Quick run through of how to stealth the bank solo.

#1BDSMPosted 8/12/2013 3:00:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxVlkFi72kA

Sorry for the video quality. I'm using OBS for the first time.

Anyone know why it's so grainy? Should i reduce the capture resolution down from 1680x1050 (native monitor rez) when I record?
---
Games I've played where you have non-consensual sex with your step-sister while half drowning her in a kitchen sink: 1
#2Jal402Posted 8/12/2013 6:07:24 PM
Thanks for the tutorial, I'll have to give that run a try.

As for the grainy video, I think that's in the video encoding. Go into OBS->Settings->Encoding and find Max Bitrate. I think it's something like 2000kb/s by default. Raise this to something like 8000 or even higher if you've got the storage for it. You'll have to find a nice balance between quality and acceptable file size.
---
I don't have a sig I should get one,
#3gohobojoePosted 8/12/2013 6:09:33 PM(edited)
...Is there a way to check the fps while the game is going?

It feels like the game has low fps but I'm sure if it's just me or if there's something with the game.
---
"My name isn't Slick. It's Zoidberg. JOHN ****ING ZOIDBERG!" - Zoidberg, Futurama
#4PorterPosted 8/12/2013 6:29:08 PM
gohobojoe posted...

It feels like the game has low fps but I'm sure if it's just me or if there's something with the game.

Not sure about a method built in-game, but the EVGA precision tool works fine for FPS. It runs at a solid 120 FPS (using 120HZ displays) for me which isn't surprising with the low requirements.
---
PSN: Zyvoximus || PC: 3770K, 8GB 2133, SLI 680 4GB, 512GB Samsung 830 SSD, 2x4TB HDD || Laptop: MSI GT60, i7-3610 CPU, 16GB, 680m 4GB, 1TB+750GB HDD
#5BDSM(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 7:43:09 PM
gohobojoe posted...

I got that feeling too when I played, but when I checked with fraps it was at 60 FPS with vsync.

Sometimes the movement just feels off for me when I'm turning, might be slight mouse lag or something.
---
Games I've played where you have non-consensual sex with your step-sister while half drowning her in a kitchen sink: 1
#6gohobojoePosted 8/12/2013 7:49:34 PM
Actually, has anyone noticed that in the menu, the mouse movement seems very sensitive?
---
"My name isn't Slick. It's Zoidberg. JOHN ****ING ZOIDBERG!" - Zoidberg, Futurama
#7SylentKnightPosted 8/12/2013 11:00:21 PM
Fantastic video BDSM, quality aside. Plenty of noteworthy tips and tricks. Thank you for taking your time to make it.
#8superdubesPosted 8/13/2013 2:23:50 PM
Use dxtory to record. It's cheap and better than fraps. It'll also record your voice on a separate audio channel if you want it too.

Also, use the lagarith lossless codec for video recording.

You can even link it with obs to stream on twitch. If you want to see the video quality click my YouTube channel in my sig and watch any of my Alan Wake videos.

Just know that if you plan on recording at 720p or higher the file sizes are pretty big.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/mastertwinkie
#9gohobojoePosted 8/13/2013 11:11:23 PM
I found out.

There's an issue with ATI cards.

Quoted from Hopfrogg on the steam forums...
It's not you, it's the game.

ATI users are having this problem en masse.

The only resolution that works for me is the default one 1152x658 and it looks like crap at that resolution.

Hopefully a fix comes soon, but I have not found a way to work around it other than playing at that resolution. Even if you go lower than that, the problem pops back up.

---