in monster hunters 3 when free roaming, can you only find 2 large monsters?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. in monster hunters 3 when free roaming, can you only find 2 large monsters?

User Info: ZBug_

ZBug_
4 years ago#1
80/80 (out of room to be specific)

So can you only find 2 large monsters at a time during free roam? And if you kill both of them can you find more? I always thought you can only find 2 period, and new large monsters wont respawn unless you return to the village then come back. Is that how it works?

I'm wondering now because, I decided to restart (my other wii broke, couldn't transfer the mh3 save) to warm myself up for MH3U, and shortly after unlocking Great Jaggi for deserted island I did the Hunt Qurupeco quest, unlocked Qurupeco for deserted Island, then I went to the desert island to try and find It, i ended finding and killing 2 great Jaggi's, then when I went to area 8 I saw Qurupeco flying away. I couldn't find it after that (i checked area 10). So i dont really know, was that a glitch, or something?
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)

User Info: UlNin

UlNin
4 years ago#2
You can get more than two large monsters in Tri's Moga Village Free Hunt. I've had them spawn a couple minutes af.ter finishing off the initial large monsters. I don't know if you can get three at a time.
TopFan88 - HR 31

User Info: beansncornbread

beansncornbread
4 years ago#3
UlNin posted...
You can get more than two large monsters in Tri's Moga Village Free Hunt. I've had them spawn a couple minutes af.ter finishing off the initial large monsters. I don't know if you can get three at a time.

Lol....

And I thought you could get at least 3 monsters. I thought I had a Great Jaggi along with Rathian and Rathalos....or I am just drunk.
Justice served with a side of biscuits!---

User Info: CaptainRandom1

CaptainRandom1
4 years ago#4
UlNin posted...
af.ter .

Lol not sure if this was a joke or if you are just used to changing after
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691Official leader of the Monster Hunter 4 board
http://i39.tinypic.com/35lhp53.jpg

ZBug_
4 years ago#5
Ok, so after the initial 2 are defeated more can show up? do you know how many will keep spawning? like is there a limit on respawns or will they keep coming if you keep killing?
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami

User Info: Cattus_Pinguis

Cattus_Pinguis
4 years ago#6
CaptainRandom1 posted...
UlNin posted...
af.ter .

He's used to Capcom's censorship.

User Info: mhunterchump

mhunterchump
4 years ago#7
ZBug_ posted...
Ok, so after the initial 2 are defeated more can show up? do you know how many will keep spawning? like is there a limit on respawns or will they keep coming if you keep killing?

I have this on 3DS and I have killed 5 boss monsters in the free hunt before. I'm not sure if there is a limit or not but its at least 5 for sure.

It's also funny and awesome seeing Baggi's, Diablos, Ura, and Barroth on D Island during free hunt.

The free hunt in MH3U is so much better than it was in TRI.
PSN/Xbox:mhunterchump
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump

User Info: UlNin

UlNin
4 years ago#8
CaptainRandom1 posted...
UlNin posted...
af.ter .

Conditioning myself for online chat.

ZBug_ posted...

No clue. I usually head back to the Village af.ter the initial two, and only ended up seeing the third because I was BBQ'ing steaks or killing some Aptonoth for more Raw Meat to grill. I'm typically only doing Village Free Hunts for Resource Points to feed my Dragon Toadstool addiction. I don't know what advantage there is to waiting out for more monsters. Returning to the Village and sleeping gets you two Farm cycles of Dragon Toadstools. Mmmm, Dragon Toadstools.
TopFan88 - HR 31

User Info: Baramos_Gonus

Baramos_Gonus
4 years ago#9
I think the hard limit on respawns was like 8 or something, but you're not guaranteed any respawns

Not to mention there's no reason to be out there that long anyway. I always just hunted whatever was on the report.
Drop off beats! I'm f***ing mom!
http://tinyurl.com/7cv9qnx

ZBug_
4 years ago#10
mhunterchump posted...
ZBug_ posted...

I have this on 3DS and I have killed 5 boss monsters in the free hunt before. I'm not sure if there is a limit or not but its at least 5 for sure.

It's also funny and awesome seeing Baggi's, Diablos, Ura, and Barroth on D Island during free hunt.

The free hunt in MH3U is so much better than it was in TRI.

thanks very much, my hype level just boosted up. I always wanted to see Jaggi and Baggi together too.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. in monster hunters 3 when free roaming, can you only find 2 large monsters?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived