Does anyone know why this is on WiiU?(I'm not pissed just curious)

#112ILOVEFIRE21Posted 4/22/2014 2:28:04 PM
I didn't enjoy the first game enough to warrant me wanting this one so I'm not upset that it's on the WiiU but it seems odd that it went from PS3 and Xbox360 multiplatform to a WiiU exclusive. Did Nintendo buy the company that made Bayonetta?
---
The power sleeps within you, if you give it form, it will give you strength.
#2FireElmoPosted 4/22/2014 2:51:38 PM
Sega basically is in a financial crisis. Platinum was developing Bayonetta 2 for the PS3 and 360, but Sega had to restructure, and basically decided to focus on its main series, which lead to Bayonetta being cut. So in came Nintendo while working on W101, and decided to fund the game in exchange for exclusitivity on the Wii U since Platinum couldn't get anyone else to fund it and they needed a game to attract the hardcore crowd. So, hence, Wii U only and always.
---
"As Long As There's Music, I'll Keep On Dancing!!" ~Bayonetta
#3Sephivengeance9Posted 4/22/2014 7:55:55 PM
FireElmo posted...
Sega basically is in a financial crisis. Platinum was developing Bayonetta 2 for the PS3 and 360, but Sega had to restructure, and basically decided to focus on its main series, which lead to Bayonetta being cut. So in came Nintendo while working on W101, and decided to fund the game in exchange for exclusitivity on the Wii U since Platinum couldn't get anyone else to fund it and they needed a game to attract the hardcore crowd. So, hence, Wii U only and always.

Pretty much this, though, I'm not sure Platinum got the chance to approach other potential publishers first, it's more likely that Nintendo heard about it whilst The Wonderful 101 was being developed and made the offer there and then.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#4UncleGrubbyPosted 4/22/2014 11:11:44 PM
What's upsetting is that so many people who only own the Sony/MS machines are outraged despite the fact that a) the game wouldn't exist at all without Nintendo's money and b) Nintendo wouldn't have been required to fund it at all if the first game had sold well, which it didn't.
#5UbberDevilPosted 4/22/2014 11:19:03 PM
UncleGrubby posted...
What's upsetting is that so many people who only own the Sony/MS machines are outraged despite the fact that a) the game wouldn't exist at all without Nintendo's money and b) Nintendo wouldn't have been required to fund it at all if the first game had sold well, which it didn't.

it sold fairly well (a little over 1 mill for a new IP hack'nslash action game isn't bad). But they did expect it to do a hell of a lot better than that. Sega can be blamed for that since they f***ed up the PS3 port.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#6FireElmoPosted 4/23/2014 3:30:10 AM
Sephivengeance9 posted...
FireElmo posted...

Pretty much this, though, I'm not sure Platinum got the chance to approach other potential publishers first, it's more likely that Nintendo heard about it whilst The Wonderful 101 was being developed and made the offer there and then.

I agree with this and have always thought this. Plus there were a few articles that said Sega told Platinum to go directly to Nintendo and ask since they were collaborating with them on The Wonderful 101. I just can fathom that between publishers like Konami, Ubisoft, Activision, heck even EA, no one wanted to touch it.

UncleGrubby posted...

It actually sold pretty ok for a brand new IP. 1.35 million sold in like the first 3 months. Didnt even one of the bosses at Sega or Platinum comment on how happy they were with the sales? I honestly feel what really destroyed them was that horrid port on the PS3 and thats where a lot of the sales came from. That pretty much gave it a bad rep.

There is a lot of problems that can go into this. It is upsetting (granted death threats are just plain horrible extremely immature) that a sequel will go to a console that the predecessor wasnt on. I think Nintendo was planing on the Wii U being a much bigger success than it is now. Face it, if the person doesnt like playing Nintendo's first party IP's, the system is pretty much a waste at this point with that person and not worth 1 game at all, and thats fine for them to think that, they just have to accept that they miss out, which is why alot of the original fans are upset. Their fear that Nintendo wont bother promoting her (which lets face it after TW101 disaster anyone would be concerned, even Kamiya himself knew) and that really will be the complete end of Bayonetta. I think its not a horrible thing for the fanbase to say they would have rather waited a bit to get the sequel they can all play rather than a sequel on a console they have absolutely no interest in other than Bayonetta. Granted, Nintendo fans never made death threats, but look at articles relating Kingdom Hearts 3 on the Xbox One and read how much Microsoft bashing there is and how Nintendo fans "deserve" the game and how much it "belongs" on a Nintendo platform. People hate jumping sequels.

I think what JP said was a bit too harsh and one sided. Of course people are going to be begging for Bayonetta 2 on the console its direct predecessor was on. Its the original fanbase, thats just a given. And your going to have Nintendo fans bothering the heck out of Kamiya to get Bayonetta 1 since they didnt have it and want to play it. Heck how many F&%K You's have we seen out of Kamiya to the Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft fans regarding it?

But one thing I think its a bit of a red flag to Nintendo that people would rather you not fund the game to put on your system and to just wait it out until someone else comes along. Just how far have they fallen out with the non-Nintendo fanbase?
---
"As Long As There's Music, I'll Keep On Dancing!!" ~Bayonetta
#7serpentaurusPosted 4/26/2014 5:23:13 PM
fire elmo you are very intelligent unlike 80% of this board. props
---
Now playing: UMvC3, SSF4 AE 2012, Sonic Racing Transformed
#8OriginalGenPosted 4/26/2014 10:23:44 PM
serpentaurus posted...

You should see his other posts, this is a rare example of him speaking sensibly & except with the parts about P* "not being able to approach other companies" (which is BS but hey Anti-Nintendo flaming fanboys will cry & make up excuses) & Nintendo only hearing of Bayonetta during W101 development everything else is sound...wait that's all his comment was, never mind folks nothing to see here carry on.
---
Wii U NNID: Vorash_Kadan
#9Sephivengeance9Posted 4/27/2014 9:20:06 PM
OriginalGen posted...
serpentaurus posted...

You should see his other posts, this is a rare example of him speaking sensibly & except with the parts about P* "not being able to approach other companies" (which is BS but hey Anti-Nintendo flaming fanboys will cry & make up excuses) & Nintendo only hearing of Bayonetta during W101 development everything else is sound...wait that's all his comment was, never mind folks nothing to see here carry on.

Uh, I'm the one that said that. =/

And I say that because P* DID actually comment in an interview that after Sega refused to fund Bayonetta 2 that they actively suggested that P* should approach Nintendo, or something to that effect.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#10kyle78Posted 4/28/2014 3:36:36 PM
Actually platinum has decided, this wasn't a good idea. The silence proves multi plat.It'll be another rayman legends, just you watch !
---
X360-KyleHboc<>PSN-KyleHbocc<>STEAM-Kylehboc
You cant be a gamer,and suffer from fanboyism simultaneously...