*Watches Final Day Ark Cut Scene* ...... *Proceeds to bang head against wall*

#21SturmTempestPosted 6/6/2014 9:50:54 PM
Okay TC, let's think about this for a second.

Lightning was helping Hope in FFXIII. There is an age gap between the two. An adult going out with a minor? Do you really think Square Enix would condone this type of behavior?

Also, when did Hope or Lightning ever express any type of romantic feelings for one another?

That's right... never.

Okay folks, nothing to see here, move along...
---
THEN DROP THAT SCIENCE
#22CatMutoPosted 6/6/2014 11:02:23 PM
SturmTempest posted...
Lightning was helping Hope in FFXIII. There is an age gap between the two. An adult going out with a minor? Do you really think Square Enix would condone this type of behavior?

Lightning was 21 in XIII and Hope 14. That's 7 years. XIII-2 and LR, Hope is 24+ years old, not counting the 500 years of living without aging. Okay? He was an adult in XIII-2 and LR. Just cause he wasn't in the body of one doesn't mean anything. Not to mention that he also had the mind of an adult and not a kid in LR. Nobody can tell me "Light would be a pedo if she went for a minor like Hope" considering neither of them is a minor when XIII-2 rolls around!

I'm not fully condoning LightxHope, I'm just setting the record straight about the age thing.

C-A
---
Family Humor: It's an acquired taste.
#23GalveaPosted 6/7/2014 6:13:10 AM
I went with the "Daddy Toriyama will break the legs of any man who dares lay a finger on his precious daughter" option, because that's the impression I get from Toriyama whenever he talks about Lightning in his interviews :P Well either that or "Lightning is Toriyama's waifu"...

TC, if it makes you feel a little better, Hope's final words to Lightning in the goodbye scene, in Japanese, is slightly more sentimental than the English version...

English: "I'm not scared, not even now. (pause) Because you're here."
Japanese: "Yes, nothing scares me. (pause) I'm glad I met you."

The title of the track that plays during this scene translates literally to "Being able to meet you" (the official English name is "Meeting You").

And I see that I've corrupted this board with my posts about shotas... my work here is done. Muhaha... mwahahahaha!

*is manacled and led away by the police and several nice men in white*
---
FInal Fantasy Agito Student ID: 796992478892
#24MimebladePosted 6/7/2014 12:59:57 PM
theamatuer posted...
Because Toriyama hates Lightning X Hope shippers

This sums up this topic nicely.
---
If you have a question about Guilty Gear, ask me anything!
http://gear-project.tumblr.com/
#25lilburrito(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 7:47:25 AM
Galvea posted...
I went with the "Daddy Toriyama will break the legs of any man who dares lay a finger on his precious daughter" option, because that's the impression I get from Toriyama whenever he talks about Lightning in his interviews :P Well either that or "Lightning is Toriyama's waifu"...

TC, if it makes you feel a little better, Hope's final words to Lightning in the goodbye scene, in Japanese, is slightly more sentimental than the English version...

The title of the track that plays during this scene translates literally to "Being able to meet you" (the official English name is "Meeting You").

And I see that I've corrupted this board with my posts about shotas... my work here is done. Muhaha... mwahahahaha!

Yes that does make me feel a lot better about it actually. :S

Well for all we know... Hope could've been reborn around the same time as Lightning, thus being the same age as her. Sooo.....YES! My hope still remains alive! :O
---
"Henshin A Go-Go Baby!"
#26IightningzPosted 6/8/2014 9:57:30 AM(edited)
lilburrito posted...
Galvea posted...

Yes that does make me feel a lot better about it actually. :S

Well for all we know... Hope could've been reborn around the same time as Lightning, thus being the same age as her. Sooo.....YES! My hope still remains alive! :O

They weren't reborn as babies, that would mean Dajh and Sazh is the same age. Besides, Lightning seemed to retain her memories. Hope is an adult again according to the Ultimania.

It doesn't mean their relationship is romantic. It may or may not be. Neither denied nor confirmed.
---
Lightning Collection: http://imgur.com/a/ibrsD#0
Tumblr: http://kaiho-sha.tumblr.com/
#27fireemblemomegaPosted 6/8/2014 2:55:48 PM
I accidentally voted for the first option. I meant to say that they're more like siblings than anything.

Everyone knows that Hope is hopelessly smitten with the ever angsty Vanille.

Seriously, if Angst were an article of clothing or something like soap or water she'd have it all over her all the time. Jeez...
---
I like Final Fantasy.
#28bobdaconPosted 6/9/2014 1:25:11 AM
I don't know if it was intentional or not but LR made me ship so HopexLight so hard.
I actually thought he had a little crush on Vanille in XIII but LR changed my mind.
#29CraiCrushnaPosted 6/10/2014 8:52:00 AM
Because Square isn't stupid like you.
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=5721070
Carpetfresh(Xbox and PS3) Crai Crushna(League of Legends)
#30CatMutoPosted 6/10/2014 10:09:57 AM
CraiCrushna posted...
Because Square isn't stupid like you.

Way to show ignorance, pal. Tell me one of your shipped pairings so I can s*** all over that, too, to make things fair.

C-A
---
"Argh! Social Interaction! Get it away from me!"
Touko, Danganronpa Abridged Thing