, why did they milk VII so long? Or trying to milk X/X-2 right now?

And I'm quite happy about this. I don't think it's weird to have a "guest appearance" of her.
We've technically had it before. That Aeris girl in Tactics that looks like Aerith.
The Faris and Lock outfits in LR.
Heck, OTHER games do the same thing, it's not that big of a deal.

C-A

Its simple, Lightning is the best female main character of video games.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#24CatMutoPosted 5/1/2014 1:51:08 AM
hijokaiden posted...

Mh... she's my Number one Female FF character for me, yes. Closely followed by Aerith.
Technically they share the number one spot since they're both voiced by Sakamoto Maaya.
But still. I wouldn't call her the best female main character of all videogames.

C-A
---
Family Humor: It's an acquired taste.
#25hijokaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2014 2:14:19 AM
CatMuto posted...
hijokaiden posted...

Mh... she's my Number one Female FF character for me, yes. Closely followed by Aerith.
Technically they share the number one spot since they're both voiced by Sakamoto Maaya.
But still. I wouldn't call her the best female main character of all videogames.

C-A

Okay, then what other female main character is better than Lightning?
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#26IightningzPosted 5/1/2014 2:46:10 AM
hijokaiden posted...
CatMuto posted...
hijokaiden posted...

C-A

Statistically, I think Lara Croft and Chun-Li are more of an icon of females in video games.
---
Lightning Collection: http://imgur.com/a/ibrsD#0
Tumblr: http://raitningz.tumblr.com/
#27hijokaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2014 3:23:30 AM
Iightningz posted...
hijokaiden posted...
CatMuto posted...
hijokaiden posted...

C-A

Statistically, I think Lara Croft and Chun-Li are more of an icon of females in video games.

Who cares about "icons", Lara Croft is a character from a western game company, so obviously her personality is about as bland as Marcus Fenix, Chun-Li is not a main character she is a character in a fighting game serie. This is about best female main character of video games, there is Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII trilogy (except XIII-2 her sister Serah was the main character in this one.) Otherwise no one else gets close to that, well there is alot of female main characters in survival horrors, Jill Valentine from Resident Evil series, Jennifer from Rule of Rose, Heater Mason from Silent Hill 3, Alyssa Hamilton from Clock Tower 3, Fiona Belli from Haunting Ground etc.
---
#28IightningzPosted 5/1/2014 3:47:10 AM(edited)
hijokaiden posted...
Iightningz posted...
hijokaiden posted...
CatMuto posted...
hijokaiden posted...

C-A

Who cares about "icons", Lara Croft is a character from a western game company, so obviously her personality is about as bland as Marcus Fenix, Chun-Li is not a main character she is a character in a fighting game serie. This is about best female main character of video games, there is Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII trilogy (except XIII-2 her sister Serah was the main character in this one.) Otherwise no one else gets close to that, well there is alot of female main characters in survival horrors, Jill Valentine from Resident Evil series, Jennifer from Rule of Rose, Heater Mason from Silent Hill 3, Alyssa Hamilton from Clock Tower 3, Fiona Belli from Haunting Ground etc.

Why can't western game developers make interesting characters? That's just being biased. Lara is a strong woman.

There's a lot of other heroines people like - You could say Jill, for one, like you pointed out, but I've never played RE ever. There's also Samus Aran, you have Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite, Aveline from Assassin's Creed. Faith from Mirror's Edge is pretty popular too. You also have Alice from the Alice in Wonderland series of games. Let's look at eastern-made games: You have other female characters like Terra, Yuna, Zero and whatever comes from other JRPGs(I don't really like JRPGs generally, so I don't know). Heck, let's not say even a woman, a girl - Ellie from the Last of Us. She's feisty and a pretty solid character all around.

They're all interesting in their own ways and have unique quirks and fantastic designs. Trying to define a "best" in an age of relative postmodernity is impossible if going by qualitative standards, hence if you are not willing to accept a statistical best based on popularity, there is no best.

There's no best colour, for example.

When you talk about best, it begs to ask this question: What is it's function, what makes it excel at it? There's no universal ground which you can compare characters(generally people) by, which is why you can make statements like "John is better than Harry at Maths", but you can't make any statements like "John is better than Harry." There's just no measurable quality, hence statements like "______ is the best character." statements are extremely flawed. Popularity contests are often run under the pretext of "best character" - which means it's voted by users. Votes make up statistics. So if you ignore statistics, then there is no poll, which means there is no best.

So what is the function of an <variable> character you measure 'best' by?
---
Lightning Collection: http://imgur.com/a/ibrsD#0
Tumblr: http://raitningz.tumblr.com/
#29King_Shortt_IXPosted 5/1/2014 5:13:49 AM
Its simple, Lightning is the worst female main character of video games.

Fixed.
---
Adult collectible. This is not a toy.
#30CatMutoPosted 5/1/2014 6:01:51 AM
King_Shortt_IX posted...
Its simple, Lightning is the worst female main character of video games.

Fixed.

Kindly go away from a forum of a game series you hate and go to one where you can cream your pants all over something that isn't even out yet.

C-A
---
Family Humor: It's an acquired taste.