Was invaded...now have issue with Arms dealer (slight spoilers)

#1GeddenPosted 4/1/2013 7:06:11 AM
So like 4 people came into my world and before I knew to shut it down they stole a bunch of s***.

One of them took the gun I originally got from destroying the first shadow orb. Arms dealer was killed in the last goblin invasion. He won't respond because I no longer have a gun. I destroyed another orb but no gun.

Any suggestions on getting a gun so another arms dealer will spawn?
---
"Happiness makes up for in height for what it lacks in length."
#2NeoNaviZeroPosted 4/1/2013 7:21:09 AM(edited)
The only "guaranteed" way that comes to mind is to enter the dungeon and open locked golden chests until you find a Pistol.

Otherwise, smashing more Shadow Orbs has a chance of getting another Musket.

You could of course always get one from some other player, too.

EDIT: Assuming it hasn't changed from the PC version, he'll also spawn if you simply have ammunition (bullets) in your inventory. If they left any of that, carry it around. :)
---
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams
#3Gedden(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 7:20:13 AM
I may do the other player route. Thanks for the tips!
---
#4GamingFoolDanPosted 4/1/2013 7:25:31 AM
The first shadow orb on any map always drops a musket, If it were me I'd go start a new small world just to smash a shadow orb. Also I got raided too one, not as badly as you by the sounds of it. I'd recommend always playing inv only.
#5Gedden(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 7:31:01 AM
Definitely lesson learned the hard way. Frankly in hindsight I should've known better when it was four people joining almost at the same time. The most annoying items they took were EVERYONE of my gems--ugh.

Somehow it made it worse that the gear they had on was already well advanced than my own.
---
#6Destiny_BreakerPosted 4/1/2013 7:46:32 AM
Invite only.
---
Heart Gold 4727-1549-3910
Platinum: 3094 3630 9173
#7ZachCooperPosted 4/1/2013 8:00:55 AM
is there even a searching/matchmaking thing in the game. I figured only my friends could actually join.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag - Zach Cooper FBI
#8DesertionsPosted 4/1/2013 8:02:45 AM
Destiny_Breaker posted...
Invite only.

Ill be a nice guy,
Want a superior musket free?
I feel like being nice,

Add pbm mystic and invite me to a blank world
#9Relient_DPosted 4/1/2013 8:06:21 AM
ZachCooper posted...
is there even a searching/matchmaking thing in the game. I figured only my friends could actually join.

leaderboards
#10FurioPosted 4/1/2013 8:07:47 AM
GamingFoolDan posted...
The first shadow orb on any map always drops a musket, If it were me I'd go start a new small world just to smash a shadow orb. Also I got raided too one, not as badly as you by the sounds of it. I'd recommend always playing inv only.

This looks like good advice. Also, keep your best stuff in the piggy bank (also I guess, emergency items like one gun)!