Info on the 1.2 Update for Console

#1monty2589Posted 10/19/2013 2:41:05 AM
For all the people that are wondering when 1.2 will release on console, here is a link discussing it. I thought it would be much later than what the article says, but we will wait and see.

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/the-terrarian-times-issue-14.109528/
#2z_UndisplayedPosted 10/19/2013 11:44:55 AM
.....505Games has commented, in a PM to a TTT staff member, that the console versions of Terraria shall be receiving the ‘First Wave’ of the Terraria 1.2 update. By this they mean that the first ‘chunk’ of 1.2 items, game mechanics and NPC’s (full list shall be released with the update) along with a code change from C#/XNA to C++ has been submitted to Sony and Microsoft for approval. If all goes well 505Games will have a release date in the next week or two.

.....In addition to this 505Games has stated that the update shall be FREE, although they have stated that they cannot comment on future updates and ‘wave’s’ just yet and only know about this one.

.....505Games has also stated that “since the Vita version has been confirmed to have Cross-Play” it will have the same 1.2 content that the PS3 version receives, further stating that the “game versions will match due to having the same source code.”

.....Since the Vita version has been confirmed to have Cross-Play, it will have the same 1.2 content that the PS3 version gets in these updates when it is released. The game versions will match due to having the same source code.
---
Eternal Darkness
Well, I found out my IQ is 150.
#3KerchakPosted 10/21/2013 12:41:32 PM
This pleases me... greatly.
---
Never argue with an Idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
#4TempestiumPosted 10/21/2013 12:57:40 PM
Kerchak posted...
This pleases me... greatly.

Same
---
GT: Tempestium
#5z_UndisplayedPosted 10/21/2013 6:15:09 PM
I like donuts.
---
Eternal Darkness
Well, I found out my IQ is 150.
#6punycats101Posted 10/25/2013 7:14:17 AM
i like pie
I'm gonna read this, 1.2 on the console will be very interesting.
---
I like pie
360 GT: punycats101
#7secretendermanPosted 10/27/2013 7:30:22 PM
I play oon pc alot mainly cause i gkt everything on consol but 1.2 is amazing i give yall warning on solar eclipse o.o
---
Gamertag:secretenderman
#8Master SplinterPosted 10/29/2013 12:23:52 PM
I played 1.2 a little on PC over the weekend. I used Inventory Editor so I could try out new items. There is just sooo much new stuff in it. It is nuts. I do prefer playing on console though because my left arm is messed up and it is hard for ,e to use a keyboard in a game. I have hooked up a 360 controller o my pc, but it isn't the same. I wish games that are on console and pc would have a console controller layout built in to switch to if wanted.
---
360/PS3. Befriend me if you wish: Gamertag/ PSN: Splinter MM. "Ignorance = language of GameFAQs" Myself
#9PrjcteightPosted 10/29/2013 2:38:13 PM
I find the Mouse/ Controller hybrid to be satisfactory. Left button for grappling hook and left trigger for jump. The rest should be obvious.

My only real complaint is the lack of auto-aim when mining. I got spoiled on console.
---
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. - Denis Diderot