Funny theory - Seeresses>=L'Cie (spoilers)

#1thefernusPosted 8/22/2014 5:29:15 AM(edited)
Might fit better on the XIII-2 board, but since this one is much more active at this point and I assume most here have played XIII-2... is it possible that seeresses like Yuel and Serah have equal or greater magical and even physical potential compared to L'Cie? It's not spelled out at all what abilities they have besides seeing the future but even the non-experienced Serah has some juicy feats -

-survives a direct blow from Atlas if you fail at a Live Trigger
-destroys a multi-ton block of rubble Atlas is swinging at you by shooting an arrow at it if you succeed at a Live Trigger
-takes direct hits from Caius' Blast Wave on 2 separate occasions without being KOed
-takes a Giga Flare from Jet Bahamut and is quickly back up ready to fight after Lightning encourages her and Noel
-seems like she only expects to be wounded, not dead from being impaled through the chest by Caius at first (she just goes 'Caius stabbed me, but there's no wound', and only starts thinking she might be dead after taking in the weirdness of the situation)
-(questionable) survives getting crushed by a multi-ton block of rubble swung by Atlas if you fail a Live Trigger (arguable that they are teleported out of the way before it hits, but the noises she and Noel make sound like they got hit)
-flips 20 feet through the air during a cutscene
-is able to fight on even footing alongside L'Cie Snow against Royal Ripeness
-destroys Proto Fal'Cie Adam at least twice in a row with Noel
-battles on even footing alongside Noel against numerous gigantic creatures like Atlas, Royal Ripeness, Adam, Bahamuts, Long Gui, Ochu, Immortal, Behemoths, various giant Cieth, etc.
-helps defeat Gogmagog an 'ancient evil sealed by the sacrifice of numerous mages' or something that THE DAY AFTER SETTING OUT ON HER ADVENTURE
-(gameplay only,but fits with the rest) jumps multiple stories off ledges and lands on her feet and continue running like nothing
-(gameplay only) arguably defeats Long Gui more easily with Noel than the FF XIII party...

Also, one of the past Yuels was the only one capable of sealing away one of the giant Cieth who Serah and Noel fight. Based on this, could a crazy Asura's Wrath-style prequel be made about a Yuel who developed her combat abilities from an earlier age than Serah did?

YUEL'S WRATH.
#2tam4g0Posted 8/22/2014 8:12:36 AM
-destroys a multi-ton block of rubble Atlas is swinging at you by shooting an arrow at it if you succeed at a Live Trigger

Coz Mog is awesome

-takes a Giga Flare from Jet Bahamut and is quickly back up ready to fight after Lightning encourages her and Noel

Lightning's encouragement >>> Giga flare

-is able to fight on even footing alongside L'Cie Snow against Royal Ripeness

Coz Snow's letting her keep up with him... you won't want to make your gf look bad

Also, one of the past Yuels was the only one capable of sealing away one of the giant Cieth who Serah and Noel fight.

Well, Caius was probably the one who fought the giant Cieth
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls 2, Ryu ga Gotoku Ishin
#3inkubus922Posted 8/22/2014 9:22:53 AM
Just my opinion, but I say yeah, it's possible for their power to exceed the l'cie or wutever it is; they never give much detail about what else the seeresses can do, so who knows, but regardless, I agree mog is awesome and, as a IX fan, I like to think he's an eidolon in this as well.
#4tommy101Posted 8/22/2014 10:34:43 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5tommy101Posted 8/22/2014 10:42:57 AM
Saw this earlier, but thought I'd see what others said, and plus I had things to do instead, I agree with quite a bit with tam4g0: Serah being able to destroy a multi-ton block of rubble swung at Serah by Atlas was possibly Mog's doing; Lightning's words of encouragement allowed her to shake-off the Giga Flare, just think of it as if Lightning's encouragement was a phoenix down, hell, maybe all those features in the Knight of Etro outfit were white Chocobo feathers ;)!

