Does anyone understand the story at all? (xiii trilogy spoilers)

#1master_chief_82Posted 5/25/2014 11:35:32 AM
So I just beat the game last night, and I just don't really understand it; xiii I could understand for the most part: Lightning goes after her sister who's been branded by
A fal-cie and then everyone gets a brand and goes after the fal-cie so they don't turn into a lceith. Then xiii-2, lightning falls down in a pit and becomes a godess or something and this dude noel from the future goes back in time to help serah but his buddy chaos goes back in time to save these multiple clones of yeuls from different timelines blah blah blah. Ok whatever, now lightning returns, come on! Everybody is over 500 years old and snow and noel hate lightning. And lumina is a shell for serah or something and serah says lightning tried to kill her a long times ago, What?! To prevent my brain from hurting anymore, can someone please tell me how someone came up with this stuff? Or at the very least even understand it???
#2DXMGPosted 5/25/2014 11:41:39 AM
that... pretty much sums it up actually.

Lumina isnt Serah, she is the part of Light that Light herself didnt want, hence she "killed" that part of her. Also, since Bhuni literally took out her emotions, Lumina represents that missing part.

But the rest is spot on. :D
---
Medic!
#3BillysanPosted 5/25/2014 12:28:01 PM(edited)
master_chief_82 posted...
To prevent my brain from hurting anymore, can someone please tell me how someone came up with this stuff? Or at the very least even understand it

A God did it.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 3DS FC:4914-2847-6766
#4TrueTrinityPosted 5/25/2014 12:25:46 PM
It's not complicated, just illogical honestly. But the illogicalities make it more complex than it is.
#5Extreme_lightPosted 5/25/2014 2:42:44 PM
So I just beat the game last night, and I just don't really understand it; xiii I could understand for the most part: Lightning goes after her sister who's been branded by
A fal-cie and then everyone gets a brand and goes after the fal-cie so they don't turn into a lceith.

You got it.

Then xiii-2, lightning falls down in a pit and becomes a godess or something and this dude noel from the future goes back in time to help serah but his buddy chaos goes back in time to save these multiple clones of yeuls from different timelines blah blah blah.
You got it... except the goddess thing is a translation error. She actually become a *Knight of the goddess.

Ok whatever, now lightning returns, come on! Everybody is over 500 years old and snow and noel hate lightning. And lumina is a shell for serah or something and serah says lightning tried to kill her a long times ago, What?!
Noel doesn't really "hate" Lightning, he just think killing her would change thing. He also blame her for some stuff. Lumina is a part of Lightning. And the Serah we saw was a fake (yea as much as I enjoyed the plot, I didn't know that at first myself lmao). It suppose to represent the part of Lightning that she tried to kill.

To prevent my brain from hurting anymore, can someone please tell me how someone came up with this stuff? Or at the very least even understand it???
I'd blame some of it to translation. Part of it to poor writing. And another part of it to not demonstrating it outside of writing :P
---
"If you don't want salvation... I can do nothing."
Solange gone mad. This gon be good.
#6BillysanPosted 5/25/2014 3:12:20 PM(edited)
And lumina is a shell for serah or something and serah says lightning tried to kill her a long times ago

Lumina is actually all of Lightning's vulnerabilities which she tried to shed long ago so she'd be strong for Serah.

Serah is actually just among the chaos.

I don't blame you for the confusion the writing does everything to convince you that Lumina is Serah.

Nearly everything Lumina says until the final moments with her is just misdirection.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 3DS FC:4914-2847-6766
#7Strider102Posted 5/25/2014 3:45:18 PM
I understood the story, but won't get into it.

Why?

Because it is pointless.

I don't know, maybe because I have no problem reading a datalog or outside material.

*shrugs*
---
Strider is something of a god of equine necro-brutality. -Master ZED
#8TrueBURPPosted 5/25/2014 3:46:00 PM
That's it, basically. Lumina is supposed to be teen Lightning, representing those emotions she sealed away and all, that's for the "tried to kill her" part. I guess Lightning was a goth chick once, huh. She looks like Serah to misdirect the player, but also because Lightning was probably more like Serah when sshe was younger.

The story in itself isn't so hard to understand once you get past the part where it doesn't make much sense.
---
SCREAM POETRY...
#9CatMutoPosted 5/25/2014 11:56:30 PM
I understood the stories, yes.

C-A
---
Family Humor: It's an acquired taste.
#10rikkufreakPosted 5/26/2014 2:30:02 PM
I understood it. Took some effort but everything clicked, especially after having finished LR.
---
Main PSN: AerinK | Lyon | 200 Ranger [Deadly Sharpshooter]
Alt PSN: Ren9895 | Zayne | 136 Mage [Balanced with emphasis on support]