Really unsure abput buying this game.

#11FrozenskiesPosted 7/9/2014 9:49:52 AM
Wii u has online... So yes buy it
---
~FrostBite~
#12cyclone327Posted 7/9/2014 11:20:17 AM
I would get the Wii U version is controls are very comfortable and theirs online so you can make friends and work together to take down the tougher monsters.

I remember in tri when me and friends killed the jhen mohran for the 1st time. Extremely rewarding and I'll never forget that experience.
#13ZerekrielPosted 7/9/2014 12:53:06 PM(edited)
All of these posts are pretty much spot on. The demo is a very bad demo in that it just drops you in the fights with no real explanation on how some of the most important parts of the game work, like combining items, crafting equipment, and so on.

If you do get it, give it about 3 hours or so before you give up on it. This gives you time to get through the initial tutorials and beginning quests and play around with the different weapons, and usually is also enough time for you to get to your first Large Monster hunt, the Great Jaggi.

If after that, you decide it's not for you, then that point is really the point you can say you've given the game a fair shot. Three hours may seem like a lot of time to put into just trying out a game, but Monster Hunter is a series where time investment is the name of the game.

And on to your questions;

Is it boring? - It can be boring at the get go, but that only lasts until the point where you can fight large monsters.

Is it hard? - Some of the fights can be hard, but as long as you keep upgrading your weapons and armor there are never any unwinnable fights, especially in the Village quests, which are the single player offline quests.

Is it worth it? - I would say yes, but I'm a big fan of the series and a lot of people here would agree that it's worth it. However, in terms of content and playtime vs price, it definitely has a lot to offer with over 200 quests and 4-player co-op online multiplayer.
---
Shine on, embrace and deny me. Turn on, Wheel of Time.
Shine on, you've burnt me, now guide me. Weave on, Wheel of Time.