Why can't AI carry bags?

#1bookwormzzzzPosted 8/16/2013 11:45:04 AM
It sucks when everything goes according to plan and yet a mission is extended by 20+ minutes all because you have to make 3,6, or 10+ trips. I guess this isn't really a topic, just raging. I hope I am missing something obvious and that they can carry loot somehow.
---
I AM THE EX-CE KING!
#2friendo87Posted 8/16/2013 12:00:49 PM
Because they're too stupid.
#3kennyynnooPosted 8/16/2013 12:04:49 PM
They're just mass murderers, I've been playing SP, my advice grab a bag chuck it half way over and over makes the distance shorter to fight. Once the cops come.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#4lil_mocchiPosted 8/16/2013 1:11:39 PM
they forgot the I in AI
---
PSN:kropodra
put on your metal gear, prepare to take your mark ive got mad game like up up down down left right left right B A select start
#5CurtisC925Posted 8/16/2013 1:39:02 PM(edited)
This and people who do not drop their Ammo or Medkits. I have failed many many heists because I had zero ammo to defend myself. I can even see my teammates struggle to fight off the enemy when they have none ether.

They need more commands with R2 to communicate requests to your team.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/CurtisC87
http://gifsoup.com/account/CurtisC1987
#6DragynRyderPosted 8/16/2013 2:30:05 PM
the bag one is kinda criminal though, seriously why not point at the bag, hit R2 and teammate grabs it, point at the getaway , hit R2 and bam there he goes. one less bag out of 6. I love this game but this is one aspect that just kills it. I know I know its a co-op game but come on some of this is very rudimentary AI programming.

Lately I've been opting out of using the A.I. at all, if I gotta do everything by myself I might as well do EVERYTHING.
#7aalniusPosted 8/16/2013 4:35:56 PM
DragynRyder posted...
the bag one is kinda criminal though, seriously why not point at the bag, hit R2 and teammate grabs it, point at the getaway , hit R2 and bam there he goes. one less bag out of 6. I love this game but this is one aspect that just kills it. I know I know its a co-op game but come on some of this is very rudimentary AI programming.

Lately I've been opting out of using the A.I. at all, if I gotta do everything by myself I might as well do EVERYTHING.

i wouldn't mind if they ahd it to force you to go onto multiplayer if the multiplayer worked but alas i have to hope that someone manages to join my lobby randomly as i havn't been able to join other lobbies since game release
---
http://dotabuff.com/players/89497302
http://iforez.olf.sgsnet.se/dotastats/89497302/
#8Runner_stylePosted 8/20/2013 1:54:34 PM
Missed this in the first payday as well. Just wish they added a close by command wheel so you can order AI around properly.

People have defended the lack of abDragynRyder posted...

A.I might be absolutely pathetic, but it's best to run with them though, they make for good meat shields, and revive you when needed.

It would be nice if they offered a command wheel where you can micromanage them (as long as they're close to you, rather than you commanding them while you sit at the other side of the map out of the action.

I know no one asked this, but on the framed, frame mission as solo for the first day (at the museum) go onto the roof and scout the area for the 'sold' tags, drop down into the building (room with the covered exhibit, so you take minimal damage) goto the paintings, pull them off the wall, then drop them on the floor. Do the same for the remaining paintings then you won't have to worry about the alarm going off, and the displays being locked. This will also save you time from having to break your way though the security door, and hacking the computer to unlock the exhibits.

A little tip as compensation for crappy A.I :P
---
I'm like herpes. I might disappear for awhile, but I'll come back.