It's really upsetting that this will probably be Platinum's last game.

#11sworderPosted 10/18/2013 6:23:39 PM
lol wtf at this topic

Platinum Games keeps growing and growing, pretty sure they have over a hundred employees these days

They're clearly doing fine. They get payed no matter how much the games sell.
#12elite_marksmanPosted 10/19/2013 8:02:54 AM
sworder posted...
lol wtf at this topic

Platinum Games keeps growing and growing, pretty sure they have over a hundred employees these days

They're clearly doing fine. They get payed no matter how much the games sell.

This. When you have a small team that knows what they're doing, you don't need record breaking sales to turn a profit.

Granted, it's not like we know exactly how well they're doing financially, but we haven't heard anything that would make me think they're in trouble.
#13darkslayer001Posted 10/19/2013 4:04:13 PM
HeroBigShadow posted...
It seems that most people are confused at what PG does. To add more to the above post, PG does not own any IP. They are known for Bayo, but they do not own it. PG works on whatever game for the right price. These developers probably have more projects after they finish the current game. Maybe they got MGR sequel next .So basically, some company pays PG to work on a game. That company also gives them an IP and characters. PG works on it and gives the final game to the company that paid them.

well said
#14docman864Posted 10/19/2013 5:04:08 PM
There are a lot of people like TC on this board that don't really understand how business works.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#15LansfieldPosted 11/7/2013 12:43:18 AM
it's really upsetting considering Bayonetta is the most amazing video game character of all time. Ada Wong from Re 4 was good but she was ruined in RE 6 so Bayonetta would still be my best heroine ever.
#16MattDark86Posted 11/13/2013 5:28:30 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
I think they knew both Lost Planet 3 and Remember Me were gonna fail anyways so they didnt even care.

Which is a worrying thing if a company is happy to throw money at games they know wont sell well. Probably a good thing capcom didnt get hold of this, as they would try and ram as much DLC into the game as possible, and we may have ended up with another Asuras Wrath, with the end of the game locked behind a pay-wall.
---
"There is no E in HERE, learn to spell!" - Renomon (GameFAQ boards)
#17Dragoon_KailPosted 12/3/2013 7:33:02 PM
Platinum & grasshopper both should've gone under long ago, no both companies know how to smartly budget their games, get development times out shockingly fast, know where to cut corners & have quite possibly the greatest pitch men in the industry to keep getting publishers to greenlight their stuff

I will agree however they're only delaying the inevitible if they don't expand out of their niche development mindset, Platinum Games especially can be a tripple A studio (i don't see grasshopper ever amounting to much) between Kojima being hype over them & MGR being their bigest succus(any hope bayo had to rise higher got killed with the wiiU) They just need to focus on story, character development & getting the visuals up to snuff (no one plays last of us for just the gameplay) They got gameplay mastered & no one even comes close.

But hey, always kickstarter
---
"This is good, isn't it?" .....*cries* it is good Bigboss......John......it is good~! ; ;
#18lindaluvPosted 12/6/2013 11:52:31 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
toad133 posted...
PoppaKrogan posted...
I'm thankful to Nintendo for giving us this game, but honestly it's a shame that it HAD to be Nintendo to resurrect this game and not someone like Capcom or Sega who would make sure this game would sell (well Sega wouldn't, but atleast it would have been multiplat so there would be more sales)

Yes, Capcom did a supreme job promoting Lost Planet 3.

[sarcasm]

Heck. Capcom never even really promoted their work as Clover Studios. I only heard of God Hand because people wanted Gene in Marvel vs Capcom 3.

I think they knew both Lost Planet 3 and Remember Me were gonna fail anyways so they didnt even care.

Have you played Remember Me... its a pretty great game.
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Strider) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
MulaMadara : Deneb (25 - Sorc)
#19LiskerPosted 12/7/2013 8:07:04 PM
serpentaurus posted...
Now that Platinum is an independent game studio i really doubt it will die, no matter how bad the sales are (not that they have to worry about that TOO MUCH being Bayo2 and games 100% funded by Nintendo). This is practically a refunded Clover studio and they are free to do whatever they want, Sega has not shown similar behaviour to the f****ing corporate b****es that work at Capcom and killed Clover/megaman

Name one finished Clover game that Capcom tried to basically prevent from being released like Sega did with Anarchy Reigns. Don't defend the company that only cares about pandering to furries now.
#20Dark_N11Posted 12/8/2013 1:21:39 PM
Well PG will Probably work on MGR 2 .. also there is already rumors that MS moneyhatted PlatinumGames for an exclusive Xbox One game ..

and they also said they will work on iOS games ( iOS games are big in japan)