Does anyone know why this is on WiiU?(I'm not pissed just curious)

#11blackhrtPosted 4/28/2014 5:02:41 PM
Well of course they approached Nintendo. They approached many other publishers and told them Bayonetta 2 was being developed.

Now no one knows who their premiere choice was. And really, they kind of had to adjust their agenda as they have went along. Platinum Games is a trooper. Many other people would give up.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#12OriginalGenPosted 4/30/2014 6:46:22 AM
Sephivengeance9 posted...
OriginalGen posted...
serpentaurus posted...
fire elmo you are very intelligent unlike 80% of this board. props

You should see his other posts, this is a rare example of him speaking sensibly & except with the parts about P* "not being able to approach other companies" (which is BS but hey Anti-Nintendo flaming fanboys will cry & make up excuses) & Nintendo only hearing of Bayonetta during W101 development everything else is sound...wait that's all his comment was, never mind folks nothing to see here carry on.

Uh, I'm the one that said that. =/

And I say that because P* DID actually comment in an interview that after Sega refused to fund Bayonetta 2 that they actively suggested that P* should approach Nintendo, or something to that effect.

Well if P* DID say that then you'd better provide a link proving as such because we don't go off of pure conjecture here on Nintendo forums. (which is one of the reasons I'm ignoring the ridiculous comment from kyle78 about Bayo2 going multiplat) Show you've got some brains OR some proof to back up your claim ok, & I know you didn't say what elmo posted, I was responding to your comment about what HE said that YOU had quoted...but I thought you would've been able to tell THAT MUCH at least.
---
Wii U NNID: Vorash_Kadan
#13IxbranPosted 5/2/2014 2:48:44 AM(edited)
kyle78 posted...
Actually platinum has decided, this wasn't a good idea. The silence proves multi plat.It'll be another rayman legends, just you watch !

Accept for the fact its Nintendo's money going into the development of the game. The chances of this going multi platform are just as likely as Zelda appearing on PS3, just asked Hideki of Platinum games

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/415737899326246913
Hideki Kamiya
It's supposed to mean what it says. If you want a PS3 version ask Nintendo. You might also want to ask for PS3 Zelda.

People who go around saying the game will eventually be ported to other systems are deluding them selves and others simply because they would rather play the game on their PS3/4's or Xboners. And they will likely continue lying to them self while those of us with Wii U's enjoy the game, or cave and buy a Wii U to play it.
#14Humanoid_SharksPosted 5/14/2014 9:47:53 PM
Because SEGA runs their business like a slow kid runs a lemonade stand in December. That is why P* had to resort to begging.
---
''In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.''
-Hunter S. Thompson
#15CholocandyPosted 5/16/2014 12:41:56 PM
Ixbran posted...
kyle78 posted...
Actually platinum has decided, this wasn't a good idea. The silence proves multi plat.It'll be another rayman legends, just you watch !

Accept for the fact its Nintendo's money going into the development of the game. The chances of this going multi platform are just as likely as Zelda appearing on PS3, just asked Hideki of Platinum games

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/415737899326246913
Hideki Kamiya
It's supposed to mean what it says. If you want a PS3 version ask Nintendo. You might also want to ask for PS3 Zelda.

People who go around saying the game will eventually be ported to other systems are deluding them selves and others simply because they would rather play the game on their PS3/4's or Xboners. And they will likely continue lying to them self while those of us with Wii U's enjoy the game, or cave and buy a Wii U to play it.

Bayonetta 2 is but one game. Even if it is a masterpiece, it doesn't deserve the horrible fate it will suffer on the Wii U, and it won't sell the Wii U all that much either. I would rather have seen the series end with respect and honour than see it's sequel go up on a failing console by a company whose target audience is families. Bayonetta 2 will die an even slower death than the Wii U, which is already shriveling, because of Platinum's stupid move and other publishers' negligence.

Also, the console you so casually and hatefully call the "Xboner" is, face it, better than the Wii U in every aspect. So is the PS4. Nintendo has surely funded Bayonetta 2 for Wii U, but there is no denying that other systems were an infinitely better match. Truth remains truth though, there is never going to be a port and nothing can be done about that. I just hope people forget this failure soon.

It will burn my heart to see people waste 300 dollars on a console with less than 10 prominent games just for Bayonetta 2. Some people never run out of money and foolishness, I suppose.
---
3DS FC is 2509-1729-8876. Please feel free to add and talk, up for anything when I'm online. Except fisting.
No fisting.
#16blackhrtPosted 5/16/2014 7:13:02 PM
Its implied Platinum Games was looking to get a publisher as soon as possible to meet the demand of a sequel. They didn't want to be like Diablo 3 or Duke Nukem Forever where it took 20years for a game. Not saying Bayonetta 2 would have taken 20years if they waited around, but the developer is trying to stay in front of the fanbase.

If anyone "feels" like they want to put some blame, blame Sega (as much as I hate to type that).
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."