So Mass Effect 1 is coming to the PS3 in November......So Bayonetta 2....*grins*

#1GreenKnight127Posted 9/26/2012 8:51:03 AM
Everyone on the "Will Bayonetta 2 get ported!?!?!" threads have been using Mass Effect 1 as their shining example of a game that hasn't gone multiplatform due to publisher rights, etc.....and how Bayonetta 2 will NEVER get ported for the same reason.

Well.....this goes to show how unpredictable things are.

So yeah.

That is all.
#2potionsmasterPosted 9/26/2012 9:05:07 AM
Oooh nice :D (about both Mass Effect 1 and Bayonetta 2 having a slightly higher chance of being ported eventually)
---
The Official Glasses/Ignis of the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Boards
Final Fantasy XIII(-2) is awesome!
#3Non_AdoPosted 9/26/2012 9:06:07 AM
Mass Effect=/=Bayonetta2

The difference here is we have a series that had versions of the latter two games on both the PS3 and Xbox 360, and it started as an exclusive. Mass Effect 2 launched on the Xbox 360 first then was ported later. Let us not forget that it is being published by EA who can swallow the losses if there are any.

Bayonetta2 is a game that was on both systems first, but Sega did not have confidence in it and does not have the money to play around with it. They approached Nintendo to pay for the development and publishing rights of that game.

Yeah, I just have one final thing for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60IKlyAnhtk
#4potionsmasterPosted 9/26/2012 9:12:18 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5potionsmasterPosted 9/26/2012 9:17:14 AM(edited)
Non_Ado posted...
Mass Effect=/=Bayonetta2

The difference here is we have a series that had versions of the latter two games on both the PS3 and Xbox 360, and it started as an exclusive. Mass Effect 2 launched on the Xbox 360 first then was ported later. Let us not forget that it is being published by EA who can swallow the losses if there are any.

Bayonetta2 is a game that was on both systems first, but Sega did not have confidence in it and does not have the money to play around with it. They approached Nintendo to pay for the development and publishing rights of that game.

Yeah, I just have one final thing for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60IKlyAnhtk

The fact that Bayonetta 1 was multiplatform makes it all the more likely that it will get ported sooner or later, if you ask me. I don't think P* would want to "abandon" there original fanbase, and will find a way (/publisher) eventually.

For example, I could see a scenario happening where they made a deal that Nintendo would publish the WiiU version of the game, and Sega (or someone else) would publish the other versions, when the timed exclusive contract expired.

Still, I don't think the chances of Bayonetta 2 being ported are sky high, just a bit higher than they were.
---
The Official Glasses/Ignis of the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Boards
Final Fantasy XIII(-2) is awesome!
#61shadetail1Posted 9/26/2012 9:18:04 AM
potionsmaster posted...
The fact that Bayonetta 1 was multiplatform makes it all the more likely that it will get ported sooner or later, if you ask me. I don't think P* would want to "abandon" there original fanbase, and will find a way (/publisher) eventually.

Eh, maybe, but I still really doubt it. Nintendo is well known, for good or for bad, for keeping very tight control over their platforms and their first/second party games. Also, Platinum aren't "abandoning" the fanbase, because Bayonetta 2 will be available to everybody.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#7sworderPosted 9/26/2012 9:18:26 AM
lol great news

Clear evidence that Bayonetta 2 can be ported if Sega eventually wants to.
#8sworderPosted 9/26/2012 9:20:05 AM
1shadetail1 posted...
Eh, maybe, but I still really doubt it. Nintendo is well known, for good or for bad, for keeping very tight control over their platforms and their first/second party games. Also, Platinum aren't "abandoning" the fanbase, because Bayonetta 2 will be available to everybody.

Bayonetta 2 is neither first nor second party because Nintendo does not own it. It is still third party under an exclusivity contract.
#9magiciandudePosted 9/26/2012 9:42:08 AM(edited)
Except Microsoft never founded or had any input on Mass Effect 1, they only published the game. Same thing with the Ninja Gaiden games on the Xbox 360. It's an exclusive 3rd party game being published and developed by Nintendo, just like The Last Story.

And last I checked, Microsoft =/= Nintendo.
#10Non_AdoPosted 9/26/2012 9:40:44 AM
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/22/3371474/bayonetta-2-would-not-exist-without-nintendo-platinum-games-wii-u

Sega would not have published this game. Nintendo is paying for it and is publishing it.

Mass Effect was a gamble, so I can see why EA wanted a partner in publishing an unknown game.

Bayonetta is a known game developed by a known developer.

Sega sought out Nintendo to pay for everything because Platinum wanted to make the game, but Sega owns the rights to it and would not pay them to make it.

Nintendo is footing the bill and is publishing the game. Even the team behind the game said that it would not exist if it were not for Nintendo.

Just seeing how desperate people are to try to convince themselves that Sega will change their conservative publishing policy that they adopted to keep themselves from going 100% under just because a billion dollar publishing company is publishing a game that was once partnered up with another company. This is going a bit over the top.