Will this game be just as fanserce-y as the first game?

#11tapohPosted 4/30/2014 7:39:45 AM
Yeah, like I said. Burlesque. That's been around for quite awhile.

I will also say that plenty of video games try to be sexy (with varying success.) Plenty also try to be funny (also with varying success.) Bayonetta 1 was one of the few that was sexy and funny, successfully and for that I think it deserves some recognition.
---
"Fair is fair."
#12OriginalGenPosted 5/1/2014 10:10:33 AM
tapoh posted...
Yeah, like I said. Burlesque. That's been around for quite awhile.

I will also say that plenty of video games try to be sexy (with varying success.) Plenty also try to be funny (also with varying success.) Bayonetta 1 was one of the few that was sexy and funny, successfully and for that I think it deserves some recognition.

Indeed, not to mention the incredible gameplay. It still bugs me that his games don't allow players to block whenever they want with ANY weapon like Ninja Gaiden does, but the avoid & counter system is very rewarding & feels great when pulled off well.
---
Wii U NNID: Vorash_Kadan
#13-BigGreen-(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2014 12:22:41 PM
blackhrt posted...
I think some of you need to play more games. Not just because your gamers. So you can see that "Bayonetta acting the way she does" isn't new and mindblowing.

That's not the mind-blowing part. The mind-blowing part is that it's being done on a Nintendo console. It's good to see Nintendo not being so adamant on the whole censorship thing they had going on before.
---
Riggity riggidy wrecked son
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lEelz0iUJo
#14blackhrtPosted 5/2/2014 9:10:46 PM
Well yeah. That was a different topic discussed long ago.

But the weird thing is that folks are still surprised by Bayonetta, when in reality Nintendo has had Resident Evil on the Gamecube and other M rated titles before. Not a lot, but they were there.
Embrace Bayonetta everyone and don't read into stuff all the time, for that game is on the short list of titles that don't come around so get it before they disappear!
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#15DetectiveVaruPosted 5/3/2014 12:18:38 AM
OriginalGen posted...

Indeed, not to mention the incredible gameplay. It still bugs me that his games don't allow players to block whenever they want with ANY weapon like Ninja Gaiden does, but the avoid & counter system is very rewarding & feels great when pulled off well.

According to Kamiya, heroes never block.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/114290792486551552
#16rice_noodlesPosted 5/3/2014 12:47:30 AM
I always find that odd. They say they don't want people to turtle and cites Ninja Gaiden, except on higher difficulty they guardbreak/throw/projectile the hell out of you if you simply turtle.
#17Humanoid_SharksPosted 5/14/2014 9:41:02 PM
I feel like everyone is talking to a completely different person that wasn't in this conversation to begin with.
---
''In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.''
-Hunter S. Thompson
#18blackhrtPosted 5/15/2014 1:11:52 AM
Perhaps. We're all getting restless waiting for this game to come out. I mean does Platinum Games need us to go over there and help them finish it?
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#19tapohPosted 5/15/2014 7:55:24 AM
Humanoid_Sharks posted...
I feel like everyone is talking to a completely different person that wasn't in this conversation to begin with.

Actually, I think the tea tastes lovely, despite the crumpets.
---
"Fair is fair."
#20BehaviorismPosted 5/16/2014 1:32:13 PM
EHeroHaneKuribo posted...
Sephivengeance9 posted...
I don't get why people still think that all the hyper-sexualisation is there for fanservice.

THANK YOU.

Bayonetta is campy and her pretend sexiness is there for laughs, not for people to get their rocks off from. That's what was weird about the anime movie... They didn't seem to pick up on that.

Seriously, I don't understand how people can find Bayonetta sexy. She is SO over the top.

I'm playing this game with my pants off, so I beg to differ
---
Don't be a Lemon. Be a Rosebud!
http://www.wwe.com/f/photo/image/2013/07/02_SUMMER_06162013sb_0025.jpg