As for equal footing against his Royal Ripeness, yeah it could be Snow didn't want to show up his girlfriend, seen as she'd turned up with another bloke, who, could have been the new Mr. Serah Farron, if Snow made any bad judgements, but I think it would have been a bit different if Serah was fighting against Snow, rather than with Snow, plus Snow had been battling his Royal Ripeness, ever since he arrived, so he could have been quite worn down!

Personally I think surviving a failed live trigger in battle was just them trying to keep the game going, I mean I know when I started, I wasn't all that great at in-battle live triggers, again I feel the same can be said for Serah surviving two Blast Waves, or it could be hero's determination; I can't die until I've done what I set out to do!

I think the idea that Serah expects to be wounded rather than dead when impaled by Caius, is probably that Serah's in shock, she wakes up, alone, disorientated (the game tries to emulate this, with running disabled for a while, and I'm sure the "colours" are a bit different), she immediately thinks "I've been stabbed, but how am I standing up? Hang on, why is there not a wound? Right, so no wound, no pain, COULD I BE DEAD? Everything does look the same, but slightly different!

As for flips 20 feet through the air during a cutscene, that's just dramatic effect, and normal humans, like Tidus have probably done it too, although that said, Tidus is a sports person, and is technically an idea, and when people believe an idea, it can become very powerful! I'm trying to think of ordinary humans in Final Fantasy, Kain? He jumps high, or at least on the PSP version, and any other SNES based ports, and the SNES itself :D, or is the argument for him, that he's not an ordinary human, but a dragoon?

In relation to destroying the Proto Fal'Cie Adam, I don't really have anything, other than the possibility that it was created by man, and usually man's creations do not exceed man's power, although that said, it did then kill the people it created, and develop itself! Still Serah and Noel didn't actually defeat Adam, until Serah caused a paradox, until then, Adam would re-generate itself many times over, with various theories as to how this was done!

As for the fact Serah battles on even footing alongside Noel against numerous gigantic creatures, other than Mog, and the idea the Seeress does have enhanced abilities, I've not nothing, yes, ordinary human Noel may be, but he is the last, and from a dangerous age, plus he was trained by Caius!

In relation to the fact Serah helps defeat Gogmagog THE DAY AFTER SETTING OUT ON HER ADVENTURE, that was really only part of its body, and plus was probably weaken trying to break through the seal, so coupling those two facts together, Gogmagog would not have been at full strength!

That's all I'll post for the moment, as I'm going to run out of space! Might comment on the gameplay points at a later date! Still, it is possible the Seeress is equal to or greater than a L'Cie, if you think of the pecking order you have, Bhunivelze --> Lindzei, Pulse and Etro --> Fal'Cie, with Etro making Seeresses, and Fal'Cie making L'Cie!
---
The Tenth Doctor: It used to be easy ... you could hop between realities, home in time for tea.
#6tommy101Posted 8/22/2014 10:43:53 AM
Used the wrong tag, and I don't seem to be able to edit posts!
---
The Tenth Doctor: It used to be easy ... you could hop between realities, home in time for tea.
#7Strider102Posted 8/22/2014 12:50:35 PM
Everything listed is your typical video game nonsense.

You're looking way to far into it.
---
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed IV
Waiting for: KH HD 2.5, MGSV:TPP
#8thefernus(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 9:31:00 PM
Strider102 posted...
Everything listed is your typical video game nonsense.

You're looking way to far into it.

But Yuel's Wrath would be a great game idea.

You could control Caius' first Yuel and it turns out Yuel died changing the future to save Caius.
#9IightningzPosted 8/22/2014 10:05:31 PM

People are still saying Yuel... I don't get it. Isn't Yeul stated many times in the subs?
---
Lightning Collection: http://imgur.com/a/ibrsD#0
Tumblr: http://kaiho-sha.tumblr.com/