"- Free Content Updates"

#1LordBowserPosted 11/5/2012 8:15:09 PM
Just in case anyone is misled by this, development on Terraria ended a long time ago. This line is a lie or at least a mistruth since there won't be any more content updates. Don't get your hopes up, they will get shattered.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#2jumper1234Posted 11/5/2012 10:38:38 PM
This version is getting New content that might not come to PC
---
Waiting for: Retro City Rampage (XBLA), Terraria (XBLA)
3DS FC: 3652-1930-9604
#3FinixsoftPosted 11/14/2012 2:16:27 AM
The guy who made terraria isn't making any more content. The team making it for consoles will. Lock this thing so you don't look the fool.
---
If you don't feed a troll attention eventually it starves to death. Forgive my spelling. Fat fingers, small phone.
#4JustJimmelPosted 12/5/2012 5:37:15 AM
Finixsoft posted...
The guy who made terraria isn't making any more content. The team making it for consoles will. Lock this thing so you don't look the fool.

I think it's too late for that.
---
NEW "WWE '13" PS3 Online League:
http://fcw4real.freeclanforum.com/
#5OofreakoOPosted 1/2/2013 12:47:04 PM
this is probably one of those pc elitist people that are saying things like "i'm boycotting terraria cause it's coming out on consoles!" so he's trying to convince himself he's right about no new content. have any of you seen the thread about terraria 360 on the official forums? it's HILARIOUS.
---
The ocean floor is hidden from your viewing lens.
#6LordBowser(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 7:34:58 PM
Finixsoft posted...

This is so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin. The people making the console version, at best, might add a fun item or two to make the Xbox version feel 'special' or 'unique'. They aren't going to develop any serious additions to the game.

They are only moving the game to the Xbox. I can't fathom how you would think they are going to do development on this game beyond that.

OofreakoO posted...
this is probably one of those pc elitist people that are saying things like "i'm boycotting terraria cause it's coming out on consoles!" so he's trying to convince himself he's right about no new content. have any of you seen the thread about terraria 360 on the official forums? it's HILARIOUS.

I'm not a PC elitist. Where are you drawing this ignorant conclusion from? Did you try reading my name before posting this message? That might give you a hint that I enjoy consoles more than PC gaming.

---

Overall, I'm not implying anything except that which was posted in the original post. The development of Terraria is done. This version is not going to be continued while the PC version is not. The only thing the company developing this will do is port it over and perhaps add a flavor item or two.

Terraria is a great game. Sure, it was ended long before its time, but it was a great game. I have no doubt this will be worth the price its listed for (most likely $10), I just wanted to warn people who think this will have continued development to not get their hopes up, as they will be shattered.

Unfortunately, I keep forgetting that I'm posting on Gamefaqs. Logic and reason has no place here, and anything even remotely friendly or kind sure as hell doesn't.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#7OofreakoOPosted 1/9/2013 12:40:47 PM
it's a whole new company/developer making it. do you honestly think it's gonna be a straight port and they are just gonna drop it and move on to something new? the only logical conclusion is...this new company is making the game and will give us new stuff. we might have to pay for it as dlc, it might come as a free update...but we will have new/different stuff from the pc.
---
#8FinixsoftPosted 1/10/2013 1:39:02 AM
LordBowser posted...
Finixsoft posted...

This is so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin. The people making the console version, at best, might add a fun item or two to make the Xbox version feel 'special' or 'unique'. They aren't going to develop any serious additions to the game.

They are only moving the game to the Xbox. I can't fathom how you would think they are going to do development on this game beyond that.

OofreakoO posted...

I'm not a PC elitist. Where are you drawing this ignorant conclusion from? Did you try reading my name before posting this message? That might give you a hint that I enjoy consoles more than PC gaming.

---

Overall, I'm not implying anything except that which was posted in the original post. The development of Terraria is done. This version is not going to be continued while the PC version is not. The only thing the company developing this will do is port it over and perhaps add a flavor item or two.

Terraria is a great game. Sure, it was ended long before its time, but it was a great game. I have no doubt this will be worth the price its listed for (most likely $10), I just wanted to warn people who think this will have continued development to not get their hopes up, as they will be shattered.

Unfortunately, I keep forgetting that I'm posting on Gamefaqs. Logic and reason has no place here, and anything even remotely friendly or kind sure as hell doesn't.

505 studios says they will have more info on additional content early 2013. You are assuming too much by saying they will only add little to no content. You can be pessimistic just dont go around thinking you know stuff you obviously dont. Also we know they already added some things like the whale. Man im trying so hard to not be a dick to you lol. Oh well. We will just have to wait and see what is going to happen.
---
If you don't feed a troll attention eventually it starves to death. Forgive my spelling. Fat fingers, small phone.
#9FinixsoftPosted 1/24/2013 4:35:31 PM
LordBowser posted...
Just in case anyone is misled by this, development on Terraria ended a long time ago. This line is a lie or at least a mistruth since there won't be any more content updates. Don't get your hopes up, they will get shattered.

Sooooo......
---
#10OofreakoOPosted 1/28/2013 6:07:33 PM
so how about that new armor? and weapons? and bosses? and pets?

o wait, they aren't gonna add new stuff i forgot.

...cough
---