cant play as jeanne :[

#11Werndan101Posted 7/8/2013 5:59:48 PM
Ixbran posted...
PhantomSoD posted...
I don't understand why people want to play as Jeanne? She just plays like Bayonetta with silver wicked weaves and different words. If anything that new sage would be awesome for some variety. I'd think people would want her
*Him

Given the character has well defined pectorals, a thick waist and angular hips, its safe to assume the Sage is male.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130614233743/bayonetta/images/a/aa/07013ed55a53c6ed082e6b03a67e8e88.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/bayonetta/images/0/03/Cb6a71b996708663d39b5652213a3899.jpg

But yes, I agree, I would much rather play as a character that had a different fighting style from Bayonetta. Jeanne is cool and all, but shes just more or less a re-skinned Bayonetta model.

If the Masked Lumen Sage was playable, I wonder how his fighting style would work. And if he would use angelic themed executions over Bayonetta's demonic themed ones. I imagine the Executions would be, more or less, the same. But the Sage's fighting style would be more unique via his double bladed lance.

I wouldn't mind seeing angelic executions myself.
---
Need help figuring out components for your gaming PC? Check this.
http://tinyurl.com/falconguide
#12IxbranPosted 7/8/2013 11:05:53 PM
i imagine that "Angelic" executions would be done in the style of how witches were killed during the witch hunts. a golden chain hanging noose would come down, wrap around enemies necks, and then jerk up into a glowing cloud, hanging them.

or a steak appearing and then slaming a demon into it, being wrapped up in rope and suddenly catching on fire, like burning a witch at the steak. Another i could see is a powerful back hand move, followed by the lumen sage pulling out a flask of holy water, dousing enemies and causing them to burn up.

Another would be to summon a giant cross and then crucify a demonic enemy onto it, nailing the monsters hands and feet onto it and making them explode after with holy energy.
#13Lacrymosa143Posted 7/9/2013 4:51:06 AM(edited)
Ixbran posted...
i imagine that "Angelic" executions would be done in the style of how witches were killed during the witch hunts. a golden chain hanging noose would come down, wrap around enemies necks, and then jerk up into a glowing cloud, hanging them.

or a steak appearing and then slaming a demon into it, being wrapped up in rope and suddenly catching on fire, like burning a witch at the steak. Another i could see is a powerful back hand move, followed by the lumen sage pulling out a flask of holy water, dousing enemies and causing them to burn up.

Another would be to summon a giant cross and then crucify a demonic enemy onto it, nailing the monsters hands and feet onto it and making them explode after with holy energy.

But that's the theme bayonetta has. All the things she uses for torture were ways that the witches were tortured and killed. Also now that I think about it, I don't want to play a sage for this reason. It's like playing a roman in a game that makes you sympathetic for the Celtics. Or a KKK man in a game about a black woman's cause.
#14TwilightEchoesPosted 7/10/2013 5:40:08 AM(edited)
In an interesting bit of trivia, remember those horse things that Bayoentta tortured Joys with? Those were an actual torture device. It's called Wooden Horse and the sharp angel the victim was forced to sit on inflicted long, sustained pain that becomes excrutiating after a bit. In some variations of the device, if you were on it long enough you'd be crippled for life.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#15IxbranPosted 7/11/2013 3:15:02 AM
Lacrymosa143 posted...
Ixbran posted...

But that's the theme bayonetta has. All the things she uses for torture were ways that the witches were tortured and killed. Also now that I think about it, I don't want to play a sage for this reason. It's like playing a roman in a game that makes you sympathetic for the Celtics. Or a KKK man in a game about a black woman's cause.

all of Jeanne's techniques are just her own variations of Bayonettas, so your statement is kinda untrue. I'm talking about, if your playing as the Sage, his executions would be done in styles involving the church. Crucifixions instead of an iron maiden, holy water instead of a guillotine, ect.

another unknown thing about the christian church is that int eh past, people would have to whip them selvs in the back for each sin they did during the day, just before bed. I could see one of the executions the Sage would do is pulling out a holy themed spiked whip, and beat an enemies back until it would explode in the fashion that is a monsters death in the Bayo series.

