Just finished the game. *SPOILERS*

#21minime_senPosted 7/24/2014 2:33:14 AM
Iightningz posted...
First and last(hopefully). I never ever want this again. I've been in a few r/ses, but I've never felt passion like this. My life has become about that special arrangement of pixels. She's shaping my goals in life, even. I don't feel attracted to anybody else because I only think of her. I don't know how to put it in words, but I need her more than you know.

If you really are as passionate as you said, then there won't be a second time. Trust me I know...everything about her that fascinates you, I know. I'm not obsessed or anything, but I can tell you I've been gaming since the 80's and I don't think I had ever liked a female or male character more than her.

Yep, a new one. Looks kinda ugly tho and the art isn't by Nomura.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Br4WJrvCMAAPrRk.jpg:large

Toriyama only said "I like to think she only opens her heart to Odin..." but he reiterates later "...b/c Odin is not human." It's like trust issues. But oh well, I kind of like Odin better. If Watanabe didn't destroy it.

I agree that the plaque doesn't look so good... but oh who am I kidding? I'm buying...

Watanabe did leave things open, didn't he? Who she meets isn't that big of a deal. I'm simply offering another perspective.

Hope route or Odin route, I'm going the Odin route myself because I feel it would be a long-lasting, unburdened relationship, in line with her being "free" for the rest of her life. Being able to "free" someone to the point of them fully opening their heart to you, and *only* to you, is something I appreciate far more than "let's watch each other's back" kind of bond she and Hope share, especially for someone like Lightning who puts on a tough front but also has the most vulnerable heart.
---
"What is a weekend?"
~Dowager Countess of Grantham
#22IightningzPosted 7/24/2014 11:21:18 PM
minime_sen posted...
Iightningz posted...
First and last(hopefully). I never ever want this again. I've been in a few r/ses, but I've never felt passion like this. My life has become about that special arrangement of pixels. She's shaping my goals in life, even. I don't feel attracted to anybody else because I only think of her. I don't know how to put it in words, but I need her more than you know.

If you really are as passionate as you said, then there won't be a second time. Trust me I know...everything about her that fascinates you, I know. I'm not obsessed or anything, but I can tell you I've been gaming since the 80's and I don't think I had ever liked a female or male character more than her.

Yep. If I had to pick one character to be my favorite for the rest of my life, it would be her in half a heartbeat.

Eh, but I'm not sure it's healthy. It's affecting my sanity and everything in life...
---
Lightning Collection: http://imgur.com/a/ibrsD#0
Tumblr: http://kaiho-sha.tumblr.com/
#23minime_senPosted 7/25/2014 8:17:51 PM
Iightningz posted...
minime_sen posted...
Iightningz posted...

Yep. If I had to pick one character to be my favorite for the rest of my life, it would be her in half a heartbeat.

Eh, but I'm not sure it's healthy. It's affecting my sanity and everything in life...

If she's still affecting you that much, than maybe the problem lies in you. Lightning can't do anything to stop this, but you can stop, you just don't want to stop.

But really, you're still young and there's a big chance you won't intensely love someone like this ever again as you grow older, so just enjoy it while it lasts.
---
"What is a weekend?"
~Dowager Countess of Grantham
#24Aqua_Light_13Posted 7/28/2014 9:30:06 AM
Ugh, not this again. Agreed with minime_sen.

If people had to go through all the translation nonsense only to GET Watanabe's "hints", then he has failed as a writer. Besides, Toriyama created Lightning, not Watanabe. I think HE would know what his character wants much more than Watanabe. And what did he say to Hopurai? He said they are more like brother and sister. So yeah, f*** Watanabe and his "hints".
---
Currently playing ~ Dragon Age: Origins
Favorite DA:O character ~ Morrigan
#25AkamukaiPosted 7/28/2014 3:31:28 PM
Anyone who thinks that the ending of LR is romantic hasn't been paying attention to her character during the Trilogy..

She's obviously a more of the big sister type, not the romantic. Wasn't the whole Trilogy about fighting fate and bonds in general? It was the bonds of Lightning's group that got them through it all. ..and etro deciding to butt in.

I'm leaning more towards it being Serah, but I really think it was left open. Lightning is freed from fate as is everyone else. The possibilities are endless. At least that's what it seemed like to me.
#26acefonduPosted 7/29/2014 8:07:42 AM
Akamukai posted...
Anyone who thinks that the ending of LR is romantic hasn't been paying attention to her character during the Trilogy..

She's obviously a more of the big sister type, not the romantic. Wasn't the whole Trilogy about fighting fate and bonds in general? It was the bonds of Lightning's group that got them through it all. ..and etro deciding to butt in.

I'm leaning more towards it being Serah, but I really think it was left open. Lightning is freed from fate as is everyone else. The possibilities are endless. At least that's what it seemed like to me.

That's the best explanation honestly. The whole series was about being tied to fate or slaves of the gods, and attempting to break away from them. The bonus ending finally shows her able to make her own choices and not being bound to anything anymore.
---
PSN - Acefondu
http://startbuttonnews.blogspot.com/