in monster hunters 3 when free roaming, can you only find 2 large monsters?

#1ZBug_Posted 9/25/2012 3:47:05 PM
80/80 (out of room to be specific)

So can you only find 2 large monsters at a time during free roam? And if you kill both of them can you find more? I always thought you can only find 2 period, and new large monsters wont respawn unless you return to the village then come back. Is that how it works?

I'm wondering now because, I decided to restart (my other wii broke, couldn't transfer the mh3 save) to warm myself up for MH3U, and shortly after unlocking Great Jaggi for deserted island I did the Hunt Qurupeco quest, unlocked Qurupeco for deserted Island, then I went to the desert island to try and find It, i ended finding and killing 2 great Jaggi's, then when I went to area 8 I saw Qurupeco flying away. I couldn't find it after that (i checked area 10). So i dont really know, was that a glitch, or something?
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#2UlNinPosted 9/25/2012 3:57:46 PM
You can get more than two large monsters in Tri's Moga Village Free Hunt. I've had them spawn a couple minutes af.ter finishing off the initial large monsters. I don't know if you can get three at a time.
---
TopFan88 - HR 31
#3beansncornbreadPosted 9/25/2012 4:30:37 PM
UlNin posted...
You can get more than two large monsters in Tri's Moga Village Free Hunt. I've had them spawn a couple minutes af.ter finishing off the initial large monsters. I don't know if you can get three at a time.

Lol....

And I thought you could get at least 3 monsters. I thought I had a Great Jaggi along with Rathian and Rathalos....or I am just drunk.
---
Justice served with a side of biscuits!---
#4CaptainRandom1Posted 9/25/2012 5:13:58 PM
UlNin posted...
af.ter .

Lol not sure if this was a joke or if you are just used to changing after
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691Official leader of the Monster Hunter 4 board
http://i39.tinypic.com/35lhp53.jpg
#5ZBug_(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2012 6:43:00 PM
Ok, so after the initial 2 are defeated more can show up? do you know how many will keep spawning? like is there a limit on respawns or will they keep coming if you keep killing?
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
#6Cattus_PinguisPosted 9/25/2012 6:53:29 PM
CaptainRandom1 posted...
UlNin posted...
af.ter .

He's used to Capcom's censorship.
#7mhunterchumpPosted 9/26/2012 7:34:27 AM
ZBug_ posted...
Ok, so after the initial 2 are defeated more can show up? do you know how many will keep spawning? like is there a limit on respawns or will they keep coming if you keep killing?

I have this on 3DS and I have killed 5 boss monsters in the free hunt before. I'm not sure if there is a limit or not but its at least 5 for sure.

It's also funny and awesome seeing Baggi's, Diablos, Ura, and Barroth on D Island during free hunt.

The free hunt in MH3U is so much better than it was in TRI.
---
PSN/Xbox:mhunterchump
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
#8UlNinPosted 9/26/2012 7:47:33 AM
CaptainRandom1 posted...
UlNin posted...
af.ter .

Conditioning myself for online chat.

ZBug_ posted...

No clue. I usually head back to the Village af.ter the initial two, and only ended up seeing the third because I was BBQ'ing steaks or killing some Aptonoth for more Raw Meat to grill. I'm typically only doing Village Free Hunts for Resource Points to feed my Dragon Toadstool addiction. I don't know what advantage there is to waiting out for more monsters. Returning to the Village and sleeping gets you two Farm cycles of Dragon Toadstools. Mmmm, Dragon Toadstools.
---
TopFan88 - HR 31
#9Baramos_GonusPosted 9/26/2012 9:27:04 AM
I think the hard limit on respawns was like 8 or something, but you're not guaranteed any respawns

Not to mention there's no reason to be out there that long anyway. I always just hunted whatever was on the report.
---
Drop off beats! I'm f***ing mom!
http://tinyurl.com/7cv9qnx
#10ZBug_(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 6:27:48 PM
mhunterchump posted...
ZBug_ posted...

I have this on 3DS and I have killed 5 boss monsters in the free hunt before. I'm not sure if there is a limit or not but its at least 5 for sure.

It's also funny and awesome seeing Baggi's, Diablos, Ura, and Barroth on D Island during free hunt.

The free hunt in MH3U is so much better than it was in TRI.

thanks very much, my hype level just boosted up. I always wanted to see Jaggi and Baggi together too.
---