Having trouble with the timeline, should I get my chocobo to glide on day 3?

#1needsadvicePosted 4/30/2014 5:56:33 PM
I FINALLY have the hang of this game and the timeline and how to use EP and the way the side quests work. I was overwhelmed initially.

I am using the official guide for this game and honestly have found it quite overwhelming.
I wasted a lot of time just running around the first two days.

I am still on the ark waiting to start day 3, and amongst other side quests I failed to make my chocobo glide by now.

Should I continue on with what the guide is telling me, or just go ahead and figure out my chocobo? From my understanding there will be additional days earned...

And if I run out of time I start over with everything still completed, is this right?
So can I really go at the side quests in any order I like?

The main quests still are a bit troublesome. Haven't completed more than a couple of course, but just barely completed day 2 the way I should have. I just know where I need to be by the end of day 3, which I am about to begin this day.

I know there's a lot going on in this game and I've really struggled with the concept for some reason, so I hope my message is not too vague as to where I'm at. I've only just gotten the hang of some of it.

I appreciate the advice on how to proceed from here on. Thanks!
#2Combat_ClinicPosted 4/30/2014 6:00:41 PM
needsadvice posted...
I FINALLY have the hang of this game and the timeline and how to use EP and the way the side quests work. I was overwhelmed initially.

I am using the official guide for this game and honestly have found it quite overwhelming.

I am still on the ark waiting to start day 3, and amongst other side quests I failed to make my chocobo glide by now.

Should I continue on with what the guide is telling me, or just go ahead and figure out my chocobo? From my understanding there will be additional days earned...

And if I run out of time I start over with everything still completed, is this right?

The main quests still are a bit troublesome. Haven't completed more than a couple of course, but just barely completed day 2 the way I should have. I just know where I need to be by the end of day 3, which I am about to begin this day.

I know there's a lot going on in this game and I've really struggled with the concept for some reason, so I hope my message is not too vague as to where I'm at. I've only just gotten the hang of some of it.

Go to Jagd Village, learn about Yeul's flower and find them to make him glide. One is on the ruins dead end, the other on a forest in Jagd and the last in on a mini-canyon on Aryas Village. They should be easy to spot as they glow. Though, I'm jelly jamm of the people who make the choco glide before day 2. I'm on day 4, ready to fight Snow. I hope you too!
#3Shinobi_StarPosted 4/30/2014 6:18:57 PM(edited)
needsadvice posted...

You can follow the guide but also follow your own path as well...if that makes any sense. Rely on the guide for direction but you can choose wherever you want to go in this game. But your a right, this game is extremely overwhelming the first time i played it but it takes getting use to.

If i were you i'd continue to aid the chocobo in gliding which is easy since the poster above stated where you can locate Yeuls flowers. You can also do side quests to get additional items to heal the chocobo.
Yes, there will be additional days you earn; IF you complete main, side, and canvas of prayers quests. however if you run out of time you have to start over but you keep all the items you've accumulated thus far as well as weapons, shields and levels.

But the game will start over as new game plus and starts you back in luxerions first quest. Do what you can honestly. Enjoy it for what it is and do as many missions as possible as well as abuse overclock lol....if you have enough points.
---
SHINOBI'S BACK!!!
Now Playing: Lightning Returns; Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster; Tomb Raider
#4theresayPosted 4/30/2014 7:11:53 PM(edited)
I would put healing my chocobo to level 2 a priority, since it's required in a lot of places. You can do the side quests in any order you like except a couple of time-sensitive ones: The Girl Who Cry Wolf must start within 24 hours after you finished Noel, or you fail automatically. The first phase of Free Will requires that you report back to the quest giver the next morning, but the second and third phases you can do at your leisure.

Each main quest completed (there are five) grant you a day, finish all five will guarantee you to reach the 13th day and final boss. Complete enough side quests will get you an extra day and access to the bonus dungeon.

