*Watches Final Day Ark Cut Scene* ...... *Proceeds to bang head against wall*

#1lilburritoPosted 6/5/2014 8:13:12 PM
Why didn't it happen?! - Results (59 votes)
It did. When Lightning said " I'll see you again". She meant him. I'm sure of it.
22.03% (13 votes)
Toriyama wouldn't let his "daughter" walk down the isle with just anybody ya know.
18.64% (11 votes)
It happened... In my head. Ah yes, this is bliss~
1.69% (1 votes)
Probably because he wasn't in his older form.
23.73% (14 votes)
Other [ Please Elaborate ]
33.9% (20 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Warning - Major Spoilers Ahead, do not proceed unless you've beaten the game.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok...Ok....I wanna calm myself down here. But I can't. I mean... C'mooooon!!!!

WHYYYY HOPE?! WHY IN THE HECK DIDN'T YOU TELL HER THOSE THREE MAGIC WORDS. YOU HAD SO MANY CHANCES IN THE END TO DO IT!!!!!

The only reason I decided to play the last two games in the series was all in speculation for that moment. But NOOOOO, the developers just decided to TEASE IT! Why oh why did they not let Hope confess his love for her... Just...WHY?!

Just to clarify. Yes I am serious. This was the one thing I wanted to see happen the most after I cleared the first game.
---
"Henshin A Go-Go Baby!"
#2ColorSlanderPosted 6/5/2014 8:42:38 PM
Because they aren't romantic.
#3theamatuerPosted 6/5/2014 9:11:21 PM
Because Toriyama hates Lightning X Hope shippers
---
an amatuer, and proud of it!
Official Neku of the KH3 board
#4Strider102Posted 6/5/2014 11:04:53 PM
I never took them for lovers. They had more of a brother-sister bond....thing.
---
Strider is something of a god of equine necro-brutality. -Master ZED
#5AppleJinxPosted 6/6/2014 12:46:49 AM
They are more like siblings than lovers. I mean in the first game Hope totally awoken Lightning's motherly nature so I don't think the feeling they have for each other is romantic love
---
PSN: AppleJinx
#6IightningzPosted 6/6/2014 2:16:45 AM
Toriyama never intended for them to be together - When talking about why Hope was reverted back into a child form, he suddenly goes off tangent and says "Personally, I do not want Lightning to belong to anyone..."

He knows people want to know he didn't mean for them to be romantic. Earlier on before LR, the devs were asked this question in interviews and the devs go something like "She is like a big sister to him..."

She's off on a journey to find her friends, not just Hope.
---
Lightning Collection: http://imgur.com/a/ibrsD#0
Tumblr: http://kaiho-sha.tumblr.com/
#7LadysoalluringPosted 6/6/2014 4:38:06 AM
In Brigade Hope is paired with Vanille, and their cards have something like young love and secret crush o-o Personally I didn't know what the hell to think of that but apparently that is a thing ;o
---
Official "Vanille" of the Dissidia Duodecim boards
"To hate, to hurt, to destroy ... I couldn't do it" - Vanille
#8CatMutoPosted 6/6/2014 4:47:40 AM
End Game Spoilers!!

I slightly ship them, but not as much as my "serious" ships if you want to call them that. And as for the final scenes... I quite honestly felt that Square went as far as they could without some smartass going online and saying "hurr durr lightning's a pedo 0/10 game, LOL" if she said she loved Hope while in his child form, although he is beyond legal age.

As said, I find the last scenes to be pretty much a heavy smack in the face for HopexLight, if one chooses to look at it like that. Other than that, I guess I'd see it as a big sign that Hope and Light have the best trust between the XIII cast, not just with Light admitting she needs help but Hope being there for her as a support.

C-A
---
Family Humor: It's an acquired taste.
#9magdapocketPosted 6/6/2014 4:50:38 AM
Hope's too good for her.
---
pls i need that novel or i cry
#10ayalorenPosted 6/6/2014 5:01:54 AM
Ladysoalluring posted...
In Brigade Hope is paired with Vanille, and their cards have something like young love and secret crush o-o Personally I didn't know what the hell to think of that but apparently that is a thing ;o

They're not "paired" and it's not a thing.
---
Commitment issues? I won't even open emails if they come with attachments.