FF XIII prequel trilogy??

#1FFT-FanPosted 7/31/2014 5:42:14 PM
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/29/square-enix-japan-registered-trademark-for-prequel-trilogy/

Maybe a XIII prequel trilogy? I know they said it's done, but didn't we originally get told Star Wars was done after episode 3? Now there's going to be a new Star Wars trilogy
---
Got an Xbox One for Christmas
#2IightningzPosted 7/31/2014 6:35:36 PM
No. Not happening.
---
Lightning Collection: http://imgur.com/a/ibrsD#0
Tumblr: http://kaiho-sha.tumblr.com/
#3Strider102Posted 7/31/2014 8:04:23 PM
No
---
Strider is something of a god of equine necro-brutality. -Master ZED
#4Sirian_HawkPosted 7/31/2014 9:22:02 PM
Bravely Default: For the Prequel
---
Life's not "too short". We just waste most of the time we're given.
#5FFT-Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 11:46:57 PM
Sirian_Hawk posted...
Bravely Default: For the Prequel

This could be cool
---
#6CatMutoPosted 8/1/2014 1:01:12 AM
FFT-Fan posted...
Maybe a XIII prequel trilogy? I know they said it's done, but didn't we originally get told Star Wars was done after episode 3? Now there's going to be a new Star Wars trilogy

How dare you compare FF to Star Wars?

Nah but seriously, I don't think this is happening. I might understand making one prequel that takes place during the War of Transgression and deals with Vanilla and Fang, ending with their crystalization, but that's about it.

C-A
---
"Yahoo! Yeah, you bastards worked out who the totally-not-obvious killer was! Good going there, you frickin' geniuses!" - Monokuma, DRAT
#7Gaming_EsquirePosted 8/1/2014 5:37:07 PM
I love this series. But I still have to say

No.
---
Dragon Ninja Dinosaur Wizard
#8Argonar_AlfaranPosted 8/1/2014 7:26:28 PM(edited)
Nope, most likely for either kingdom hearts, Dragon Quest series, type 0, FFXV or it's actually three prequels for different games and was thus named the "prequel trilogy"
#9reallxPosted 8/2/2014 1:18:02 AM
CatMuto posted...

Nah but seriously, I don't think this is happening. I might understand making one prequel that takes place during the War of Transgression and deals with Vanilla and Fang, ending with their crystalization, but that's about it.

C-A

omg! I would luv to see that!^^

but No.X//
#10FFT-Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 8:59:40 PM(edited)
Argonar_Alfaran posted...
Nope, most likely for either kingdom hearts, Dragon Quest series, type 0, FFXV or it's actually three prequels for different games and was thus named the "prequel trilogy"

This would be great! They could do the ancient keyblade war. I believe it is covered in KH chi but that's in Japan only and they may want to do something different for the west. A good idea for KH games that might get made for 3DS or Vita during the wait for KH3. There has been too many side games in KH but it would be better then nothing, as long as it doesn't interfere with development of FF XV or KH3.

Dragon Quest would be good too. They could do remakes of older games in the DQ series, especially the games that haven't been released in English. DQ prequel trilogy could be more likely, since the KH teams are probably too busy with XV and KH3 right now. With DQ's art style and graphics, maybe they could release the remakes on PS4, X1 and Wii U without too much difficulty.

Don't know enough about Type-0 but it's another good idea. If it's any of these 3, or maybe prequels to older FF games(VI, X, and maybe one more from NES-SNES-PSX FF games) I'd buy any of them.
---