Which FFXIII final boss would you consider the most brutal (obviously spoilers!)

#1haarlem1982Posted 4/30/2014 1:04:26 PM
Well? - Results (95 votes)
Orphan
13.68% (13 votes)
Caius
26.32% (25 votes)
Bhunivelze
60% (57 votes)
This poll is now closed.
80/80

For me, it was Caius, obviously, Caius' and Bhuni's difficulty is largely dependant on how much you got sidetracked, but in LR it's kind of hard not to complete most of the side stuff before time runs out, so yeah.

Anyway, when I fought Caius, I had around 80 Fragments, which made for a fun challenge where some strategy was still needed.

Orphan and Bhuni however, I was able to just bum rush, although I'll admit it took some getting used to guarding against Bhuni's lance swipes.
---
You need people like me so you can point your f***ing fingers, and say: that's the bad guy.
psn demonchild82, MILFeaterManfred, ScrubbyMcCasul
#2Extreme_lightPosted 4/30/2014 1:10:52 PM
In the whole series? Caius but only because you had to fight him so many frickin time. Bhuny only have one form that's a true challenge and Orphan is a joke, Bart was much harder than him.
---
Pretty hurts, shine the light on whatever's worse. Perfection is a disease of a nation.
This is just in! Blitzball > FFXIII (Tally: 3)
#3CatMutoPosted 4/30/2014 1:28:27 PM(edited)
Extreme_light posted...
In the whole series? Caius but only because you had to fight him so many frickin time.

This. Also, he's obviously "powered" JUST so that he seems more awesome and powerful to us.
When all he is is an unbalanced little jerk that the developers thought was overly cool.
"Ooooh lookie at me, you gotta fight me EIGHT TIMES, gettin' sick of me yet~?"
Yes I am!

C-A
---
Family Humor: It's an acquired taste.
#4tam4g0Posted 4/30/2014 2:35:00 PM
Bhuni > Orphan > Caius for me
#5TrueTrinityPosted 4/30/2014 2:45:07 PM
Well, which bhuni do you consider the true bhuni? The normal one or the + version? I honeslty never had issues with Caius with the exception of that SUPERHYPERMEGAFLARE when all three bahamuts happen to be alive. I only let the happen once but made me take 2 days off from the game...
#6Extreme_lightPosted 4/30/2014 2:46:25 PM
CatMuto posted...
Extreme_light posted...
In the whole series? Caius but only because you had to fight him so many frickin time.

This. Also, he's obviously "powered" JUST so that he seems more awesome and powerful to us.
When all he is is an unbalanced little jerk that the developers thought was overly cool.
Yes I am!

C-A

Haha I like Cauis but it was pretty darn annoying when you got his HP to 0 and then "Caius used Full Restore."
---
Pretty hurts, shine the light on whatever's worse. Perfection is a disease of a nation.
This is just in! Blitzball > FFXIII (Tally: 3)
#7FallenBluePosted 4/30/2014 2:52:28 PM
I gotta say Bhuni. Just because on your first playthrough, even if you've done absolutely everything, he still presents something of a challenge.

In the cases of Caius and the other, if you had power-leveled, you reduced them to little more than footnotes. (You can power-level in LR, but not in the first playthrough)
#8Gaming_EsquirePosted 4/30/2014 3:18:55 PM
Cid.
---
Dragon Ninja Dinosaur Wizard
#9Angel-de-LysPosted 4/30/2014 4:46:46 PM
Bhunivelze by far for me. He was pretty challenging, particularily the final form.

Orphan wasn't too bad and I had a really easy time against Caius.
#10HarumaPosted 4/30/2014 4:59:23 PM
CatMuto posted...
Extreme_light posted...

Yes I am!

C-A
It seems that you think your opinion = fact :/
I've seen people genuinely express around here that Caius is cool. You don't have to like him, but... D: