Should I Wait till hard mode to open gold chests?

#1Julius_McfooPosted 10/19/2013 8:34:08 PM
Will there be better loot if I don't open them till hard mode, or does it matter? Thanks for any help
#2TempestiumPosted 10/20/2013 2:43:00 AM
The items will not change, go ahead and open them.
---
GT: Tempestium
#3XcavvvPosted 10/20/2013 8:55:09 AM
What about the hardmode pets? I found the hamster in a gold chest after hardmode that i left unopened.
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a filthy casual]
#4TempestiumPosted 10/20/2013 10:35:18 AM
Xcavvv posted...
What about the hardmode pets? I found the hamster in a gold chest after hardmode that i left unopened.

Not sure if that makes a difference either, the hamster may have always been there.
---
GT: Tempestium
#5XcavvvPosted 10/20/2013 12:17:51 PM
Tempestium posted...
Xcavvv posted...

Not sure if that makes a difference either, the hamster may have always been there.

I know for a fact that you can only get the slime and bat pre-hardmode. Therefore the other 3 only appear in hardmode. Wiki.
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a filthy casual]
#6IcobaltedgeIPosted 10/21/2013 8:20:02 PM
Xcavvv posted...
Tempestium posted...
Xcavvv posted...

I know for a fact that you can only get the slime and bat pre-hardmode. Therefore the other 3 only appear in hardmode. Wiki.

None of what you just said is true :/ I'm almost certain I've found slime and bats in hard mode. Also, hamster was the first pet I ever got, it was in literally about the 5th chest or so that I ever opened, also I think it was in a brown chest near the surface (pre-hardmode btw).

So yeah, pretty sure all the pets can be gotten at anytime, hard mode or not.
---
did, dod, dud, etc...