First 1080p Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Screenshots

#21AkagehisaPosted 10/6/2012 5:01:31 PM
CODwiiiVIP123 posted...
Akagehisa posted...

Still,,, MH3G(3ds) has inferior geometry compared to MHtri(Wii) and MH3U HD is a port of 3Ds MH3g,,, so I doubt it has the same amount of poligons than Tri.

It looks amazing anyway.

True, but even though Ultimate HD will probably have a few less polygons then Tri (cause its a port of the 3DS version), Ultimate's FAR superior lighting and shadow effects along with HD-quality 1080p textures MORE then makes up for it and undoubtedly makes this the best looking monster hunter to-date, with the only potential rival in quality being MHF but even then Ultimate's lighting and shading is still far superior to Frontier's and Ultimate looks WAY better looking then Tri despite a few less polygons.

I just hope it doesn't look weird on a big TV, you know,,, nice everything but kinda blocky.
#22unnamedFerPosted 10/6/2012 8:46:05 PM
If Capcom doesnt have the knowledge to use the models present in tri for MH3U, then they shouldnt be making games in the first place....
---
http://killer7.6.forumer.com/
#23orBhsiFPosted 10/7/2012 1:04:11 AM
Looks nice. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy. Nice to know we're finally getting another MH title in English.
#24NyyarkPosted 10/7/2012 8:25:46 AM
unnamedFer posted...
If Capcom doesnt have the knowledge to use the models present in tri for MH3U, then they shouldnt be making games in the first place....

Was thinking that myself. I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't have higher poly models they used for bump mapping and the like anyways, it'd be weird not pare those down, especially when they know MH3U is gonna make a ton of money being a launch game on a new console and MH.
#25Rurouni720Posted 10/7/2012 3:36:58 PM(edited)
Akagehisa posted...
PedroMontana posted...
unnamedFer posted...
Doesnt capcom already have all content from mh3 in high quality anyway? they only need to upgrade the new stuff only

Not really, MH3rdPHD (PS3) is based on MH3rdP (PSP), which means that it has significantly inferior geometry compared to MH3Tri (Wii) and MH3G/U (3DS).

Because Tri/G/U/GHD/UHD use more complex character models, i doubt much from 3rd Portable HD can be used.

Still,,, MH3G(3ds) has inferior geometry compared to MHtri(Wii) and MH3U HD is a port of 3Ds MH3g,,, so I doubt it has the same amount of poligons than Tri.

It looks amazing anyway.

Pardon? Are you sure your looking at 3G's visuals carefully and not just mistaking the 3DS's resolution? (Especially the polygons) because i do not how those are inferior in a certain sense. I doubt MH3U HD is using less polys than Tri just because it's an HD port of the 3DS version (which had superior dynamic shadows (ones that could even reflect underwater and self shadowing over Tri.)