If you failed and have to start a new game+, everything you earned so far will be carry over, EXCEPT key items, soul seeds, and ultimate equipments. All quests (main and side) will be reset as well.

A lot of people will tell you to ditch the guide... I used it, it maps out the most efficient way to get the best result possible on first playthrough, but not necessary the best. Don't stress too much about the time, you'll actually find yourself with more time than you know what to do with :)
#5jeffhengPosted 4/30/2014 6:53:40 PM
the first thing you should do is make it glide. then you can get blizzara and aerora. i alwaya do it by day 2.

day 1: go wildlands to open up aryans and get fira. collect 6 vibrant ooze and 6 sweet slugs buy electronica, ignition and watery chorus

day 2:
1. warp to aryan to do fuzzy sheep to get milk.
2. kill chocobo eater.
3. feed and make chocobo up.
4. go jagd on the way trade in the vibrant ooze and collect chocobrel.
5. speak to nadia and go to northeast to eat yeul flower
6. go back to jagd and get chocobull from cordesia. buy hunter of the wild garb
7. chocobo can now glide
8. go to potae get aerora
9. go to research camp get blizzara
10. go to middle of wildlands and get witch rosary.
you are now overpowered by noon in day 2.
#6babyboy5114Posted 4/30/2014 7:01:15 PM
I was completely overwhelmed also, when I found out the clock keeps going until the end comes. I have platinum the game and continue to play making lightning stronger. I've beaten it on easy, normal, and at my level with my double deity blades only play on hard.

The point I'm making is you will continue to improve and discover things about the game I play this way.

Day 1. Nothing but a few side quest then jump on the train to get my ticket in snow place for $2,000 back alley past.

Day 2. I get my first three numbers, complete more side quest, make it to the back alley by 18:00, complete the quest to get the dress freezing time, done by 24:00 go back to get the last number defeat noell, freeze time to get back to snow palace by 3:00 am defeat snow all in day two.

Day 3. dead dunes all day, all missions, quest except for dragon and last ones, from defeat boss, get fragments for Shaz kid.

Day 4. Wild lands, all day missions, chocobo, defeat cauis, get beloved gift, crash site, fragments, etc etc.

Day 5. All main quest are done, only small quest are left. You now have two day before you can fight aeronite.

Day 6. Clean up side quest, kill last ones.

Day. 7. Clean up side quest, kill last ones or fight aeronite.

Day 8. Clean up side quest.

Day 9. Road work 1, 2, 3, complete

Day 10. Look for turbo ethers get ready for ultimate liar.

Day 11. Look for turbo ethers and continue to kill last ones.

Day 12. Hotel kill the day

Day 13. Ultimate liar

Day 14. You've beaten the game basically, so actually there are at least 3-5 days of your time the key is to attack the 5 main quest, you should have all done by day 3 or 4.
---
AKA Natural Napalm (Kaboom'aah)
Never hold up a Dollar for a Nickel.....
#7BillysanPosted 4/30/2014 10:25:19 PM
The game does a pretty bad job getting you into the swing of things.

There's more than enough time to do the main quest and some you can even complete up until the boss of the mission then warp out.

You can come back later after doing side quest when you're more power with out worrying about the time and being under leveled..
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 3DS FC:4914-2847-6766
#8CatMutoPosted 5/1/2014 1:55:29 AM
needsadvice posted...
Should I continue on with what the guide is telling me

No! Just play the game however you want. You'll have ambudant time later on. Day 3 is pretty much the day where things are generally supposed to start happening. Day 1 is an evening intro and Day 2 is still an orientation kind of day. You can do quest stuff, but you're still supposed to get to know the game first.

Throw the guide into the corner and do whatever you want. You'll have more than enough time to have your Chocobo glide. By the way, if you make your Chocobo glide by Day 3 and start into Etro's Temple on the same day with barely any sidequests and proper abilities on you, you will CRASH AND BURN. So really, take your time, you have more than enough.

C-A
---
Family Humor: It's an acquired taste.