and who knows, maybe with bayos infernal demons betraying her, we may end up seeing comon demon enemies, like the angles. They have said the game will include two player co-op, so maybe the Sage and Bayonetta end up teaming to fight against both Angels and Demons. it would be pretty sweet.
#16Lacrymosa143Posted 7/11/2013 5:01:41 AM
Ixbran posted...
Lacrymosa143 posted...
Ixbran posted...

all of Jeanne's techniques are just her own variations of Bayonettas, so your statement is kinda untrue. I'm talking about, if your playing as the Sage, his executions would be done in styles involving the church. Crucifixions instead of an iron maiden, holy water instead of a guillotine, ect.

another unknown thing about the christian church is that int eh past, people would have to whip them selvs in the back for each sin they did during the day, just before bed. I could see one of the executions the Sage would do is pulling out a holy themed spiked whip, and beat an enemies back until it would explode in the fashion that is a monsters death in the Bayo series.

and who knows, maybe with bayos infernal demons betraying her, we may end up seeing comon demon enemies, like the angles. They have said the game will include two player co-op, so maybe the Sage and Bayonetta end up teaming to fight against both Angels and Demons. it would be pretty sweet.

But that is in Bayonetta 1. Why do they have to keep Jeanne the same? Bayonetta plays different now. Why not Jeanne?
#17IxbranPosted 7/11/2013 5:32:38 AM(edited)
maybe because we see Jeanne have her soul removed from her body and sucked into Inferno to suffer for all eternity? Its kinda hard to play as someone when they are, you know, dead.

Also Bayonnetta's fighting style hasn't changed. Shes just shown wielding new weapons, the Twin Swords and Whip Boots. It is Highly likely that her Love is Blue guns in Bayo2 will function exactly the same her her Scarborough Fair guns in Bayo1.

Again, Jeanne fights with the exact same fighting style, the Bullet Witch Arts, that Bayonetta does. Her demon pact, Madama Styx, functions exactly the same as Bayonetta's Madama Butterfly. There is very little, to almost no difference, between their play styles.

At least the Lumen Sage would offer something different and unique, Jeanne is just a re-skinned Bayonetta character model with a different voice programed too it, that's all.

I would rather play as another character, who plays differently from Bayonetta, than play as someone who's fighting style is the exact same as hers.
#18RagirothPosted 7/11/2013 8:45:11 AM
Wait when the hell was it confirmed you can't play as her?

If rather play as someone who's more unique from Bayonetta myself, but she's definitely better than nothing especially since she looks better now
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#19IxbranPosted 7/11/2013 3:46:29 PM
Its been stated that there will be two player co-op, but thats all we know. And from the trailer shown at E3, Bayonettas demon Gomorrah tries attacking Bayo from behind. Jeanne pushes Bayonetta out of the way of Gomorrah's attack. It results in her soul being knocked from her body.

after that hands reach up from the pits of Inferno, and drag Jeanne's soul down into hell, just like the hands did to the angel bosses from the first game.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130611161515/bayonetta/images/e/e7/Bayo_2_E3_24.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130611161538/bayonetta/images/a/ac/Bayo_2_E3_25.jpg

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130611161556/bayonetta/images/thumb/b/b6/Bayo_2_E3_26.jpg/640px-Bayo_2_E3_26.jpg

It ends up with a Boss battle against Gomorrah, and after the battle, the trailer ends with Bayonetta holding Jeanne's lifeless body.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130706050738/bayonetta/images/thumb/6/6d/Bayo2_-_Bayo_holds_Jeanne.jpg/640px-Bayo2_-_Bayo_holds_Jeanne.jpg

So yes, Jeanne dies and her soul is brought to the Inferno. I imagine half of the games story will involve Bayonetta possibly teaming up with the Lumen Sage, and entering the inferno, using the Sages holy powers to fight off demons, to get Jeanne's soul back.
#20Sinful_Desire(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 10:19:29 PM
itd be awesome storming into inferno with Rodin.