is caius broken?

#41jeffhengPosted 6/12/2014 8:33:30 AM
tc, i just beat him with the tv off and using only my right hand so..... XD

though i'm on ng+7 hardmode but stats not max yet
#42MimebladePosted 6/12/2014 4:16:36 PM
Once you get strong enough, spending 2 EP on him for Army of One is more than enough, especially with a Good strong Heavy Slash.
---
If you have a question about Guilty Gear, ask me anything!
http://gear-project.tumblr.com/
#43shim11Posted 6/12/2014 4:52:19 PM
use an accessory that gives you -enspell,put Imperil,Deprotect and your damage output will go up quite a bit
#44destrian522Posted 6/12/2014 7:19:00 PM
chrcol posted...
Also interesting destrian thinks its a problem the player can juggle caius buit its ok for caius to juggle the player?

I don't think anything of the sort. Granted, the reason I am not thinking it is because it isn't true, not because I've made a judgment about it. Caius can't juggle the player in the same sense as in that video, even if you let him knock you off your feet (and you shouldn't).
---
Etro's Gate---The gameplay nexus for Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy
http://etrosgate.com/
#45chrcol(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2014 10:43:20 AM
shim11 posted...
use an accessory that gives you -enspell,put Imperil,Deprotect and your damage output will go up quite a bit

you really think I dont do that, the issue isnt so much damaging him, but more so not be juggled, and killed every 30 seconds.

on my 360 normal playthru with no dlc/outerworld equipment I did beat him much easier than usual using destrian's strategy.

juggled him through 3 overclock's with ga spells (and imperiel, deshell) which left him down to about 10% hp, and I managed to finish him off before he could retaliate.

So I guess using a cheap strategy works against broken boss's.

Still waiting for the video to beat him with failed guard's and not using cheap strategies.
#46OregonDucks14Posted 6/15/2014 3:25:15 PM
He's not a broken boss. You just need to guard against his attacks. Those cheap strategies are for those that are unable to do that.
#47SWBF2PilotPosted 6/17/2014 6:14:39 PM
chrcol posted...
Seems a very unbalanced fight, was very tough on my first easy playthru, second easy playthru got through it on brute force.

On hard seems just very broken, basically had to try and wait for a tiny window to deprotect, and then spam attack during overclock, but even that wasnt a clean process as I spent much of my overclock time in the air after he hits me during the overclock. He seems immediatly always do one move after another, so in one overclock he managed to buff himself and debuff whilst time is supposedbly slowed down for him, 3 different overclocks he hits me and im flying in the air yet when I hit him he doesnt flinch (bad unfair game mechanics). The cut and keep system seems in favour of the enemy by default. The only time he briefly stops is when he under veil and I cant do any meaningful damage to him.

Guide says to load up with ga spells, and imperil, and curse, and debrave and deshell, but he just despells them anyway and I get starved of atb.

I beat aeronite on hard and aeronite = cakewalk compared to caius.

Not happy as used 2 turbo ethers which are extremely valuable on hard with its almost non existant EP supply.

I beat Caius on normal on my third try (first nearly beat him, second I accidentally switched to the wrong schema and ate a bajillion damage) on normal, first playthrough, without really doing anything special. In fact it may have been my favorite fight in this game because it was the first one where I really started to get the hang of the more detailed strategies. All you really have to do is make a defensive schema to soak up the damage when he starts spamming. I thought Aeronite was far more difficult, and I thought XIII-2's bosses, speaking of Caius, were balanced far worse. (Easy easy easy |brick wall| easy easy easy easy easy easy -> I shall give you despair.)
---
"Siegfried: He has no need for words, he speaks with whiffs." - Wandrian
Official General of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Boards
#48IcewitchPosted 6/17/2014 7:13:43 PM
Beat him on Normal today, on Day 7. It was definitely a challenge -- took me probably 4 tries and I had to re-adjust schema until I found one that worked.

I found that using the halberd that can steal haste/faith/bravery helps a lot once he casts Body & Soul.
---
^.^
#49OregonDucks14Posted 6/17/2014 8:33:40 PM
Icewitch posted...
Beat him on Normal today, on Day 7. It was definitely a challenge -- took me probably 4 tries and I had to re-adjust schema until I found one that worked.

I found that using the halberd that can steal haste/faith/bravery helps a lot once he casts Body & Soul.

It's very useful on other bosses too. You can also get an accessory that does that from killing the last one of triffids and schrodingers. You'll need heavy slash though.
#50chrcol(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2014 6:26:55 AM
now did destrian's strategy on normal (on my 360 run) using no overclock, so I was better at execution the 2nd time. although caius did get off that initial powerful attack that time.