So guys , Is this going to be the first monster hunter with

#11AvatarOfBaganPosted 9/27/2012 12:29:44 AM
For regular Huntable monsters, you get a new title for every:

20, 50, then 100.

For elder Dragons, it's 10, 20, then 30.

I wouldn't be too upset at achievements, just so long as thy don't go off of he random roll thing, such as getting all gold large and small which, aside from special event quests, there is no sure fire way to get them unless you go grinding against an opponent that you may not like fighting.

To this day, I still do not have a gold small Diablos...
---
"Nonsense, Bagan cannot be defeated". - Aliens: Super Godzilla
Kool Frostbyte - XBL gamer tag.
#12jagger_wandererPosted 9/27/2012 11:17:30 AM
Trophies and achievements are bragging rights just like awards and titles were with monster hunter games. Along can the hackers and everything became a mote point. Worst of all is how WoW's achievement is set up. No one cares about you if you don't have the right achievement even though you're a good player. You can never get said achievement because everyone expect you to have it beforehand.
---
Joy is to the ears that hear not the mouth that speaks.
Chronicles of the Unbeliever
#13t3hNubPosted 9/28/2012 10:27:27 AM
I liked getting new Titles to change what my Guild Card said when examined... standard trophies/achievements not so much. They have a place in some games to extend the life or give the playerbase a variety of things to do they might not otherwise try, but I know exactly what I'm doing and why I'm there when I play Monster Hunter: I'm here to fight monsters.

I don't need trophies or achievements to tell me how I'm doing, my item stash and equipment speak for themselves.
---
Don't get hit and hit it until it dies, in that order.
Kill it, carve it, wear it, repeat it.