Attention ALL Final Fantasy XIII / Lightning Fans!

#1SammyKneenPosted 6/10/2014 1:24:08 AM
Wanna see Light on PS4 or XBOX ONE?

Sign my petition, let's unite and make it happen!

FINAL FANTASY XIII: LIGHTNING COLLECTION Port for PS4/XBOX ONE. http://ipt.io/rwdj
#2Strider102Posted 6/10/2014 1:35:40 AM
Didn't you make a topic about this earlier?

That said I'm a fan of XIII, but even I have to say no. Enough is enough. It might be different if the XIII trilogy was widely liked, but it's not.

Anyways online petitions rarely work out. You would have to amass hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of signatures to raise an eyebrow. Even then it's no guarantee.
---
Strider is something of a god of equine necro-brutality. -Master ZED
#3riddlebox89Posted 6/10/2014 1:43:21 AM
Strider102 posted...
Anyways online petitions rarely work out. You would have to amass hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of signatures to raise an eyebrow. Even then it's no guarantee.

This, you wouldn't believe how many petitions were started when it was announced that David Hayter wasn't returning for the new Metal Gear, hell I bet that each of them combined were about 100k signatures, and they've done absolutely nothing.

I'm pretty sure that game developers in general laugh at online petitions, same way they laugh at gamefaqs because of the high concentration of trolls who do nothing but sit and bash games they've never even touched.

TC you're better off shutting it down, even if it gets a high number of signatures, it's not going to do anything, they know that PS3/360 has a significantly larger audience than PS4/XBone does, to the point where they don't even have a 10th the amount of PS3/360 units out and about, and a smart developer makes games for a console that has more people on it because more people means more sales, more sales equals more money, they're not going to bother spending who knows how much money reworking three games that are generally disliked by quite a few people just so they can be on new consoles.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#4BillysanPosted 6/10/2014 1:48:55 AM(edited)
The effort would be better spent on an English release of Type-0 preferably in HD.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 3DS FC:4914-2847-6766
#5IightningzPosted 6/10/2014 2:50:50 AM
No. Enough.

Square is better off with eyes to the future.
---
Lightning Collection: http://imgur.com/a/ibrsD#0
Tumblr: http://kaiho-sha.tumblr.com/
#6CatMutoPosted 6/10/2014 2:51:30 AM
I love XIII, but I'm saying No, too. Aside from the fact that most people probably still have functioning PS3s or 360s, Lightning Returns only came out 4 months/7 months ago. That never warrants a port. Even Tales of Symphonia, which got an enhanced Port to the PS2 in 2004 was at least a year after the original release on the GC. Also, XIII itself is barely 5 years old. Again, no necessity to bring it to another console.

Especially as, riddlebox said it nicely, lots of people either don't have PS4/Ones nor are they willing to buy one soon enough that would make Square/Sony/Microsoft/Whoever think it'd be worth doing the port, since there's no guarantee there'd be big enough of an audience to purchase a console for a game series that is still working fine on the old consoles.

And finally, even if I am a fan of XIII and they would announce a port to the PS4/One... I still wouldn't buy either console for it.

I'm not even sure why this petition should be done... is it for people who don't have a PS3/360 but only the newer ones and can't play the XIII games? Easy enough, just get a PS3 or 360. Second hand, I'm sure they're cheap enough. I got my fat PS3 a few years ago, second hand for, what, I think 90? Or 120. Yeah it was a lot for me then, and it still is now, but it was worth it. No problems yet. (Except once where I worried it might be dying, but it was just overheated...)

C-A
---
"Argh! Social Interaction! Get it away from me!"
Touko, Danganronpa Abridged Thing
#7NananiPosted 6/10/2014 3:10:44 AM
No.

Buying a PS4/XBOne does not actually make your PS3/360 stop working, you know.
You can still play the FFXIII trilogy. They are still there.
---
- Spork Goddess Nanani
#8SammyKneen(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 3:20:51 AM
A full remaster would take 6-months to a year to complete anyway so it wouldn't be too soon after.

I just think that realistically, we aren't going to have Final Fantasy XV until 2016, and by mid next year more and more people are going to be switching to PS4. So it will give us RPG lovers something to play with on our new console.

Plus it will give Square the tech to fix the graphical/framerate issue with Lightning Returns and XIII-2 and maybe add a couple of sidequests to the original XIII, as well as giving them a bit more money to pour into XV.

I actually think from a business perspective it could work.
#9IightningzPosted 6/10/2014 3:30:59 AM
SammyKneen posted...
A full remaster would take 6-months to a year to complete anyway so it wouldn't be too soon after.

I just think that realistically, we aren't going to have Final Fantasy XV until 2016, and by mid next year more and more people are going to be switching to PS4. So it will give us RPG lovers something to play with on our new console.

Plus it will give Square the tech to fix the graphical/framerate issue with Lightning Returns and XIII-2 and maybe add a couple of sidequests to the original XIII, as well as giving them a bit more money to pour into XV.

I actually think from a business perspective it could work.

They're not very popular games and people don't buy the same game twice, especially if the first time around it was not critically acclaimed.
---
Lightning Collection: http://imgur.com/a/ibrsD#0
Tumblr: http://kaiho-sha.tumblr.com/
#10HavokuPosted 6/10/2014 4:05:50 AM
Nanani posted...
No.

Buying a PS4/XBOne does not actually make your PS3/360 stop working, you know.
You can still play the FFXIII trilogy. They are still there.

I swear, if I could explain this to just about everyone...
---
PSN: Nero_Heist, FFXIV: Norimu Zorimu (Brynhildr)
PSN: Havoku - Claire - 70 - Sorcerer