Capcom should not allow online access until you've beaten Royal Ludroth

#21Little Green YodaPosted 10/3/2012 11:26:52 AM
unnamedFer posted...
G rank is gonna stop the noobs

High rank never stopped noobs from leeching or getting carried. Glorified high rank won't either.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#22JackalPosted 10/3/2012 11:37:17 AM
They should have to open their 5* offline quest first. Then you know they should have some experience, money and supplies.

In 3rdHD there are people that come straight online and want to fight to get HR6 and have no gear of supplies. And since you only need to do key quest to get there is easy to do.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#23jagger_wandererPosted 10/3/2012 6:49:56 PM
As sad as it is, there is no idiot/retard check in place nor will there ever will be. I just want more restriction to the rooms that are created. Like "Solo Only" rooms auto set the number of people for quest to one. Or "Playing With Friends" only let hunters on your friend list to enter. The best of all is the HR restriction where you set the hunter rank that can only be allow to enter. It may be antisocial to a lot of the people on the internet but who cares, your own personal progress is getting done and not those looking for a free ride.
---
Joy is to the ears that hear not the mouth that speaks.
Chronicles of the Unbeliever
#24AkagehisaPosted 10/3/2012 8:13:37 PM
MillionGunmannn posted...
That stops HR1 noobs from coming into online naked and with an Iron Sword.

Aww,, but thats part of the fun man,,,,

Still,, I can see a lot of noobs with mixed armors and the qurpeco SnS without fire attribute joining the fun online :D
#25ToastyToastyPosted 10/4/2012 4:46:44 PM
MillionGunmannn posted...
That stops HR1 noobs from coming into online naked and with an Iron Sword.

BARROTH.

I'd prefer it be Barroth as Barroth forces players, strongly, to get good at the hunting creed and not slouch on crummy armor.

Rathian and Royal Ludroth are rather easy to defeat, Barroth isn't and he hits like, well, a bulldozer.

This. Barroth is the wake-up call boss of MH3.
#26bulbinkingPosted 10/4/2012 9:25:32 PM
UlNin posted...
Slasher,

Persuasive arguments. Absolutely there are folks who will think they know everything there is to know about the game seconds af.ter killing their first jaggi (not Great Jaggi either). But as we've determined - it makes little difference if these people are allowed access to Loc Lac early or late - they will still ignore good advice. I am referring only to the marginal cases, folks who might be open to suggestions because they are new to the game but would be less receptive since they already "beat Offline" and then sleepwalked through the first 18 hunter ranks in severely OP gear.

So I guess the question is: are there more of these folks then there are of annoying n00bs that got carried early on and who would have otherwise perma-ragequit af.ter their umpteenth attempt at Barroth? I dunno.

But from my perspective, you are definitely right about how becoming a minimally disruptive hunter is easier than becoming a skilled one. I am still struggling with both, but the latter seems way further off.

Don't worry, this won't get implemented so you can stop freaking out at the prospect of never getting to go online ;D
---
Hunted hunters hunting hunted hunters...