Should I Wait till hard mode to open gold chests?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. Should I Wait till hard mode to open gold chests?

User Info: Julius_Mcfoo

Julius_Mcfoo
3 years ago#1
Will there be better loot if I don't open them till hard mode, or does it matter? Thanks for any help

User Info: Tempestium

Tempestium
3 years ago#2
The items will not change, go ahead and open them.
GT: Tempestium

User Info: Xcavvv

Xcavvv
3 years ago#3
What about the hardmode pets? I found the hamster in a gold chest after hardmode that i left unopened.
[This message was deleted at the request of a filthy casual]

User Info: Tempestium

Tempestium
3 years ago#4
Xcavvv posted...
What about the hardmode pets? I found the hamster in a gold chest after hardmode that i left unopened.

Not sure if that makes a difference either, the hamster may have always been there.
GT: Tempestium

User Info: Xcavvv

Xcavvv
3 years ago#5
Tempestium posted...
Xcavvv posted...

Not sure if that makes a difference either, the hamster may have always been there.

I know for a fact that you can only get the slime and bat pre-hardmode. Therefore the other 3 only appear in hardmode. Wiki.
[This message was deleted at the request of a filthy casual]

User Info: IcobaltedgeI

IcobaltedgeI
3 years ago#6
Xcavvv posted...
Tempestium posted...
Xcavvv posted...

I know for a fact that you can only get the slime and bat pre-hardmode. Therefore the other 3 only appear in hardmode. Wiki.

None of what you just said is true :/ I'm almost certain I've found slime and bats in hard mode. Also, hamster was the first pet I ever got, it was in literally about the 5th chest or so that I ever opened, also I think it was in a brown chest near the surface (pre-hardmode btw).

So yeah, pretty sure all the pets can be gotten at anytime, hard mode or not.
did, dod, dud, etc...
  1. Boards
  2. Terraria
  3. Should I Wait till hard mode to open gold chests?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived