Today's Update

#11Sagely(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 9:38:08 AM
Greatly appreciated.

If they really fixed the rainbow rod crash as well as the wiring/pumps crashes I'd be very happy with this update, everything else I've tried out and seems pretty great. If I had known about this I wouldn't have removed all my creations that dashboarded me every time they were turned on, but should be fun rebuilding them knowing it won't crash my game.

Too bad they didn't fix the guide auto crafting thing, happens to me nearly every time I forget a recipe, but it's easily avoided.
---
GT: Sagelystoner
I love helping people, but please send a message before randomly friending/inviting me or it will most likely be deleted.
#12icebeezyPosted 5/1/2013 10:01:47 AM
Seven_Zombis posted...
Probably your standard 3mb xblive update, they happen if you played 5 or more game since terraria.

Every game you own will do that if you have not played it recently.

you are incredibly misinformed. the updates have nothing to do with how often you play the games. It sounds like maybe you clear the cache on your hard drive frequently. The cache is where title updates are saved and if you are frequently clearing your cache, you are erasing your title updates, causing you to have to re-download them when you try to play the game associated with them. there is nothing particularly wrong or harmful in clearing your cache often, although the cache only really needs to be cleared if you are troubleshooting. hope this helps alleviate any confusion you may have had on the issue
---
GT: VERO FOX
#13icebeezyPosted 5/1/2013 10:02:26 AM
Geist posted...
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/microsoft-x360-global-patch-now-live.99456/

There you go, full list of fixes.

thanks for the link!
---
#14Seven_ZombisPosted 5/1/2013 10:45:22 AM
Misinformed Huh?
I clear my cache about once a year, and I play about 10 games a week, when you cycle through enough games, download will be avaiable for that game. whether it is a content checking update, or actual data, it is still there.

These are NOT title updates, the title updates for most games do not fall within the average 3-4 mb per cache update.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/8/t/5038.aspx

Apparently this is caused by a full cache, not by constantly emptying it.
But this is still based off of how many games the xbox has currently registered in "current" memory, as it deletes cache data after the games has not been used for a while.

That, and I did not have any update for terraria this morning, it was not until about an hour after I posted that I got my game to update, so what I was saying was just speculation anyway.
#15stepinstonesPosted 5/1/2013 11:36:23 AM
Seven_Zombis posted...
Misinformed Huh?
I clear my cache about once a year, and I play about 10 games a week, when you cycle through enough games, download will be avaiable for that game. whether it is a content checking update, or actual data, it is still there.

These are NOT title updates, the title updates for most games do not fall within the average 3-4 mb per cache update.

But this is still based off of how many games the xbox has currently registered in "current" memory, as it deletes cache data after the games has not been used for a while.

That, and I did not have any update for terraria this morning, it was not until about an hour after I posted that I got my game to update, so what I was saying was just speculation anyway.

^^^
This
---
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/9354443/ - Im a Furry and i get all dem ladies. You jelly bro?
Shut up, Wade. Im having a Romantic situation with a dinosaur!!!
#16GeistPosted 5/1/2013 11:41:15 AM
Seven_Zombis posted...
Misinformed Huh?

God forbid you just say "sorry I was wrong".
---
Currently playing : Batman A.C.
#17icebeezyPosted 5/1/2013 12:20:32 PM
Geist posted...
Seven_Zombis posted...
Misinformed Huh?

who me? i wouldnt say i was completely wrong but yeah this is also true. didnt know about this. sorry it took me so long to respond, been playing blood dragon
---
#18icebeezyPosted 5/1/2013 12:22:31 PM
Seven is definitely not misinformed lol my bad. im a dick sometimes
---
#19Seven_ZombisPosted 5/1/2013 12:40:17 PM
icebeezy posted...
Geist posted...
Seven_Zombis posted...
Misinformed Huh?

who me? i wouldnt say i was completely wrong but yeah this is also true. didnt know about this. sorry it took me so long to respond, been playing blood dragon

Blood dragon looks awesome, trippy as hell :)
Wish I had Farcry 3 for it.
#20icebeezyPosted 5/1/2013 12:58:28 PM
you dont need far cry 3. its a standalone game. supposed to be kinda short though. like 8 hrs
---