FF XIII prequel trilogy??

#21SunburstPosted 8/6/2014 7:38:23 AM
It might work on a handheld system like the FFXII sequel.
---
There can be only one.
#22lindaluvPosted 8/6/2014 8:39:11 AM
CatMuto posted...
FFT-Fan posted...
Maybe a XIII prequel trilogy? I know they said it's done, but didn't we originally get told Star Wars was done after episode 3? Now there's going to be a new Star Wars trilogy

How dare you compare FF to Star Wars?

Nah but seriously, I don't think this is happening. I might understand making one prequel that takes place during the War of Transgression and deals with Vanilla and Fang, ending with their crystalization, but that's about it.

C-A

That should have been the one sequel we got instead of the pile pf poop they gave instead.
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Strider) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
MulaMadara : Deneb (25 - Sorc)
#23FFT-Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2014 2:29:05 PM
lindaluv posted...
CatMuto posted...
FFT-Fan posted...
Maybe a XIII prequel trilogy? I know they said it's done, but didn't we originally get told Star Wars was done after episode 3? Now there's going to be a new Star Wars trilogy

How dare you compare FF to Star Wars?

Nah but seriously, I don't think this is happening. I might understand making one prequel that takes place during the War of Transgression and deals with Vanilla and Fang, ending with their crystalization, but that's about it.

C-A

That should have been the one sequel we got instead of the pile pf poop they gave instead.

Agreed. We might have enjoyed the FNC story more this way. Just by having one game that shows all of the FNC mythology directly. It seems to be ok, but a datalog wasn't the best way to show it. A prequel game that showed us everything that the datalog just told us could have been interesting. Although at this point, a fourth XIII game would be very excessive. They've missed their chance.
---
Got an Xbox One for Christmas
#24tommy101Posted 8/8/2014 11:07:36 AM
FFT-Fan/CatMuto/reallx
George Lucas is the master of the 180, although that said, I couldn't say for definite about the validity, as this is second hand information, however I believe he had planned that there would be nine movies, although when asked about it at a later date, I think this is before the prequels were made, he stated that the complete saga would consist of six movies only, that said, the sequels could always have been Disney's idea, although, something which makes me think there is validity to his 180-ness is because he apparently praised the Clone Wars cartoon, until it was rubbished by fans, and then he stated he didn't like it!

That said, back to Final Fantasy, I'd love there to have been a War of Transgressions game as well, following the events of Vanille and Fang, actually I believe there's a short story in the Before Fragments novel, although can't remember if I read it all, actually started drafting one of my own, although who knows if I'll ever get any further than that, however something I thought of as a joke, was working the scene of Vanille on top of the cliff overlooking Gran Pulse that featured in the opening to Final Fantasy XIII, but not in the actual game, into the story!

Argonar_Alfaran/FFT-Fan

It's interesting how everything's changed from the original Fabula Nova trilogy being XIII, Type-0 (then Agito) and XV (then Versus), to now there being a XIII Trilogy, and Type-0 having a sequel using the name of its predecessor!

Tracinya/VegaGG/CatMuto
Hahaha, wouldn't mind that either, need to complete Lightning Returns before I know what I'd want to expect in post ending scenes though :D!

I'd like Final Fantasy V and VI remakes, although with V, I wonder if there will be a difference the characters between the sprites and cutscenes, like before, or they will standardise them, one way or the other, I mean, Lenna's sprite has pink hair and an orange tunic, but the cutscenes have her with blonde hair! Although Lenna didn't look bad in the cutscenes, I think I prefer Lenna's design from sprites, especially the artwork based on that design that's out there on the web, I also prefer the plain tunics, to the more flashy "Kid Icarus" look that Bartz had in Dissidia!

I actually wondered whether Square-Enix thought about developing V for both the Vita and 3DS, and one goes in the direction of standarisation, with the cutscene designs as the base for the look (Lenna with blonde hair cutscenes), and the other using the sprite designs as the base for the look (Lenna with pink hair cutscenes), but I think that'd would be asking a bit much!

