Attention ALL Final Fantasy XIII / Lightning Fans!

#51bigboss223Posted 6/17/2014 10:34:38 AM
CatMuto posted...
Button masher mechanics,

Button mashing? What the f*** do you think you did in the older FF games? You press A over and over and over to hit the enemy with your attack or magic until they died. How is XIII or any of the other "new" FFs more a button masher than the old ones?

I apologize im not as easily entertained as most of you new fans

I've played FF since the 90s, when I first got my hands on VI and V, so don't you go think I'm a "new" fan who only likes the newer ones. I heavily disliked X (nice enough story, but f*** annoying characters except Auron), IX was a total return to basics after VIII became more innovative and people complained "This is too different!" (Of course when IX came out, people complained "This is too much the same!" so take that as you will with your "old fans") VIII had terrible characters and a romance about as believeable as Twilight, VII........ I already gave my view on VII....

C-A

My comment wasnt specified to any particular person. You must feel guilty. And if you think there isnt more thought into getting through an old final fantasy versus this new stuff than you are a liar. and like real men ive never watched twilight. and as far as X goes, there is not one character in that entire game less interesting than a lighting series FF character. "i have a bird in my hair and i will say and do nothing interesting until over 10+ hours of gameplay".
#52CatMutoPosted 6/17/2014 1:51:50 PM
My comment wasnt specified to any particular person. You must feel guilty. And if you think there isnt more thought into getting through an old final fantasy versus this new stuff than you are a liar. and like real men ive never watched twilight. and as far as X goes, there is not one character in that entire game less interesting than a lighting series FF character. "i have a bird in my hair and i will say and do nothing interesting until over 10+ hours of gameplay".

No, I just count myself to the "old school FF fans" alongside the ones who enjoy some of the newer ones, too. What do you mean more thought? VIII was so balanced that monsters only grew stronger when I did, which never really challenged me. IX I barely remember, didn't play it much.

And maybe X's characters were more interesting to you than the XIII series characters, but at least none of them were as annoying as TIDUS. With his whining. And complainin. And Auron you lied to me this. And Auron this is your fault. And I wanna go home. And I won't talk about Zanarkand anymore, although five minutes later I'll talk about Zanarkand again. And about how *I* feel about these things. And how I totally am more important than Yuna's whose freaking journey this actually is. And wha wha wha. Nobody can tell me Tidus ACTUALLY matured in the game.

I know that Hope was built with Tidus in the back of their minds (momma's boy, doesn't get along well with his dad, even similar appearances) but at least Hope GOT BETTER than Tidus. Best moment of X for me? Tidus f****ing DYING.

C-A
---
"Argh! Social Interaction! Get it away from me!"
Touko, Danganronpa Abridged Thing