"Future Bayonetta Games Could Continue Exclusively With Nintendo"

#1IxbranPosted 6/26/2014 1:35:50 PM
http://condemnorcondone.com/future-bayonetta-games-could-continue-exclusively-with-nintendo/

Platinum Games have issued a statement stating that due to all the respect and support Nintendo has been giving them with the development of Bayonrtta 2 with the Wii U, they are strongly considering keeping the Bayonetta franchise a Nintendo console exclusive series.
#2ViniciusFernandPosted 6/26/2014 1:44:48 PM
I can see the Internet having a Aneurism after this.
#3toad133Posted 6/26/2014 2:29:36 PM
It's only a possibility. Kamiya has stated beforehand he doesn't think a Bayonetta 3 would happen, although he wants to do a spin-off with Jeanne on handhelds.

Not that I'd be complaining if we got Bayonetta 3, oh no, not me.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#4Ixbran(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2014 3:30:15 PM(edited)
toad133 posted...
It's only a possibility. Kamiya has stated beforehand he doesn't think a Bayonetta 3 would happen, although he wants to do a spin-off with Jeanne on handhelds.

Not that I'd be complaining if we got Bayonetta 3, oh no, not me.

Um ...

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/07/17/kamiya-would-like-to-make-bayonetta-3-if-second-is-a-success/

also

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/26/bayonetta-3-could-happen-as-nintendo-exclusive-says-dev

Yusuke Hashimoto
"Should the opportunity arise Iíd definitely like to keep nurturing this franchise," he said. "In terms of nurturing the content of this game, thereís a lot that we learned from Nintendo and if possible we would love to do it again and keep nurturing our child."

ďI feel that itís important to let your creativity flow and Nintendo has been able to provide us with the freedom to create what we had originally envisioned. We were able to have a lot of back-and-forth and they were able to provide objective feedback. I feel that was really good and helped push Bayonetta 2 to even higher quality."

ďWe started out with a fundamental freedom, with Nintendo telling us to go and create the game as we saw fit. But as the game started to take shape and we were starting to put all the pieces together, they were able to point out some things that we didnít realise ourselves. That was really helpful for us.Ē
#5Aeroplane33Posted 6/26/2014 4:42:10 PM
I like that Nintendo suggested a few things. this game will be top-notch. Though i do believe what Kamiya has said about ideas turning stale after a 2nd installment. I think they could do a fine job with Bayo 3. If they went straight hardcore like DMC 3 and had the game be Hard on Normal mode that would be amazing.
#6Shui GorPosted 6/26/2014 4:49:00 PM
if it happens.....WHEN it happens, i can't wait for the incoming tears
---
By "dumb", I mean "crazy", and by "crazy" I mean "smart"!
Candy bacon? Smart! Squid shots? ****in' smart!
#7Dersu_UzalaPosted 6/26/2014 8:23:20 PM
There probably just won't be a third game. This really isn't the kind of series that performs well as a Nintendo exclusive. Sega may want to give Bayo 2 an upgraded port on PS4/One after they get the rights back, though.
#8graymamPosted 6/26/2014 8:36:43 PM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
There probably just won't be a third game. This really isn't the kind of series that performs well as a Nintendo exclusive. Sega may want to give Bayo 2 an upgraded port on PS4/One after they get the rights back, though.

How exactly are they going to get the rights back? That's only possible if Nintendo sells the rights back to Sega.
---
8/11 + Rhythm Heaven enemy
#9Lavos33Posted 6/26/2014 8:46:17 PM
Dersu_Uzala posted...

hilarious we still get these comments with what... like 4 months till launch.
#10Sinful_DesirePosted 6/26/2014 9:20:11 PM
id love Bayo to continue as long as Kamiya/hashimoto live....but i have no hopes in a sequel
then again i had none after hearing the first supposedly sold bad?i dont think it did terrible tho

but hey,i never expected a sequel and yet here it is-so who knows
---
3DS fc: Heavenly,3909-7888-5353
Perfect Egg move Riolu 4 trade