Didn't Square-Enix say something like if they remade Final Fantasy VII, it would be admitting they can't do any better, although we would expect them to remake it if they remade VI, and not just jump straight to VIII!

A remake for Pokémon X/Y should be quite some time off, although am looking forward to the Ruby/Sapphire remakes!
#25CatMutoPosted 8/8/2014 12:50:10 PM
tommy101 posted...
Lenna's sprite has pink hair and an orange tunic, but the cutscenes have her with blonde hair!

That mostly has to do with Amano's style and his preference for blonds... Tina and Celes are blond, as is Edgar, Sabin, as well as Lock, Tifa originally had... white hair, I think...

C-A
---
"Yahoo! Yeah, you bastards worked out who the totally-not-obvious killer was! Good going there, you frickin' geniuses!" - Monokuma, DRAT
#26VegaGGPosted 8/9/2014 8:11:09 AM
CatMuto posted...
tommy101 posted...
Lenna's sprite has pink hair and an orange tunic, but the cutscenes have her with blonde hair!

That mostly has to do with Amano's style and his preference for blonds... Tina and Celes are blond, as is Edgar, Sabin, as well as Lock, Tifa originally had... white hair, I think...

C-A

All fanart tho has her in pink hair
which is more popular
---
"Referring to a hermaphrodite as "it" is offensive. We have a very diverse community here and it's directly offensive to them." Gfaqs Admin
#27CatMutoPosted 8/9/2014 10:28:28 AM
VegaGG posted...
which is more popular

Tina with pink hair?

C-A
---
"Yahoo! Yeah, you bastards worked out who the totally-not-obvious killer was! Good going there, you frickin' geniuses!" - Monokuma, DRAT
#28tommy101Posted 8/14/2014 7:16:20 AM
CatMuto posted...

C-A

Oh right, that said, if they follow Amano's designs, there would be too many blondes, I mean Final Fantasy V would have Lenna, Faris and Kirie, so pink, purple and blonde mix things up a bit more, blonde Lenna looks older than pink Lenna, but I think that's actually more the drawing style as well!

I think of Tina has having green hair than blonde, but again, sprites, and actually looking at sprites, her hair kinda looks a bit grey, that said, not 100% sure if she's officially blonde or green haired, as Final Fantasy wikia start off saying "an eighteen-year-old woman with mint green hair", but then say her concept artwork and baby sprite have blonde hair, that said, it probably is blonde, as she's had more appearances with that hair colour!

Yeah, I've seen that picture of Tifa, I just thought Amano hadn't coloured the hair, just focused on the clothing, I'm surprised that FF Wikia don't list hair colour in the table at the top of the page, oh..., I'm just under a month older than Tifa! There's a couple of Amano concepts that have white hair, I mean although Lenna is described as a blonde, looks white to me, and there's one for Tina too!

Actually, unless I'm now looking for/seeing colours that aren't there, Rydia (child) has blonde hair image too, same goes for Porom, unless they were just trying to better differenciate between Porom and her brother!

VegaGG posted...
which is more popular

She looks amazingly cute with pink hair, and feel that matches her personality, although it has been sometime since I played FFV, so perhaps I should play that next, seen as I finally finished Lightning Returns recently (four months -off and on, stuck on the final form of the final boss), that said, I should also get back to FFIV: The After Years at somepoint too, and now that I have an empty PSone memory card, I could go back to FFVII again!

She could also be the basis of character by a mangaka according to FF Wikia, as the mangaka's a fan of FFV, and there are apparently visual similarities between the character and Lenna's sprite design, oh, and there's the name! Her appearance in Theatrhythm/Airbourne Brigade looks pretty cool, it's a combination of her sprite look, and her concept clothes, but in sprite colours!

CatMuto posted...
Tina with pink hair?

C-A

Believe that was reference to Lenna!