There is a 100% chance this will get ported to the PS3 and 360.

#291UlNinPosted 10/4/2012 10:22:20 AM
GreenKnight127 posted...
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa! STOP THE PRESSES!!! *pulls a nearby lever and all kinds of lights and sirens start blowing*

You don't even own a PS3 or Xbox 360???

Uh, no. Why would I? And you're only picking up on that now? d00d, I said as much in the previous reply, the one you called "very satisfying".

I dunno what your problem is - I'm trying to have an actual conversation here, but you keep going through my messages and purposely ignoring chunks of them, so that you can dramatically say GOTCHA! later on. Look, I've been pretty open about answering any question you've posed as completely as I can. Without dodging at all, or any of your histrionics and flailing of metaphorical limbs for emphasis. I guess I'm sorry[1] that my actions and behaviour don't fit into your crazy fever dream ideas of how I'm supposed to behave.

[1] Sorry for you that is.
---
TopFan88 - HR 40 - Look out uroktor
#292UlNinPosted 10/4/2012 11:08:35 AM
Hotel_Security posted...
The thing is Sony and MS can AFFORD to take a loss on console and game sales. They have their other businesses to pick up the console losses.

Just a point of clarification - while initial sales of XBox360's were at very substantial loss, my understanding is that current units are sold at profit. I've also heard that PS3 is hovering around break-even. Video games themselves tend to turn a profit. Unless you're Curt Schilling.

Incidentally, how substantial were the losses? For the XBox it was $150 on a $400 machine. A good thing for MS that they didn't sell as well as the Wii did. Anyways, the plan was to recoup those losses in software and peripherals - and while 2012 was a bad year overall, the plan has largely worked for MS as EDD has been one of MS' strongest performers, at least since the billion dollar RRoD writedown.

This brings up another interesting aspect of the end of this console cycle. The initial loss per unit on the PS3 was pretty staggering. Estimated at $250 on the $600 model and $300 on the $500 model. But coming off the performance of the PS2, they figured it was worth taking the gamble. Well, the PS3 is no PS2 and between that and non-existent Vita sales means their gaming division is hurting bad. And their other premium electronics had to weather the financial crisis downtown. Sony's financials aren't the greatest at this time - their 2011 FY saw a net loss of a quarter trillion yen[1], or over three billion dollars. With a B. So it's not clear if they'll be able to subsidize PS4 as heavily as PS3. Maybe they'll stall a year and go with a 2014 release, hopefully af.ter they manage to get more cash on hand. I dunno, like sworder, I don't work for Sony either.

[1] On gross revenue of around 7 trillion yen - a loss of about 4%.
---
TopFan88 - HR 40 - Look out uroktor
#293SublimeFan1990Posted 10/4/2012 11:59:54 AM
There is a 100% chance that it WILL NOT BE PORTED. it is NOT a timed exclusive. It is a Wii U exclusive and it will always stay that way. Nintendo has already confirmed that it will not be a timed exclusive, and that the only way you can play this game will be on their platform. They also confirmed that they have in house Nintendo devs working on the project as well, so there is absolutely no chance this game will come out on Sony or Microsoft platforms. but hey, you guys still get Bayonetta as a playable character in Anarchy Reigns :)
#294GreenKnight127(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 12:31:01 PM
SublimeFan1990 posted...
There is a 100% chance that it WILL NOT BE PORTED. it is NOT a timed exclusive. It is a Wii U exclusive and it will always stay that way. Nintendo has already confirmed that it will not be a timed exclusive, and that the only way you can play this game will be on their platform. They also confirmed that they have in house Nintendo devs working on the project as well, so there is absolutely no chance this game will come out on Sony or Microsoft platforms. but hey, you guys still get Bayonetta as a playable character in Anarchy Reigns :)

SO CLOSE TO 300 posts!!! C'mon guys!!!! *squeals*
#295Hotel_SecurityPosted 10/5/2012 11:18:11 AM
Uh, no. Why would I?

Quite true. Given that you rip on people who like challenging games it makes sense to avoid the consoles that those games are on.

but you keep going through my messages and purposely ignoring chunks of them

Yes, itís a common tactic. You should be quite familiar with it as you did this same thing to my post on Zelda before where you just made up things that I said.

I guess I'm sorry[1] that my actions and behaviour don't fit into your crazy fever dream ideas of how I'm supposed to behave.

Says the guy who criticized me for having ideas different from his own on the Zelda series. Funny how these arguments only apply to others and not you, yes?

BUURRRRRN!

Well, not really. And donít lie, dear. Youíre not really sorry.

Just a point of clarification - while initial sales of XBox360's were at very substantial loss, my understanding is that current units are sold at profit

Given the overall cost of allocated overhead for the initial R&D which is still allocated over the life of the product, they are most certainly not making profit. They may be able to produce them for profit now but the overall costs of making the machine is still a loss.

I've also heard that PS3 is hovering around break-even.

Did you now?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-03-hirai-sony-could-be-facing-serious-trouble

Video games themselves tend to turn a profit.

Youíre just filled with bad information, arenít you? A LARGE majority of games donít make any profit.

http://www.forbes.com/2008/11/21/games-eedar-developers-tech-ebiz-cx_mji_1121eedar.html?partner=yahootix

Incidentally, how substantial were the losses

Agree with the rest of it. Itís a mess but again, it should be noted that theyíre not trying to make a profit on theseÖjust to establish themselves as leaders in the industry. But the point was they can afford the losses in the games divisionÖNintendo canít.

Yeah, these idiot posts are just feeding your ego. Feel free to ignore them. Claiming youíre smarter than silly folks like this isnít say much. Strive for more than that.
#296GreenKnight127(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 6:57:33 PM
Hotel_Security posted...
Uh, no. Why would I?

Quite true. Given that you rip on people who like challenging games it makes sense to avoid the consoles that those games are on.

but you keep going through my messages and purposely ignoring chunks of them

Yes, itís a common tactic. You should be quite familiar with it as you did this same thing to my post on Zelda before where you just made up things that I said.

I guess I'm sorry[1] that my actions and behaviour don't fit into your crazy fever dream ideas of how I'm supposed to behave.

Says the guy who criticized me for having ideas different from his own on the Zelda series. Funny how these arguments only apply to others and not you, yes?

BUURRRRRN!

Well, not really. And donít lie, dear. Youíre not really sorry.

Just a point of clarification - while initial sales of XBox360's were at very substantial loss, my understanding is that current units are sold at profit

Given the overall cost of allocated overhead for the initial R&D which is still allocated over the life of the product, they are most certainly not making profit. They may be able to produce them for profit now but the overall costs of making the machine is still a loss.

I've also heard that PS3 is hovering around break-even.

Did you now?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-03-hirai-sony-could-be-facing-serious-trouble

Video games themselves tend to turn a profit.

Youíre just filled with bad information, arenít you? A LARGE majority of games donít make any profit.

http://www.forbes.com/2008/11/21/games-eedar-developers-tech-ebiz-cx_mji_1121eedar.html?partner=yahootix

Incidentally, how substantial were the losses

Agree with the rest of it. Itís a mess but again, it should be noted that theyíre not trying to make a profit on theseÖjust to establish themselves as leaders in the industry. But the point was they can afford the losses in the games divisionÖNintendo canít.

Yeah, these idiot posts are just feeding your ego. Feel free to ignore them. Claiming youíre smarter than silly folks like this isnít say much. Strive for more than that.

My ego died in Vietnam. Terrible things went down there.......

I still remember the look on this one kid's face when I randomly cooked his family breakfast....

"No Americannnn! You no foood famiry!" they said.

But I cooked them food anyways.

Culture shock. Something to do with rice and the position of the stars. Let's just say....it didn't end well.

*van explodes*